Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARB Bumper for LR4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket bumper like an ARB available for the LR4? I can't seem to find anything?

Thanks,

Nigel
'96 Disco SE White

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
uh ohhh. related to the carnage post on Sig Hill??

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
What didn't look too bad...

[ATTACH]3597[/ATTACH]

turned out to be a lot worse

[ATTACH]3598[/ATTACH]
'96 Disco SE White

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Ewww. Saw it in person today. Impressive...

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Thats like a bad bar fight. Your supposed to say you should have seen the other guy! Did it hit the radiator or just stop at the front brace there. Is that brace a bolt on part or welded on? I can't believe you didn't even hit the actual bumper portion. Was anything else banged up bad?
JOSH
2000 DII

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
Impact pushed the rad and condenser assembly back about 1/2", no leaks though. Unfortunately cross brace looks to be welded... will dig deeper over the next couple of days. The ARB bumper looks to be a no go for the LR4 at this time.
'96 Disco SE White

DPittl

DPittl

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ouch, that looks pretty extensive. How did that happen?

Great looking rig by the way, hope you get it fixed!!!! Maybe ARB is willing to use you as a donor truck and fabricate up a bumper for you ;) Worth giving them a call or any of the other bumper fabricators out there Tactical Rovers, Safarigard, Rovertyme, etc...

Good luck with the search.

Cheers,

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
If you're interested in the "custom" route, I talked to these guys in the past and they're pretty dudes. They are more than capable of a "one-off". Clean work. Grass Valley.

http://www.4x4labs.com/

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco

If you're interested in the "custom" route, I talked to these guys in the past and they're pretty dudes. They are more than capable of a "one-off". Clean work. Grass Valley.

http://www.4x4labs.com/

Thanks for the info! I'm a little to paranoid to go that route... I don't do well as a guinea pig. As it stands I may just install a new OE bumper, I don't want the LR4 out of commission for too long.
'96 Disco SE White

KSuttle

KSuttle

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Why won't the ARB fit? Are there too many differences between LR3 & LR4 front end?

I still have the original bumper from Lucinda's LR3. Not sure if that could be painted and used to give your 4 a "unique" look :-) ?

Kevin Suttle
KJ6IBK

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"His" - 2005 LR3 aka "The StormTrooper" - Coil Suspension, Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18's, RS Stage 1 Sliders, Safari Snorkel, Hannibal Roof Rack
"Hers" - 2007 LR3 SE7 aka "The Adventurer" - BFG 265/65R18's, RS Stage 3 Sliders, ARB Deluxe Winch Bull Bar, BajaRack RTT Roof Rack

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
Thanks for the offer Kevin! At this time I have now decided to be the guinea pig... bumper is ordered (not ARB). Will update post as soon as I complete the project!
'96 Disco SE White

DPittl

DPittl

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I remember reading a thread where a guy in UK swapped out the front fenders and headlights etc. on his LR3 and converted to the updated LR4 front look. I don't remember any issues or comments on the bumpers being different. I would assume they are the same since the frame, chassis should be the same with the LR3/4. Ask an ARB rep for info...

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco

I remember reading a thread where a guy in UK swapped out the front fenders and headlights etc. on his LR3 and converted to the updated LR4 front look. I don't remember any issues or comments on the bumpers being different. I would assume they are the same since the frame, chassis should be the same with the LR3/4. Ask an ARB rep for info...

The front clip and headlights on the LR3 are flat across the bottom. The LR4 headlights are about 1" higher than the grill clip, that will be the bulk of the customizing/modification (may need to modify a couple brackets too). There may be a couple other things but actual connection to the frame is identical.
'96 Disco SE White

DPittl

DPittl

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, what I meant was that I doubt the connection points to the frame are different. Good luck with the build! Looking forward to seeing your new upgraded bumper. That's definitely on my to-do list as well. My current bumper is not cutting it.

JFlores

JFlores

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Hey Nigel, glad to see you got a direction to go in. Good luck with everything, let me know if you need anything.
JOSH
2000 DII

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
Well fabricated bumper route fell apart. Back to an OE bumper with a future plan of installing a hidden winch.
'96 Disco SE White

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users