Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 HDC/Trans/Suspension Fault w/No Brake Lights

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
If you are an LR3 (maybe LR4) owner and you haven't seen the thread listed below, you should read it. In Summary, the brake pedal switch in an LR3 is tied not just to your brake lights, but also to the ABS system. If the switch becomes faulty or fails, this impacts HDC and the suspension will lower to the bump stops. The fix is a simple $13 switch from Atlantic British that I think should be part of any LR3/LR4 owner's off-road emergency kit. Here are the details:

Link to thread: http://www.lrrforums...ead.php?t=18350

Link to part at Atlantic British: http://www.roverpart.../XKB500110G.cfm

-Kevin

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Thanks Kevin! I'll pick mine up from Paul at RWC Land Rover today.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
It's nice to see some issues with the brake switch made it from the D2 over to the LR3 :)

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Preparing to stick a fork in your eye in 3...2...1...action!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users