Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Eagle Lakes/Fordyce Trail

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
I am up for it; was suppose to be in Asia in July but plans changed and ended up going earlier; now I am in town.

This trip is just around the corner; let me know if you need helping planning. Look forward to it! How much snow is still up there today?

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
I am down for that

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I'm in.

Offhand, do you know what the max elevation we'll reach will be (Google says Eagle Lake is about 5100)?
I blew my eardrum out last week and can't go above 8000 for 5 weeks :(

Edited by Jen, 22 June 2011 - 02:20 PM.
added question

Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Jen I think that sounds right.

We will meet at Starbucks in Colfax off of exit #135/Colfax (CA-174 W)/Grass Valley at 1700 hrs thats 5:00pm then it is about 40min or so past that. It will be a BYOB and food, bring all camping supplies and accessories and what ever you need to do some good wheeling. There is no running water or power. Only 1 ground toilet if we choose to stay at that spot otherwise bring a shovel. Let me know who is interested or just show up. If you can't make the meeting you can head up to the spot and come in or someone can come out to lead you back in. The exit is Eagle Lakes Rd get off of the freeway make a Left go a mile or so and on the Right side is the enterence. Across the street is a campground. Let me know who is interested.
JOSH
2000 DII

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
What are the vehicle requirements for this trip? The NCLR brochure lists Fordyce as "highly modified" vehicle. How about Eagle Lakes and Signal Peak??
Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
It isn't the full Fordyce trail but I guess the trail that I am talking about is the Eagle lakes trail down to the river, the Signal Peak is the full trail to the top and I haven't been down the back side, so I couldn't tell you. The trails that I have planed are good for a stock 2006 LR3 with good spotting in some placed if you have anything better than that you are good. The trail is an awsome trail that will be a good moderate trail. I have been down the actual Fordyce trail until the major rock steps thats when I stopped and turned around. I usually go with my friend who has a D2 G4 Edition and he does fine. But I would still bring anything and everything you need for vehicle recovery.
JOSH
2000 DII

HMBRover

HMBRover

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
Thanks, Josh. I was really looking for information for the NCLR newsletter coming out soon. I included this trip so hopefully you will get some action from it. I'd consider it but we will be out of the country in that time frame.
Brian
2004 Discovery II G4 Edition, "Jack" or "General Lee" or "The General"
KØDTJ
Avatar photo by Ron B; Oregon Discovery Trail 2008
NCLR019

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate
Might be in for this - figuring out plans right now, but we were thinking more along the lines of Black Rock or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users