Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cole European event on 3/11/11

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Just received the following via email from Cole European in WCK:

Exclusive Presentation and Reception
Global Expedition Presentation and Reception
Friday, March 11, 2011
Cole European - Exclusive Land Rover host for the Bay Area stop

The Going Overland Transglobal Expedition is an attempt at an unbroken overland, true surface circumnavigation of the world by a Land Rover Defender. The husband/wife driving team of Paul and Helen Crittenden, co-navigators of the expedition, will share their adventures in-person, during this exclusive Bay Area Land Rover stop at Cole European.

Special Guest Appearance

Not only will the Crittendens be stopping by, a representative from the Lindsay Wildlife Museum will also be making a guest appearance with a special "wild" friend.

Volunteers at the Lindsay Wildlife Museum donate their time to care for more than 50 animals native to California, and educate the local community about natural history and environmental stewardship. Cole European is proud to be a sponsor of its annual golf tournament.

Free Service Clinic
For all Land Rover owners who attend, Cole European will complete a complimentary Performance Inspection on their Land Rover while they enjoy the presentation and reception. You'll be provided with a written summary of your vehicle's condition, as well as a small gift of appreciation from your hosts at Cole European.

Reserve your Guest Pass
Please, don't miss this wonderful opportunity to meet a truly engaging couple as they travel the world in a Land Rover. Space at the presentation and reception is limited, so please reserve your guest pass:

Call to RSVP 925-935-COLE or e-mail rsvp@coleeuropean.com

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
i have a 2:30pm appointment

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

i have a 2:30pm appointment

Cool, Phil! I can't make it, but hoped someone would. Give us a report, would ya?

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
Sign em up as a sponsor! That's the dealer I bought my first, 1996 Disco from..
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

Jantiz

Jantiz

Luis (NCLR079)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
They did all my services and maintenance work while under warranty. Great friendly shop.
"Sharky" / "Darth Vader"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luis

'07 LR3 SE / '06 LR3 HSE

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
thought I was the chosen one, also received an invite :)

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
I have to disagree - This is the only LR shop I have ever had a problem with. Their customer service was so horrible, I told them to take me off their mailing list. Don't miss them at all.

They did all my services and maintenance work while under warranty. Great friendly shop.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

... You'll be provided with a written summary of your vehicle's condition ....

They would probably refuse to drive my RRC ...

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

wineryrover

wineryrover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Napa, CA
  • 1972 Series III 88
  • 1994 Defender 90
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2002 Disco II
Land Rover Marin just had a similar event last Saturday. I was tempted to bring in the series and see what the "summary of its condition" would be. I don't think they would have enough paper.
Robb

LR3, D90, DII & SIII

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
I'm bringing the StormTrooper around 10:30am for an appt, although you don't need an appointment to come apparently. Paul and Helen will be giving a formal presentation at 4pm, but if enough people are interested prior to 4, they apparently will be happy to chat and share their slideshow early.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
looks like i won't be able to make it afterall. i have a 2:30pm appointment if anyone wants/needs it. it was the latest one in the afternoon offered to me.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
When I called, I was told "all appointments are taken...but I can squeeze you in in the morning". So it appears there are "appointments" that aren't appointments :-)

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Phil/Kevin,

How can I get my name on the list just to see "The Going Overland Transglobal Expedition"; very interested and would love to connect with the adventurers Paul and Helen, and check out their 110: http://www.goingoverland.com/

I will be rolling in with CT110; I don't need to have Cole inspect my 110, cash wash or give me a report - just want to see the presentation.

Will, our prez, and I were talking and would be great opp to get connect with Paul and Helen, some pictures, understand more about their trips, and report back to the club. Also talk to Cole about club sponsorship.

Good to hear the Lindsay Wildlife Museum is represented; they are also local and in Walnut Creek, and great place to take your young ones to see their daily feeding and pet circle of wild life.

Let me know if someone can be put me down as their guest. I can be in Walnut Creek by 4pm.

And as a side note, I am off to San Jose to see the SaberCats @ 8pm for some arena football if anyone else wants to join me; never seen them live so this will be interesting; anyone going to see them this Friday's game: http://www.thesanjos...s.com/index.php

Edited by RON CT110, 10 March 2011 - 07:13 AM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Phil/Kevin,

How I get my name on the list just to see "The Going Overland Transglobal Expedition"; very interested and would love to connect with the adventurers Paul and Helen, and check out their 110

Ron,
My understanding from the receptionist at Cole is that you could just "show up" at 4pm and they wouldn't turn you away. However, for planning purposes they would appreciate a call from you. You do not need to schedule an inspection. Just let them know when you'll be there.

Note that the location of this event is not the main Cole sales and showroom location. This is at their service location at 1421 Lesnick Ln in Walnut Creek

Lucinda and I are going around 10:30. We'll be wearing our NCLR gear and I'll bring some videos to share what our club does if they are interested. I think I have a couple of the large NCLR stickers...maybe I'll bring to see if they'd like to add one to their vehicle :-)

Unfortunately we have to leave by 1:30-2 at the latest to go pick our kids up from school. I'll let you and Will talk with Paul, Helen, and Cole about sponsorship etc. Give Paul & Helen some NCLR t-shirts and we might get some photos of them in interesting places around the world.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Thanks Kevin for the location info. I will call ahead to let them know re: my attendance.

Yes, if you and Lucinda can get vids and pix especially with Paul and Helen wearing NCLR shirts, that would be cool!

Ron

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Ok, I called and left a msg for Debbie (person to contact for making reserv)!

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
anyone going, the shop is awesome, but hard to find. Literally along 680 down a hill behind a hotel...but a great looking shop. If I get a chance, I'll roll by in the LWB from Danville...but life has been busy and I am not sure if I will make it at all..http://nclrclub.org/...ewreply&p=15003

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

anyone going, the shop is awesome, but hard to find. Literally along 680 down a hill behind a hotel...but a great looking shop. If I get a chance, I'll roll by in the LWB from Danville...but life has been busy and I am not sure if I will make it at all..http://nclrclub.org/...ewreply&p=15003

Lucinda and I will be there from 10:30 til 1:30 at the latest.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Is it at the service center or the dealer show room?

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
I think somebody said it's at the service center, Colin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users