Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Happens in Vegas - Stays in Vegas? Lol.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
Chuck - Elk Grove will take the lead on item #2 with myself, Rob and Ted.

Edited by MichaelBeaver, 05 February 2012 - 09:37 AM.

Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Dbregman

Dbregman

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Okay - I know this will come as a surprise to many here, but there is a *good* chance we will be attending this one. When Kevin first sent me the dates I thought it was not the kids spring break, but alas it is. So I we are looking to see if it will work our. If so it will be me, Tricia, Wallis (8) and Sam (5). Stay tuned...
David
NCLR #6 Former BOD & Founding Member
K6DWB
2005 LR3 - Nitto Terra Grapplers, ARB Bumper with Winch, Hannibal Roof Rack with Awning, GlobalStar Sat Phone, PLB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
It's partly your fault we're into this "hobby" so it would be good to hit the trail with you again sir!

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
OMFG, there's a voice from the past! It'd be great to wheel with you again David. I was at Enrique's yesterday and we talked about you and how I haven't been on a trip with you since the Oregon Trail trip, when we all spent the night in Dismal Swamp. Sure hope you can make this one, been too long...

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
OK. Those who are going... PM me the following info:

Full Name of you and your passengers
Emergency Contact info (with email and phone)
Any allergies, by person, that would require epi-pen or other special medical attention
HAM Call sign (if you have it... if not... you still have PLENTY of time to get it before!)
Medical Cert (e.g. First Aid/CPR/MD...)
SPOT: If you have a SPOT device, which kind and account features (e.g. follow my tracks, etc...)

I will start compiling our emergency contact info for the trip leaders....
Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

Dbregman

Dbregman

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
We are officially in!!! We may have to drop out on Wednesday at Furnace Creek. But we will see. Looking forward to it!
David
K6DWB
2005 LR3 - Nitto Terra Grapplers, ARB Bumper with Winch, Hannibal Roof Rack with Awning, GlobalStar Sat Phone, PLB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW

We are officially in!!! We may have to drop out on Wednesday at Furnace Creek. But we will see. Looking forward to it!

welcome to the club, david. we always like to welcome new members. take a moment to introduce yourself. :-p

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Rofl

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Hi chuck,

Are there still spots available? I will like to join on this trip. If so, I will be driviving my p38.

Let me know so that I can start making plans. I just need to confirm with my girl and request vacation.

Thanks

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

"Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt”
John Muir

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • KI6WSR
Make your plans Antonio. We always have a couple last minute dropouts -- so there will be space.
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Cool, I will start planning. I am going to read through the tread and see what the plans are.

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

John Muir

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

Cool, I will start planning. I am going to read through the tread and see what the plans are.

Woohoo!! Another P38!

I am really excited... I just picked up a genuine winch tray and Warn XD9000 winch! The winch is 3 years old, but in great condition. I can't wait to get it mounted on my truck.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Nice find Ted. I also just picked up a safety devise roof rack for the p38.

I am also looking to get an ARB fride. If anyone knows a good site to buy one from let me know or know someone selling one let me know.

I being wanting to make it to this trip for years. This is the year.

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

John Muir

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Sweet!! You will love the rack. Very hard to find these days.

I actually got my ARB 50 quart fridge from Toyota Houston for (I think) $750 shipped. That was the best deal 2+ years ago and it might still stand today. Chuck just got an ARB fridge as well, so you may want to PM him to see where he got his. I highly recommend the ARB tie-downs for $25. They attach to the carrying handles and will secure it nicely. I built a storage unit and slider for the back of the P38 which works nicely. Here are some pics BEFORE I put in the ARB tie-downs: http://nclrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?1273-Range-Rover-storage-and-slider-for-fridge

Having a fridge is the single best upgrade for extended camping. No more soggy food or worrying about spoiled meat/dairy. You will love it.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

Dbregman

Dbregman

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
You can also talk to Kevin Suttle (ksuttle) he got a non-ARB fridge at a really good price.

