Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone interested in Meeting Paul/Helen From Going Global @ Mexxis either this week?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

LWB=No Problem. Sliders? If there's lots of rain between now and then...i would remove them, otherwise fine.

Sorry, I was thinking side steps. no sliders needed.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

You know with Carlos and Enrique on this trip, we will eat well for sure (smile)

Carlos should go on this trip.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

drafdog

drafdog

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Has an official date been set?
Mark D.

2005 LR3 with a few goodies.

2000 Discovery II - 2" lift, 33"s, steel front winch bumper

(NCLR017)

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
http://nclrclub.org/...7946-Trip-Dates

We'll more than likely meet everyone up there. It's a 5hr drive from the Bay Area so we'll leave around 5 or 6am on Friday morning and skip the caravan.

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I am waiting for confirmation from Liz. Put me down for a maybe
Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

disco97

disco97

NCLR047

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
So, i think My Brother may be riding shotgun with me. He has been bugging me to go on a trip for years. He's in the Navy and between him being deployed or me not going on many trips our schedules just don't jive. SO, if he can get Friday off, we are both in.

Anyone know what the best maps are to get for the area and where to get them? I've never been up there and want to check it out a bit before we go.

And...If there is a convoy, when and where is going to take place?

Josh Fischer
97 D1 5 spd.

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
What freeway do you take up and what town is it close to so that I have a better idea for time and distance. Is it usually muddy, rocky, fire roads what is the terrain do we need anything extra ie fuel, water fire wood, is the camping primative or a actual camp ground?
JOSH
2000 DII

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
The trail is just a fire road. Nothing technical. If it's raining or wet, the clay soil turns pretty greasy. Similar to a mud day at Hollister. An AT tire should be fine. By time we hit a trail, the entire group will be together so you don't have to worry about getting into a situation without help. Last year was dry so there no need to even drop it into 4wd.

Camping is semi-primitive. Vault toilets and potable water. Paved parking with dirt camping areas. Pretty posh IMO.

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Please dumb this down for me...where are we starting? I'm in Vacaville, and haven't a clue what/where you guys were talking about. Anyone else from around these parts???
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS Hard Top
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Crystal,

Go to Google Maps and input Vacaville, Ca. and Garberville, Ca. It will recommend Hwy20 to 101 for you. I don't know hwy20 at all, but I imagine it's pretty curvy and slow compared to the alternate route. I would recommend 80 to 37 to 101 for you. It's your call. The google map will at least give you an idea of where we intend to go. This is pretty far up the Northern California Coast along hwy101. Most Bay Area peeps will caravan. Keep watching this thread and more info will unfold. The real "Trip" doesn't start until we hit camp at Wailaki Campground.

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Wonderful! Thanks Sassy!
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

disco97

disco97

NCLR047

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
So, What are the chances I could make the trip in my Subaru Forester? I was just thinking it might be nice to double my gas mileage and beat up the Subie a bit. If it's even questionable, I will just bring the Rover.

Josh Fischer
97 D1 5 spd.

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
You could make it in the Subi but be prepared for a ration of schiiite along the way!

Attached Files

Edited by sasquatch, 21 October 2011 - 06:04 AM.

disco97

disco97

NCLR047

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

You could make it in the Subi but be prepared for a ration of schiiite along the way!

ROFLMFAO! OK! Nuf said. Rover it is. I'll just stick to the Rover. Thanks for the info.

Josh Fischer
97 D1 5 spd.

N2RVRS

N2RVRS

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • KG6YYV
I am in
You guys think I can take the PRIUS ?
Just kidding!;)

Let's think Dinner!!
Ron, any suggestions?

THERE IS NEVER A WRONG TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

Carlos

KG6YYV

RRC '92 Traveler             (REDSQRE)

RRC '93 LWB                   UNDEFINED
LR3 HSE '06                    (KYFUYEM)
101 FC BRITISH ARMY   (KATYUSHA)
'63 UNIMOG SWISS ARMY (KURSK43)

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I am in
Let's think Dinner!!
Ron, any suggestions?

I am thinking seafood theme being a coastal trip.

How about rice/seafood paella on Friday, and/or grilled meat for Saturday (being will see a lot of Franklin Elks on the trail - lol)? Glad to collect $10-20 per person per dinner who wants in. Let's us know what you can do. Yumm.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

LR109

LR109

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hello Everyone,

Can we some how convince Carlos to do Lobster taco's or Cioppino? Sourdough french bread chased down with Dos XX's. As you know I can only handle one.....LoL

disco97

disco97

NCLR047

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Ron,
My brother has confirmed to ride shotgun in my rig. So, add him to the headcount for food or??? please. Thanks! This is getting exciting! I haven't done a Rover trip since before my son was born. He will be 3 in a week! (well, the MORG doesn't count).

Josh Fischer
97 D1 5 spd.

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
I'll be happy to fork over dough to eat delicious chow. :-). Let's do this! I do love seafood.
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

I'll be happy to fork over dough to eat delicious chow. :-). Let's do this! I do love seafood.

Ditto.
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users