Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Look what the overlanding gods brought me

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 873 posts

Hopefully, Collin will give mine back ....

Graeme

I am pulling it out probably Wednesday or Thursday. whenever my new gbr shafts F+R come in.

Thanks Again Graeme

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Working on a compilation but here's a bumper cam shot of a fun section.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Here's the first vid hope to get the other done later today.What a great time.

http://youtu.be/AP4MnyKdwX0?hd=1

Nice!

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Hopefully, Collin will give mine back ....

Graeme

Not if he breaks that as well.

Lutz I love the video. Great pick on the song. And the wide angle came out really cool.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuN94skMO4A&feature=youtu.be

It's funny. This time you can actually see the ground!

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3
We got home ok too, except once we started going down the mountain the LR3 shook like crazy over 40mph. I noticed the front right wheel weight was missing from the bead popping off on the trail. We got to A tire shop in Clovis finally. They looked at it and found a gallon of water in the tire. I thought that was pretty funny and a relief. Any way $20 bucks later we were on our way again this time cruising at 70+. I just wanted to thank everyone who help me out and made this a fun trip!!

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
As stated previously and in person, great trip, Brenton. Thanks for all the work and the leadership. We had a little of everything and then some.

30 minutes before I got home I crossed some railroad tracks and heard a clanking sound. Pulled over to find my rear sway bar dragging on the ground. The welds broke, but it was still attached via the bolts. Was unable to remove the nuts/bolts with my lack of strength (they were pretty stuck) but was lucky enough to be within 200 yards of a service station. Pulled in and 15 minutes and $10 later, i was back on the road. Also found that my driver's side axle stop is broken. Not too shabby given the punishment, especially the high-speed descent in the dark.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
a couple of pics...

Attached Files

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
The full length video finally finished processing on YouTube. It's about 35 min long with a lot of 1080p footage off the iPhone 4S. Enjoy!

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Your video has made it to the NCLR Facebook page! And Front page NCLR website. Social Media, here we go!

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
It sounds like you guys had a great time. I missed this trip this year. Next year for sure.

I will watch the video later when i get home and get my popcorn ready. :-)

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

"Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt”
John Muir

NomaD110

NomaD110

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Dude...I almost had a heart attack watching at about 11 min in. He came so close to a flip!!! Awesome trip so so so so so bummed I missed it.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Dude...I almost had a heart attack watching at about 11 min in. He came so close to a flip!!! Awesome trip so so so so so bummed I missed it.

And the funny part was Chuck trying to stop Mike from flipping over with his Camel Trophy by his hands. Yeah..... Right!!!! I hope you don't do that again Chuck! Good reflexes though.! LOL

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

It sounds like you guys had a great time. I missed this trip this year. Next year for sure.

I will watch the video later when i get home and get my popcorn ready. :-)

You didn't miss out Antonio. Your RRC was there on your behalf at 7:19

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Wow! Tippy! So glad to see that the Camel Trophy didn't gain anymore 'character' on the trip.

I must say that the LR3s in stock form took that pretty well. There is something to be said for all the electronics, traction control and extra lift from air suspension they have incorporated, even though many see it is as a crutch. Pretty impressive...

Maybe next year we will join in the festivities...
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Wow! .....
I must say that the LR3s in stock form took that pretty well. There is something to be said for all the electronics, traction control and extra lift from air suspension they have incorporated......

Yes, but wait till the electronics fail on you when you really need it. 3 amigos ring a bell.... or chime ? WARNING WARNING !!! Your tire is slipping and I can't help you ABORT ABORT!!! (sirens blaring)

NomaD110

NomaD110

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

And the funny part was Chuck trying to stop Mike from flipping over with his Camel Trophy by his hands. Yeah..... Right!!!! I hope you don't do that again Chuck! Good reflexes though.! LOL

We love these trucks so much we are willing to lose life and limb in order to hope to save one even if it's not ours.

"Quick, pick up that 3 ton Defender before it falls over!"

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR

We love these trucks so much we are willing to lose life and limb in order to hope to save one even if it's not ours.

"Quick, pick up that 3 ton Defender before it falls over!"

Pretty stupid split second for me -- I got smart fast...

It was amazing to me watching the vehicles go up it and then back down. Based on the type -- each had challenges. The biggest issue was long wheel base with no lockers. We really should have had the Camel winched -- not yanked -- then the excitement would not have been has fun though...
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Ohhh pleeeze. He was safe and sound. I was just testing his "seal-like water tightness". Elliot would know more about that than me.

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuN94skMO4A&feature=youtu.be

Hey this is the very section we worked on a few years ago when Ron, Jim, Leigh and I volunteered to do Bald Mtn cleanup. We helped install those metal barriers on the left.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users