David
David
K6DWB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
The EdgeStar has been good for us, however I think the ARB is better insulated and has more internal space per external size.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Kevin,

Which size did you get? Did you get the 43 or 63 qt? I am considering the 43, I think that should have enough room for food for two people for a week. I think the price on this fridges is reasonable. I can get a 43qt fridge and the protection bag and 3yr warranty for about 600 bucks. I really leaning toward this fridge the reviews are mix but I will take my chances with a 3yr warranty. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack this tread.

Chuck,

I am looking at the itinerary and the places we are going to be visiting look great. I am looking forward to this trip. I have always being wanting to go to those areas but I have always gone to DV by myself or just didn’t have enough time to make it to those areas.

This is a short description of the P38 upgrades. It has heavy duty bumper, 12K winch, rock sliders, roof rack, CB Radio, 32” Good Year Silent Armor tires, some other misc upgrades.

Here is a question, I have a M101 military trailer which I have set up for this type of trips. I carry all my gear and roof top tent on it. I know this trailer can go to places my P38 won’t even go. Is all stock, meaning military grade equipment. It has 37in tires with 8ply tires about 15in of clearance. Will it be a problem if I bring it a long? You are the trip leader and I will respect your decision, I just thought I will mention it instead of just showing up with it.

Side Note: My girlfriend will be coming along also. There will be two of us.

Thanks
Antonio

Edited by Antonio, 14 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

John Muir

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
I want to officially sign up for this trip. Still not 100%, but I want to make it any way I can.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • KI6WSR

Sweet!! You will love the rack. Very hard to find these days.

I actually got my ARB 50 quart fridge from Toyota Houston for (I think) $750 shipped. That was the best deal 2+ years ago and it might still stand today. Chuck just got an ARB fridge as well, so you may want to PM him to see where he got his. I highly recommend the ARB tie-downs for $25. They attach to the carrying handles and will secure it nicely. I built a storage unit and slider for the back of the P38 which works nicely. Here are some pics BEFORE I put in the ARB tie-downs: http://nclrclub.org/forum/showthread.php?1273-Range-Rover-storage-and-slider-for-fridge

Having a fridge is the single best upgrade for extended camping. No more soggy food or worrying about spoiled meat/dairy. You will love it.

I got mine on amazon.com!
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • KI6WSR

Kevin,

Which size did you get? Did you get the 43 or 63 qt? I am considering the 43, I think that should have enough room for food for two people for a week. I think the price on this fridges is reasonable. I can get a 43qt fridge and the protection bag and 3yr warranty for about 600 bucks. I really leaning toward this fridge the reviews are mix but I will take my chances with a 3yr warranty. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack this tread.

Chuck,

I am looking at the itinerary and the places we are going to be visiting look great. I am looking forward to this trip. I have always being wanting to go to those areas but I have always gone to DV by myself or just didn’t have enough time to make it to those areas.

This is a short description of the P38 upgrades. It has heavy duty bumper, 12K winch, rock sliders, roof rack, CB Radio, 32” Good Year Silent Armor tires, some other misc upgrades.

Here is a question, I have a M101 military trailer which I have set up for this type of trips. I carry all my gear and roof top tent on it. I know this trailer can go to places my P38 won’t even go. Is all stock, meaning military grade equipment. It has 37in tires with 8ply tires about 15in of clearance. Will it be a problem if I bring it a long? You are the trip leader and I will respect your decision, I just thought I will mention it instead of just showing up with it.

Side Note: My girlfriend will be coming along also. There will be two of us.

Thanks
Antonio

Atonio;

Here is the question - I think you have been to Death Valley before -- could that trailer do Goler Wash and Mengel Pass? How about Lippencott Grade? We won't do Lippencott this trip, but I might expect some tight shelf roads in a few spots. But they are few and far between this trip...I think....
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users