Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Eagle Lakes/Fordyce Trail

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
There will be 5 Board of Director positions to be voted upon March 31st.

List of current directors who's terms are expiring:
Mike (Pres), Gary (Webmaster), Brian, Jim (Secretary) & Leigh.

Edited by PCRover, 31 January 2012 - 12:44 PM.

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
For all members, please nominate someone you think will help lead the NCLR into next year. The job of the membership is to nominate the BOD, the Board in turn seats the Officers. So, there are 5 spots. Please, let your voice be heard and lets get those seats filled!

I would like to nominate the following:

Gary as a director and / or webmaster. Gary is the person who has built, upgraded and maintained this website since we have moved off of the LRRForums servers. If you enjoy the website, buy Gary a pint and thank him. It is his hard work that keeps us on the web currently. I bet if others are interested in assisting and contributing, Gary would welcome assistance with content and maintaining.

Brian as a continued Director. Brian leads many trips, retells to all anxious listeners stories of the road, helps champion many causes within the club and is the editor of the newsletter (I think I owe you an article). Brian is an asset to the Board.

Jim as a director. Jim's talents as the current Secretary have made the club run smoother this last year. Jim has been instrumental in helping me handle business and his excitement for the club and club activities is as infectious as anything. Jim is an asset to this board.

I'd also like to nominate Michael Beaver for director, if he will accept. A newer member in the Sacramento area, Michael is always on the spot to help with wayward kids, trucks on the move, and merriment. I would like to extend the nomination to Michael and know I am going to find a lot of support for this nomination.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Jim, thread moved to Members only from BOD so that nominations can occur. Hope that is okay.

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
I second the nominations of Brian and Michael Beaver.

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
Not to throw a monkey wrench into things, but are you guys sure my term isn't expiring as well? I seem to remember not standing for re-election the last time, when the current slate was voted in.

I was also thinking about not standing for re-election this year. I'd rather put my club energies into trip planning & leading trips. I also think it is a good thing to have new blood moving into the board -- and not have the same old club at the top all the time. So if you guys think you've got some good energy from some new folks who would be active in the club -- I'm ready to pass the baton...
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Chuck, I know Jim will check on that and verify. You have been an incredible addition to the Board, but I understand your want for a change in focus. Thank you for standing up and being heard. I think your focus on trips, as the Death Valley at Easter is quickly becoming your signature event, will be of great benefit to the membership.

MichaelBeaver

MichaelBeaver

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
I will accept. Been a tad silent last few months due to the deterioration and death of Liz's grandmother... Back in the thick of things now though..

Edited by MichaelBeaver, 31 January 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Beaver (Twitter: @darthbeaver)

LR Street Cred:
2000 Discovery II - 3" TerraFirma Lift, AMV solenoid CDL, BajaRack Expedition Rack, Dual Battery
2010 Range Rover Sport
1990 RRC Trailer "Land Trailer"
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Dream. Explore. Discover." ~ Mark Twain

robg

robg

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I'd also like to nominate Michael Beaver for director, if he will accept. A newer member in the Sacramento area, Michael is always on the spot to help with wayward kids, trucks on the move, and merriment. I would like to extend the nomination to Michael and know I am going to find a lot of support for this nomination.

Great suggestion Mike with Michael and I heartly agree. With a stronger membership base growing in the greater Sacramento area the timing and choice could not be better for the club.
LUCAS - Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR
I agree, but only if he bakes cookies on the next Death Valley trip.
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
I agree that Michael will be an excellent addition to the Board.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Excellent to hear that you accepted Michael.

Anyone else? How about Jen? Or any new members to help give the perspectives as a new member?

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I talked with Mike at the MORG, and yeah, I'd love to work towards seeing more women behind the wheel! And be able to give a different perspective as a newer member (uhm, what's a locker? I know NOW, but a year ago, I did not...)
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
oh sure, it was me who talked you into it. So, Jim, let's talk about board members and Jen...

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
I would like to nominate Kevin Suttle to the BOD. I think he too, as well as the Beaver and Jen, would make an excellent director.

Edited by DiscoChef, 06 February 2012 - 12:10 AM.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

CNelson

CNelson

Crystal (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

...and yeah, I'd love to work towards seeing more women behind the wheel!

I agree with that!!
1997 Land Rover Defender 90 NAS Hard Top
Willow Green

2006 Chevrolet Equinox
Dark Amethyst Metallic

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

I talked with Mike at the MORG, and yeah, I'd love to work towards seeing more women behind the wheel! And be able to give a different perspective as a newer member (uhm, what's a locker? I know NOW, but a year ago, I did not...)

What does a place to store my gym clothes have to do with off-roading?

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Gary Young (Please respond if you accept your nomination) (Maybe not as a director, but only as webmaster depending on his response and available time?
Brian Hunt (Please respond if you accept your nomination)

Jim McCarthy
Michael Beaver
Jen Bauer
Kevin Suttle

This looks to be our current nomination list. We have 5 director spots to vote for and one to appoint. So, 5 two year terms and the 1 year completion of the appointment term.

Looking like a very diverse and talented bunch.

Edited by astateofmike, 06 February 2012 - 05:00 PM.

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Jim McCarthy (Please respond if you accept your nomination).

Mike,

I believe there needs to be a second for all nominations. Or are we implying that all current BOD are assumed to run again?

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Jim,

I believe Michael, Jen and Kevin have all accepted their nominations to run. Gary, Brian and you need to confirm your nominations. No "second" for nomination needs to occur in my opinion as we are only submitting names for a ballot which will then be sent to the members to vote. If we are appointing, then yes the BOD will need to meet, motion and second the appointment.

If everyone on the list above accepts the nomination, then a ballot we have.

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Put me down as a yes. We have another week or so before we make a ballot.

I'd like everyone to think about making it to the Meeting of the Members on March 31st. Our club elections will take place that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users