Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recvd request for DEFENDER owners..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER

Ha ha, fixed it for you... I got food to eat that's already paid for so I'll be there Saturday at least, $100 gas bill for $25 in food must be the company there that's worth it...

You will find out:p
I was on the fence as to go or not go and have already decided not to bring my LWB for fear it may go home on a trailer! am riding up in Arthur's 63 109 V8

looking forward to meeting you face to face Eric.

Edited by SLOHybrid, 08 October 2010 - 01:13 PM.

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

norcal relics

norcal relics

NCLR029

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I'm looking forward to it too, leaving tomorrow morning as I still have too much work to do today. I'm missing one big bag of parts that will be a true challenge to find. I still don't know where my sleeping bag is!
Rovers:
50 Series 1 80" NEVER for sale
83 110 V8 LPG Conversion

norcal relics

norcal relics

NCLR029

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

well, you can tell yourself that....

uuuuhhh okay.
Rovers:
83 110 V8 LPG Conversion

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

You will find out:p
I was on the fence as to go or not go and have already decided not to bring my LWB for fear it may go home on a trailer! am riding up in Arthur's 63 109 V8

looking forward to meeting you face to face Eric.

ahhhh, tank trap has you concerned....can't resist when the rocks give you that "stare"...just drive the LWB, sleep in it and park it....All I plan on doing with mine as the kids will be there this year.

lutz

lutz

NCLR053/SCLR

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Grover Beach CA
  • KK6QGU
  • 2004 Discovery 2
  • 1999 Discovery 2
  • 2008 LR3
Well found out i bent my arb.Putting a stock diff in her should be there tonight.

KK6QGU
04 Discovery 2-Trail truck- RTE 3in with fox 2.0 shocks, $g rear cones ,$G front bumper with Warn XD9000i custom rear,ARB's air lockers F&R with Ashcroft 4.12 w/reverse cut front , Ashcroft HD axles/CV's, RTE diff guards F&R , Max Yedor HD tie rod and track rod,custom watts, 255/85-16 MAXXIS MT-762 BIGHORN

99 Discovery 2 -Parts truck

2008 lr3

http://www.pacificadventuretours.com/

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER
That's not all I bent on the Dusy!

Lutzi see you there tomorrow

Eric I have a few spare bags so let me know by the end of today.... are you towing or driving the 80"

I love Craigslist (sometimes) I just put a few things up less than 2 hours ago to get a bit of cash for the trip and have sold 2 things already:)

Well found out i bent my arb.Putting a stock diff in her should be there tonight.

Edited by SLOHybrid, 08 October 2010 - 02:43 PM.

NCLR 093

norcal relics

norcal relics

NCLR029

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
1:30 am, just got home from the shop. What a pain this has been, can't rule out sabotage. 2 quarts of water, mud, and grit in the gearbox. No gear oil in the rear diff, bone dry. Tracta joints bone dry too, that probably leaked out. 2 quarts of mud there is no explanation for. More later on that, have to pack and get the old boy on the trailer tomorrow morning. He's got no registration, and today was a furlough day at the DMV, I forgot! Oh well, the master brake cylinder is going out and I've got no seat belts anyway, I'll drive him there next year. Thanks for the bag offer, haven't even looked for mine. Have some cheapo summer weight bags, might have to double or triple them up. Shower, then bed, hope I wake up in the am not in the pm.
Rovers:
83 110 V8 LPG Conversion

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Wake up time Eric (ring ring can you hear the alarm ring) - glad to hear you are coming.

Also folks - Mike needs a few volunteers to help serve dinner tonight around 6:30pm followed by the raffle after dinner and show (Kevin is brining the projector).

2-3 people will do; priviledge - you get to eat early, and be done with dinner. When 6:30pm comes around, you have eater and just have your fav drink on hand (soda pop or beer) and just help Mike get dinner serviced for the rest of the club members and guest. Go see Mike (astateofmike) before 5:30pm and let him know you can help; thanks!

And between dinner and the raffle, Jim wants to have the mike and talk about Treading Lightly.

If Will decides to do the recovery training this afternoon or Sunday morning - we have Brenton and Mark aka GriffSC as the volunteer recovery Vehicle, and the vehicle to recovery (right?)

See you all there!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

norcal relics

norcal relics

NCLR029

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
After several additional hangups, including accidentally opening a half liter bottle of German beer and the lock mechanism on my trailer failing I'm on my way, should be there in time for dinner and TL info, getting on the road from Sacramento now. See you there...
Rovers:
83 110 V8 LPG Conversion

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Seems like there's a good turnout this year and possibly some new members. Hope you're all having a blast at HH. Sorry I missed it, but I'm already choreographing a fire/pole dance with Sas & Griff making a cameo appearance for next year. lol

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
just back early to prepare for Giants game

what a great turnout........ 30 plus trucks, 80 plus people..... Hard to keep track

This pic of 3 Camel Trophy Defenders is my favorite.....

Attached Files

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend to make our fourth NCLR Annual Event a great success. A special thanks to Mike and Ron for their hard work!

Having fought my way through the HMB pumpkin buyers I made it home about noon and have the truck unloaded and am working on the pictures. Here is a picture of most, but not all of the rigs attending the event.

More to come ...

Attached Files

Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Great trip. I had a little damage on Sunday. I broke my new front d-shaft at the quarry. :-( Antonio broke his front Diff at the quarry. Oh well. I am just clad I swapped in a cdl tcase in money.

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
I had a great time!! The weather was great. Here are the pictures i took during the event.

http://web.me.com/an..._2010.html#grid

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
Pedram is posting the videos he took of the event here:

http://www.lrrforums...1516#post161516

norcal relics

norcal relics

NCLR029

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I took no pictures. I was either:

A: driving my Rover with a $*#t eating grin.
B: talking about my Rover with a $*#t eating grin
C: stuffing my face with beans, steak, and potato salad
D: drinking a beer
E: drinking Will's Oban scotch whiskey or Dave's Gentlemen's Jack

I had a great time, met a ton of new folks a reconnected with old friends. Viva NCLR!!!
Rovers:
83 110 V8 LPG Conversion

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Thanks everyone for a great weekend! It's nice to catch up with the group in one place. The highlight of my weekend was NOT seeing Eric drive around in his underwear. He threatened, but it never happened. Small miracles...

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER
I had as usual a great time too but if I had known there were new obstacles I would have bought Rovage. I want to thank all who put this on! especially thanks to Michael AKA AstateofMike.

NCLR 093

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Many thanks to the guys who hold the whole thing together - Mike, Ron, Will, et al. A pleasure to see a big turnout and the CTs (and Phil's C303, of course). Was about the kids this year for me and I rather enjoyed the experience.

Good to see some old faces and meet some new ones. Enjoyed "meeting" Hancock finally as well.

The campfire banter was solid as usual, even better after Pita Esteban Neighbors departed his seat. And it was a sincere pleasure watching you guys get stewed.

Oh, and to our absentee member, Jen, who cleaned house at the raffle, I hope you know the rest of us will not allow a repeat performance next year! ;)

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Here is my carnage.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a wonderful time. It was great putting a few names to faces. And seeing the old regulars again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users