Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recvd request for DEFENDER owners..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Yes Steven, that is correct although you can shoot me an email and let me know if you want.

I have been perplexed by this issue as I will have to be vigilant at the chow line, but I trust the members to not eat if they dont pay. This is an experiment.

I have long felt that attendance did not mean you HAD to buy dinner. The event is the club event and if you want to attend, but don't want to do dinner (heck for me and my lactose intolerance it is a 50/50 if I could eat somethings) then I want you to have options.

We shall see how it goes. But again, NO NEED TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE CAMPING ONLY. ONLY REGISTER FOR SHIRTS AND IF YOU WANT THE BBQ DINNER. NO REGISTRATIONS FOR DINNER AFTER SEPT 30 AS OF RIGHT NOW.

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Thanks Mike. It just did not make financial sense to register myself and the boys for dinner if the boys would probably be happier roasting hotdogs on an open fire.
Follow me on Twitter: @mmacrue

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • NCLR 004
I understand. If the economy is the same next year, I will suggest pot luck.....

I think that the envisionment for the event is a time when ALL memebers of the club can come and meet/wheel/hang. And I understand perfectly.

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
same for guests?

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER
I guess I will chime in as I have been busy to say the least and am really as usual looking forward to potentially destroying my LWB this year:p I was thinking Tank Traps backwards? Uuh! no! BYOA is a good idea as last years keg incident was a pain in the arse due to the stupid wrong nozzle and when resolved if I remember correctly it was hardly touched.
Happy to donate my monies to a good cause such as the Megan McClung Memorial Run.
Too early on for a company donation.. sorry! but will keep you posted.
Looking forward to seing everyone. I'll be there Friday.;)

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 882 posts
Can my guest use the PayPal link on the website or do I need to purchase 2 and get him to pay me back??

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Too early on for a company donation.. sorry!

No worries. When it makes sense for the business or timing is right, will talk. See you there!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • NCLR 004
Same what for guests? Dinner is a fee for service, camping is free. That way guests can come and experience the club and maybe join. Dinner is not a profit maker for the club, the idea is to cover costs of the catering. Please remember to participate in the raffle, which is the fundraiser for the NCLR.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • NCLR 004
Colin, not sure but if they can SEE the paypal link, then they can access it...I think we take money from anyone. Can you have them try and report back?

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 882 posts
will do

esteban

esteban

Stephen (NCLR049)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Oops, just read the info on the club website... I guess Area 5 won't be available until 3pm. Also, just so I make sure I understand it correctly, there is no need to register if one is not participating in the dinner Saturday night, correct?

Steven, usually they'll let us in early. It shouldn't be a problem.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steve
Burninating the countryside!

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Steven, usually they'll let us in early. It shouldn't be a problem.........

OK, if I can get the boys out of school early then I will be there early!

Jantiz

Jantiz

Luis (NCLR079)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
I plan to be there around lunch time myself so hopefully they change the lock to our combination the night prior or I'll be waiting by the road for a few hours :) Towing the trailer!
"Sharky" / "Darth Vader"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luis

'07 LR3 SE / '06 LR3 HSE

lutz

lutz

NCLR053/SCLR

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Grover Beach CA
  • KK6QGU
  • 2004 Discovery 2
  • 2008 LR3
I will also be there in the morning.Rover still being fixed from the dusy but ill have her ready.My rear lower shock mounts are completely bent.

KK6QGU
04 Discovery 2-Trail truck- RTE 3in with fox 2.0 shocks, $g rear cones ,$G front bumper with Warn XD9000i custom rear,ARB's air lockers F&R with Ashcroft 4.12 w/reverse cut front , Ashcroft HD axles/CV's, RTE diff guards F&R , Max Yedor HD tie rod and track rod,custom watts, 255/85-16 MAXXIS MT-762 BIGHORN

2008 lr3

http://www.pacificadventuretours.com/

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 882 posts
I Will bring you you cross member lutz.. anything else you need?

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Hey, Mike, so my wife and I will be signing on the dotted line on a condo at Northstar in the next couple weeks and I'm wondering what you, and others, think of me offering a weekend at our place as a raffle item? It's not LR related, but might generate interest with members, thereby loosening their pocketbooks a little more for the raffle. Obviously, I could put together a little printout of the details so people would know what they'd be in for. Thoughts?

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,791 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Hey, Mike, so my wife and I will be signing on the dotted line on a condo at Northstar in the next couple weeks and I'm wondering what you, and others, think of me offering a weekend at our place as a raffle item? It's not LR related, but might generate interest with members, thereby loosening their pocketbooks a little more for the raffle. Obviously, I could put together a little printout of the details so people would know what they'd be in for. Thoughts?

Mark, that is generous of you and would be fantastic idea as a raffle item. Just make sure to draft an agreement for terms of use and care of your place to be signed by the winner! Mike or I can make a cert for you.

Edited by RON CT110, 24 September 2010 - 03:32 AM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • NCLR 004
I agree, I think that is awesome and incredibly generous....and I hope I can win...snowboarding or mt. biking, win win!

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Okay. Cool! I'll provide a rental contract with the terms and conditions for the winner to review/sign that night or I will simply communicate with the winner after the fact and we'll work out the details at that time.

If Steven wins, I'll be filing an appeal...

stevenmd

stevenmd

NCLR008

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
OK, decided not to pull the boys out of school early. We will be leaving Ripon at 3pm with an ETA of 5pm in Hollister. Going to teach my boys how to make a fire with just a battery and steel wool.

If Steven wins, I'll be filing an appeal...

@sshat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users