Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Eagle Lakes/Fordyce Trail

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I would like to nominate Kevin Suttle to the BOD. I think he too, as well as the Beaver and Jen, would make an excellent director.

Yes, Kevin!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
I would like to respectfully decline my nomination. I have served two terms on the BOD and have enjoyed it immensely. I fully support and second the current nominees: Jim, Michael, Jen, and Kevin. Best of luck to you all.
Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Gary Young (Please respond if you accept your nomination) (Maybe not as a director, but only as webmaster depending on his response and available time?

Current nominations for BOD:
Jim McCarthy
Michael Beaver
Jen Bauer
Kevin Suttle

Brian Hunt has declined and will not be seeking re election

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 873 posts
I would not mind helping administrating the website. I have become more familiar with Vbulletin recently as I switched my gaming clans website to Vbulletin. I Agree with Micheal and Kevin for nominations

Edited by ColinB, 06 February 2012 - 11:22 PM.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

There will be 5 Board of Director positions to be voted upon March 31st.

List of current directors who's terms are expiring:
Mike (Pres), Gary (Webmaster), Brian, Jim (Secretary) & Leigh.

I nominate Mike (Pres) for another term!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • NCLR 004
Gary Young (Please respond if you accept your nomination) (Maybe not as a director, but only as webmaster depending on his response and available time?

Current nominations for BOD:
Jim McCarthy
Michael Beaver
Jen Bauer
Kevin Suttle
Michael McClung

Brian Hunt has declined and will not be seeking re election

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

I nominate Mike (Pres) for another term!

Second!

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Are the roles & responsibilities of the BOD posted up anywhere?

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • NCLR 004
Kevin,

I have just read the NCLR By Laws and although it spells out the duties of the Officers and terms for directors and Officers, it really does not describe the position. I will take a stab at it for you. Will, Past President of the NCLR during the formative years may chime in here as well and it is from my understanding of his vision that I explain to you.

The Board of Directors is the "voice" of the membership. The 11 members of the board meet to provide direction for the club. These 11 decide where the club is headed, what the club wishes to accomplish and what changes need to be made. Once the Directors have come to a conclusion, they present this information to the Officers of the club who take actions needed to achieve the Director's vision.

So, I guess the Directors provide the vision and direction for the Officers to enact. Does that help?

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Kevin,

I have just read the NCLR By Laws and although it spells out the duties of the Officers and terms for directors and Officers, it really does not describe the position. I will take a stab at it for you. Will, Past President of the NCLR during the formative years may chime in here as well and it is from my understanding of his vision that I explain to you.

The Board of Directors is the "voice" of the membership. The 11 members of the board meet to provide direction for the club. These 11 decide where the club is headed, what the club wishes to accomplish and what changes need to be made. Once the Directors have come to a conclusion, they present this information to the Officers of the club who take actions needed to achieve the Director's vision.

So, I guess the Directors provide the vision and direction for the Officers to enact. Does that help?

in a nut shell, Mike is correct. Point here is the Board of Directors work for the General Membership and are voted by such. The Officers work for the BOD and are voted by such.

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

PCRover

PCRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
I will accept the nomination for any position I can help with, be it on the BOD or simply as the Webmaster and Tech dude. (the last is sort of a given since my company hosts the website).
Gary

NCLR002
'94 D90

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Members,

Here is your official club ballot for the 5 board of directors positions for 2012. Please indicate your 5 selections.
Ballots will be counted and reported during the BOD meeting March 31 at the MOM at Mexxi's restaurant in San Ramon.

There are 2 ways to vote:
1. Make your selections from the attached ballot and email to secretary@nclrclub.org. Deadline for email ballots is 10 am 3/31.
2. Show up to the MOM and cast your ballot.

I'm hoping everyone takes part of this year's election.

Attached Files

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
tech challenged, do i need to print pdf, vote, scan ballot then email scan?

Edited by MrVideo, 15 March 2012 - 09:13 AM.

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

tech challenged, do i need to print pdf, vote, scan ballot then email scan?

If you have a later version of Abobe Reader, you can add text with the get documents signed function under the File tab. Once signature sidebar is opened, click on add signature and click on the portion of the document you want to add your text. Save the document as another name and you can then email it to secretary@nclrclub.org

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Oh so I found what I was looking for.....

If I wasn't so busy with side work I wouldn't mind being on the board. But I have so much to learn yet. I still don't understand the "job' of the director. Can we explain on this? What do I expect from someone who is on the board of elections?

Mike explained it all in another thread....

Edited by Pedram, 15 March 2012 - 04:21 PM.
Mike explained it all in another thread....

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • NCLR 004

in a nut shell, Mike is correct. Point here is the Board of Directors work for the General Membership and are voted by such. The Officers work for the BOD and are voted by such.

See Post 29 and 30 above. But really that is the "idea" of the BOD, the reality is so much more about your commitment and support!

Desertcrawler

Desertcrawler

Chuck (NCLR025)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • KI6WSR

Members,

Here is your official club ballot for the 5 board of directors positions for 2012. Please indicate your 5 selections.
Ballots will be counted and reported during the BOD meeting March 31 at the MOM at Mexxi's restaurant in San Ramon.

There are 2 ways to vote:
1. Make your selections from the attached ballot and email to secretary@nclrclub.org. Deadline for email ballots is 10 am 3/31.
2. Show up to the MOM and cast your ballot.

I'm hoping everyone takes part of this year's election.

This is SOO hard. I can't figure out one person I wouldn't like to see on the Board...l
Chuck (KI6WSR)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3" RTE Lift,Bilstein Shocks, GBR 4:11s gears, Rovertym bumpers front & rear, 2 IPF HID lights , rear work lights, custom sliders, diff guards, gas tank protector. Warn 9600 winch, synthetic rope, 285/75/16 tyres, Brownchurch rack, CDL Linkage, Heavy duty drive shafts, ARB air lockers, heavy duty rear axles & front CV joints from GBR. Ham & CB radio

MrVideo

MrVideo

Banned

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
Once again, the deadline for emailing your vote is Saturday at 10 AM. Send it to: Secretary@nclrclub.org. Registration will begin on site at 10. When you check in, you will receive a very nice NCLR Club canvas shopping bag with your ballot and other goodies inside. There will be a ballot box at the NCLR Club booth. There is only 1 ballot per membership. On site voting ends at 1 PM. Only current members in good standing are allowed to vote.

Attached Files

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
Doh just renewed this afternoon.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I am still looking to do a trip in July. Thinking July 8-10th. The Eagle Lakes/Fordyce Trail off of Interstate 80 and also Signal Peak Trail. Is anyone still up for this. I haven't been able to get up there to pre run but I guess that is what makes it more exciting. Who is in. If so i will put it together. ASAP
JOSH
2000 DII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users