Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone interested in Meeting Paul/Helen From Going Global @ Mexxis either this week?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
We had a great time. Thanks all for putting up with us!
Here are my photos.
http://www.flickr.co...s/12438996@N07/
(though I'm getting the YOU MUST UPGRADE error from this site, so let me know if you can't see them).
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

We had a great time. Thanks all for putting up with us!
Here are my photos.
http://www.flickr.co...s/12438996@N07/
(though I'm getting the YOU MUST UPGRADE error from this site, so let me know if you can't see them).

No putting up at all. My sons Max and Jake enjoyed hanging out with your son Eric. Also our family pet Shakespeare (10 years old) enjoyed bugging your puppy dog Duke as well.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Friday night was definitely the Blow-Out for me. The 101 hit pretty hard in the cocktail dept!

I think everyone definitely had a blow-out party in their own ways Friday. Ha! Ha! Ha!

My wife Roz recalls (what memory was left) said between trying Wild Turkey, 15 yr old Glen (Scotch) and that vodka cocktail concoction you made, she was a happy camper; remember we only drink wine and beery only - stopped drinking any hard liq for some time now. KO - took her 30 sec to sleep faster than i can zip up the tent. Lol.

And Crystal, we found her tent cot tip over while she was in it. Funny! The ladies: Roz, Jen, Crystal, Yette all took care of ea other; and everyone made it safe/sound to sleep.

All good!

Edited by RON CT110, 14 November 2011 - 10:55 PM.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Also want to thank Michael Beave for volunteering to be a SPOT contact; didn't have any emergencies but good to know another willing members to keep an eye on SPOT messages for trouble. Thanks!

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Also want to thank Michael Beave for volunteering to be a SPOT contact; didn't have any emergencies but good to know another willing members to keep an eye on SPOT messages for trouble. Thanks!

I forgot to post it, but I was using my SPOT device the whole trip. I can't exactly recall who my contacts are, but I know my hubby is one and it posts to my FB page.
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

And Crystal, we found her tent cot tip over while she was in it. Funny!

I honestly just spit a mouthful of pretzels!!!!!! That's hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
[/QUOTE]
And Crystal, we found her tent cot tip over while she was in it. Funny! The ladies: Roz, Jen, Crystal, Yette all took care of ea other; and everyone made it safe/sound to sleep.

All good![/QUOTE]

yeah...don't remember...ROFL!! Damn rum and coke...
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS Hard Top
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
Sounds like the SuttleShuttle at death valley!
Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

disco97

disco97

NCLR047

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Yeah, That Crystal knows how to party! Even in her sleep!

Josh Fischer
97 D1 5 spd.

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
I have pics posted on my Facebook page. You can find me via email: crystalmnelson@gmail.com
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS Hard Top
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Update: date/time has been set for Tuesday March 15 4pm at Mexxis. Paul and Helen are coming down from Santa Cruz to Mexxis before they head-off to San Diego.

_ _ _

Anyone interested in Meeting Paul/Helen From Going Global @ Mexxis either this week?

Early dinner - what do you guys/gals think?

http://www.goingoverland.com/

Thinking Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday depending on their schedule.

Let me know if interested and which days will work for you.

Truly enjoyed talking to them; watching their travel slideshows and asking questions from roof top tent sleeping, vehicle replairs, shipping...

I cleared with it Enrique and he is game to welcome Paul and Helen @ Mexxis.

Post up; thanks!

Edited by RON CT110, 14 March 2011 - 12:02 PM.

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Any of those evenings would work for us Ron. Glad to hear they are still in town.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Looking forward to meeting them and hearing their stories

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

Jantiz

Jantiz

Luis (NCLR079)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
Any of those nights except Tuesday.
"Sharky" / "Darth Vader"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Luis

'07 LR3 SE / '06 LR3 HSE

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I think I can tues/wed
Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
According to Paul and Helen, they need to be leaving by Wednesday to be in San Diego by this Friday...

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Count me in.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
I'm in. Sure is nice living only minutes from Mexxis!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

According to Paul and Helen, they need to be leaving by Wednesday to be in San Diego by this Friday...

Yupp. Since Paul and Helen would like to be in San Diego by Friday, the date/time selected for meet/greet @ Mexxis is tomorrow 4pm for early dinner/talk about their adventure.

Good to hear Kevin, Luis, Michael, Colin and Dave can make it.

Anyone else? I know folks will appreciate their story e.g. dropping everything, selling their house... to do this adventure. Beautify 110 w/300 TDI all decked out with roof top tent. Living our dreams (atleast mine)

Also I spoke to Enrique (as always good to hear Enrique and Carlos are welcoming even at last min); Mexxis welcomes Paul and Helen tomorrow for dinner.

I asked Paul what else does he needs e.g. LR parts. Couple items they need before venturing to Mexico and beyond (since these parts would be harder to source-out there). Let's see if we can help find these parts; anyone with the following spares:

- Half Shafts for Defender Salsbury Axle w/disk brake.
- Matching drive flanges

The rear half shafts outer and flange teeth are showing wear; Paul is concern about this, and would like to replacement them before entering to Mexico and continuing on rest of their adventure in S. American/beyond.

Their vehicle is a 1994 Defender 110 w/salsbury rear axle; 300 TDI motor. Paul verified with me that the rear are disk brake setups which is correct according to my 1990 to 1995 Defender 110 Workshop Manual.

With this said, the parts he will need are:
- FTC1725 left side rear axle shaft
- FTC1724 right side rear axle shaft
- FTC859 drive flanges (2x)

Anyone with these spares?

- Understand they have a couple of options:

1) Order stock parts. Rovers North carries (I called to confirm) axle shafts and flanges above; shipped via UPS will cost about $936. That's expensive.

2) Order the parts from the UK which is less expensive, but shipping cost might just welll be the same as buying here, and most importantly timing of shipping might not be idea.

3) Someone on LRRF sugggested welding the flange unto the half shaft; just need to find a qualified welder to do this type of job.

I offered my spare 24 spline stock axles from my RRC, but most likely not compatible. Someone in LRRF said that the Sals axle shafts have bigger diameter.

Anyone else have any idea?

Anyways, setting aside the parts needed, Paul and Helen are looking forward to meeting all of us tomorrow at Mexxis.

C yah!

Edited by RON CT110, 14 March 2011 - 09:31 PM.

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Any idea how long they will stay at Mexxi's? Lucinda and the girls might drive out after Girl Scouts but wouldn't get there til 6 or so.

ps. If anyone wants Girl Scout cookies this is the last week they are for sale. PM by tonight me if you want some :-)

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users