Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Medical Air Lift Insurance

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Welcome Justin! Congrats on the Academy and I look forward to meeting you in person when it works. What type of Rover did you pick-up?

See you out there,

Tom

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Looks like this thread hasn't been active in nearly a year; either no new members or ???

Well, I'm a new member as of today.

Don Happel; just bought my first Rover, an '07 LR3 HSE. It's totally stock at the moment but give me time...I've always viewed stock as just a starting point. I'm self employed running a small yacht service company and handling service for D'Anna Yacht Center in the bay. I live in Walnut Grove, between Sacramento and Stockton on the river though work sees me in the bay at least once a week it seems. Wife is Michele; she's the western technical sales manager for Badger Meter out of Milwaukee.

I only have limited off-road experience and that has mostly been with JKs. My automotive background primarily revolves around going fast around corners - used to race Alfas when I lived in the mid-west; more recently have run at Laguna, Sears, and T-Hill with the BMW club though I am currently sans-car. I also have a couple 2-wheeled brits in the garage to keep my need for speed fed.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and picking your brains on what works best to get this LR3 ready for some dirt and rocks!

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Welcome Don and Happy New Year.

Quite a few LR3's (and a few 4's) in the group and PLENTY of opinions to help you build up your rig ;-)

Looking forward to meeting you at an outing here or there... (Take a look at the Shaver Lake thread...)

Cheers, Tom Owen

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Hey Don, welcome and Happy New Year!

I have an 06 LR3 with a couple of mods;

ARB bumper with Warn winch

Yaesu HAM radio

stock roof rack, albeit, modified to accomodate a Tepui roof top tent

Hella driving lights

18" wheels for off-roading and 19" for street driving

Double batteries

Multiple AC outlets in cargo comportment

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...a BRASS bleeder valve for the cooling sytem (they usually desintegrate by 80K)

Kevin & Lucinda Suttle have a couple of LR3's as well and one of them is pretty well armored in the underbelly.

Look forward to meeting you!

Enrique

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE
Hello Everyone,

I am Anudeep . I recently made my dream come true by owning a 06LR3 HSE with HD package. It is purely stock at this point, but gathering all the info I need to beef it up. Limited off road experience but lots driving experience, love fast cars.

I live in Fremont, CA and I work at Berkeley. Recently met the group at Hollister Hills Aug MORG. Wonderful experience with wonderful people.
Looking forward to meet you all in near future events.

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Welcome to NCLR Anudeep. It was fun at MORG. Hope to see your and your truck more often. Glad you joined this group.

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 874 posts
Nice I work in Berkeley as well. I can't wait to meet up @ Catahula.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Welcome to NCLR Anudeep. It was fun at MORG. Hope to see your and your truck more often. Glad you joined this group.

Thank you Pedram.

I am glad too I found this amazing group. It was real fun and best life time first experience at the MORG. Thanks guys.

Anudeep (YARRover)

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Nice I work in Berkeley as well. I can't wait to meet up @ Catahula.

Ohh wow. That is cool, lets catch up at Catahula and know where abouts in Berkeley.

Anudeep (YARRover)

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1
Hello All,
I am Nick live in San Francisco. I have a 98 Disco 150k miles. I've had it about a year. Been fixing all the stuff the PO had let go . I have never been off road. Would like to go someday when I learn what I have to know and what mods I have to do on the Disco to make it off road worthy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

98 Disco 1 Chawton White 150K

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Hello All,
I am Nick live in San Francisco. I have a 98 Disco 150k miles. I've had it about a year. Been fixing all the stuff the PO had let go . I have never been off road. Would like to go someday when I learn what I have to know and what mods I have to do on the Disco to make it off road worthy.

Welcome Nick. Come out with us at the November MORG. It's a little farther than normal but it's worth it.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Hi Nick,

Sorry to miss you at the Peninsula Gathering Next time.. There are a few members up your way, hopefully you can connect. There is a lot of learned wisdom amongst this group based on experience. On road, off-road, at the campsite... Look forward to meeting you at some point. Tom

NCLR Board Member
Director of Affairs

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

@TomOwen

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,425 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Welcome Nick. Come out with us at the November MORG. It's a little farther than normal but it's worth it.

Hi Nick -- sorry we didn't catch you at last weeks' event. As Pedram mentioned, the November MORG is coming up if you want to have a good rally up Mt. Hamilton and some off-roading at Frank Raines. Below are a couple of links.

November MORG [Thread] [Calendar]

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

Hi Nick,

Sorry to miss you at the Peninsula Gathering Next time.. There are a few members up your way, hopefully you can connect. There is a lot of learned wisdom amongst this group based on experience. On road, off-road, at the campsite... Look forward to meeting you at some point. Tom

NCLR Board Member
Director of Affairs

Thanks Tom, I really hope to meet up with some locals and get some advice on what to with my Disco.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure if my disco is ready for a MORF yet it is bone stock and I have no off road experience yet . I'm not sure what is needed to be done to make it ready. I just reached the point of possibly doing any upgrades. Not sure where to start. Should the first thing be a lift kit ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Thanks for the welcome. I am not sure if my disco is ready for a MORG yet it is bone stock and I have no off road experience yet . I'm not sure what is needed to be done to make it ready. I just reached the point of possibly doing any upgrades. Not sure where to start. Should the first thing be a lift kit ?

My first "mod" to my discovery was to go to a MORG. ;-)

Meet the other folks, see the rigs, hop in shotgun seat, go for a ride, talk Land Rove and soak it all in... No better way to get experience in my book than learning from like-minded folks .... and you'll go home with a laundry list of good ideas ;-)

I have a Willow Green D1 with Rack and front bumper, hope to see you around town...

Tom

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

@TomOwen

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

My first "mod" to my discovery was to go to a MORG. ;-)

Meet the other folks, see the rigs, hop in shotgun seat, go for a ride, talk Land Rove and soak it all in... No better way to get experience in my book than learning from like-minded folks .... and you'll go home with a laundry list of good ideas ;-)

I have a Willow Green D1 with Rack and front bumper, hope to see you around town...

Tom

You have convinced me,I didn't need much convincing . I will go to the MORG.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,425 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

I'm not sure what is needed to be done to make it ready.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the stock capability of your Discovery -- add-ons/upgrades are just icing on the cake.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
And when it comes time to talk mods.....there are lots of us willing to help you spend your money!

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
And me.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users