Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Medical Air Lift Insurance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

NomadDisco

NomadDisco

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello everyone my name is chris i live in oakland and I just joined this club today. I look forward to meeting all of you.

JamesF

JamesF

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Welcome Chris!
Jim Fox
'92 RRC "Chelsea"

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Welcome to all our new members. We look forward to seeing you at our monthly gatherings in Holllister each 1st Saturday of each month.
Chris, if you see my D1 around Oakland, give a shout out.

JGiordani

JGiordani

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, my name is John Giordani. We have a stock Silver 2006 LR3 HSE. Was my wife's car new for carrying around our 3 young kids and 2 dogs, but I've now inherited it! By young boys ages 6.5 and 5 get really excited to get off-road, so I try to get them on the dirt as often as possible up in Tahoe, but we are usually solo, and I am a novice, so I keep it mellow.

We just joined and are heading down this morning to Hollister for the MORG. Looking forward to gaining some experience and confidence, and possibly learning from other LR3 owners what modifications might give us the best bang-for-the-buck, in terms of improved off-road capability. I'm guessing tires/wheels #1?

Look forward to meeting some of you later this morning at Hollister. We will be coming down from Moraga in the East Bay. Google Maps says 2 hours, but only 105 miles...so I'm guessing closer to 1 and 1/2 hours?

John

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Welcome John and your family to the club!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

DBoucher

DBoucher

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Just joined. Look forward to the 6th Annual event in October.
Cheers,
Daniel Boucher

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Hello everyone, my name is John Giordani. We have a stock Silver 2006 LR3 HSE. Was my wife's car new for carrying around our 3 young kids and 2 dogs, but I've now inherited it! By young boys ages 6.5 and 5 get really excited to get off-road, so I try to get them on the dirt as often as possible up in Tahoe, but we are usually solo, and I am a novice, so I keep it mellow.

We just joined and are heading down this morning to Hollister for the MORG. Looking forward to gaining some experience and confidence, and possibly learning from other LR3 owners what modifications might give us the best bang-for-the-buck, in terms of improved off-road capability. I'm guessing tires/wheels #1?

Look forward to meeting some of you later this morning at Hollister. We will be coming down from Moraga in the East Bay. Google Maps says 2 hours, but only 105 miles...so I'm guessing closer to 1 and 1/2 hours?

John

Welcome John....and family. Sorry to miss you in Hollister, I was at the Mendocino Rally getting caked in dust :-)

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate

Just joined. Look forward to the 6th Annual event in October.
Cheers,
Daniel Boucher

Welcome Daniel, glad to see you joined and can't wait to see your Series again at the Annual!

John, good meeting you on Saturday.

Benny

Benny

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello everyone i just joined this month hope to see you soon. i have a disco1 and is semi lifted. hope to see all in October for the annual get together. i currently reside here in Hayward and working as a maintenance for a apartment community

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
We are nearly neighbors. I live in Fremont. And also have a D1. Welcome Benny.

Benny

Benny

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thank you for the welcome Pedram

JCook

JCook

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Peninsula
  • 2006 LR3 HSE
  • 1965 Series IIA
Hello everyone!

My name is Jay Cook and I just joined, but already met a few of you down at Hollister in August. Like John, I also have a silver 2006 LR3 HSE and am in the process of adding a few things here and there. I've been a life long british car guy (life my father before me... ah the curse of Lucas), but finally picked up my first rover in January. I've already had it out in the wild a few times and am looking forward to future trips.

I'm based down in Cupertino and it would be great to meet up with anyone in the area!

Jay

Benny

Benny

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
welcome Jay to the club

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Well Jay there are a lot of members near you. Glad we meet at Holister in August. I was the only Toyota there with the only trailer. I'm sure you remember me now. I think I was the one who tried to get you over a hill at the Rock quarry. How's the LR3 doing after that trip?

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Hi Jay and welcome! Hope to meet you at the annual event in Hollister.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

JCook

JCook

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Peninsula
  • 2006 LR3 HSE
  • 1965 Series IIA

Well Jay there are a lot of members near you. Glad we meet at Holister in August. I was the only Toyota there with the only trailer. I'm sure you remember me now. I think I was the one who tried to get you over a hill at the Rock quarry. How's the LR3 doing after that trip?

Hey Pedram, I was the other silver LR3... I had to take off a little early and missed the trip up to quarry. Next time!

2006 LR3 HSE
- ARB bull bar

- Warn XD9000 winch

- BajaRack

- G4 Ladder
- Tactical Rovers rocksliders

- G4 Snorkel

1965 Series IIA

- work in progress

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Hello all, I figured I would re introduce myself.

I used to be a member on the forum and represent Specialized Parts Planet, They sold out and I finally own a Land rover and have been waiting to join up.

My names Justin, Currently I'm attending the sheriffs academy and near graduation. I'm from the Sacramento area and have a deep passion for Land Rover.

In my spare time I own my own game studio and do webdesign, maybe I can offer some free services for any flyers if needed?

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Justin and new members welcome.

I remember Specialized Parts Planet; good to hear from you again Justin; we have a Members Meeting on April 13 @ Mexxis in San Ramon; if you are in the area, welcome to attend. And well wishes on graduating from the Sheriff's Academy. I used to volunteer for SAR (now my two young boys keep me busy), and worked closely w/my local Sheriff back then @ Contra Costa. Great folks to work with.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Welcome to the Club, Justin. What type of games to you make? I work at 2K Marin in Novato.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Ah very nice, Borderlands and Bioshock are awesome titles.

I own a small studio, we currently have two titles in developement but much smaller scale than 2K.

www.Skideria.com is our Studio site

This is our first title.
and our second title

Edited by Justin, 27 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users