Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Range Rover L322/MKIII, LR3 or RRS?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW
too funny

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi Enrique...I would be totally interested in hearing more about the LR3 your brother may have for sale...I'll send you a PM...
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

'12 LR4 White - Stock - For the Wife
'05 LR3 Silver - sliders, front bumper, winch, lights, rack, 32" tires, lift with spring conversion, onboard air and CB

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Well PM didn't work...so I'll just post here...

I would be totally interested in checking out the LR3 if it becomes for sale...especially like that it has the HD pacakage. Can you have your brother shoot me an email or give me a call when he is ready? What location is he in? I'm in Aptos, CA. My email is rgatto@mac.com.
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

'05 LR3 Silver - sliders, front bumper, winch, lights, rack, 32" tires, lift with spring conversion, onboard air and CB

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
He is in the East Bay as well.

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
RonG, Just cleaned up my inbox and will convey your messg. to my brother.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Put me in line for your brother's LR3 after RonG.

We are looking to purchase an LR3 in the August-September time frame when I start my new job. It is really hard to find an HD package...
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Awesome...I'm going to go test drive each of the options this weekend or early next week at the local dealership...but I think I'm might be set on the LR3...look forward to hearing from your brother...
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

NomaD110

NomaD110

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Can the rear diff be retrofitted?

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Yes. Lot's of part chasing and loads of time + the ability to activate the ECU's will be required.

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
After driving some options...I think I'm there...set on the LR3...I think it meets my needs best overall...budget/aftermarket mods/utility/etc...thanks again everyone for the input!
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

From what I have read, it would be very difficult to be retrofitted, even if you could find it. The whole traction control system is integrated with the differential so you would need to change the diff, exles, computers and wiring. It would probably cost a fortune, so your best option is to just find a vehicle with it from the factory. With the way things are so integrated now, there is no aftermarket option available either.

Edited by Teds, 04 March 2012 - 07:13 AM.

2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
So, here is a pdf of a guy who actually fit the EDiff to his LR3 and the write-up includes parts required and pics. The main issue if fitting the electronics and getting it itegrated into the vehicle, but it can be done.

http://www.disco3clu...iff Fitment.pdf

Gotrovr

Gotrovr

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
LR3 with locking rear diff is tough to beat....

Ron you need to swing by my place in Aptos and check out my 3 Rovers

Will

'05 LR3 HSE "Donkey"

'16 LR4 HSE  "Perseus"

Building a life journey one puzzle piece at a time

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Yeah I'm set on the LR3...I like the other ones a lot when I test drove, but when I took everything into account (budget, aftermarket support, versitility) I keep coming back to the LR3. I sold my car and now I'm on the hunt for the perfect one...
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Alright...LR3 it is...found a buyer for my old car and found a modified LR3 from a club member...totally stoked and can't wait to take it on the trails. Here is a pic and mods include sliders, bumper, winch, lights, rack, 32" tires, lift with spring conversion, onboard air and CB. Again totally stoked!

[ATTACH]3841[/ATTACH]
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

RonG

RonG

NCLR Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Oh yeah...and thanks again everyone for the help!
Ron Gatto
Aptos, CA

johnR

johnR

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Nice rig! Can't wait to see it on the trails soon.

NigelCowan

NigelCowan

Nigel (NCLR168)

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • 1996 Disco
Way to go Ron. Nice looking rig... you'll have lot's of fun with it I'm sure.
'96 Disco SE White

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Nice! Congrats on the new rig RonG!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

JPerkins

JPerkins

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Alright...LR3 it is...found a buyer for my old car and found a modified LR3 from a club member...totally stoked and can't wait to take it on the trails. Here is a pic and mods include sliders, bumper, winch, lights, rack, 32" tires, lift with spring conversion, onboard air and CB. Again totally stoked!

[ATTACH]3841[/ATTACH]

If I understand correctly, the LR3 no longer has the air suspension and was switch to coils and those coils added enough lift to fit 32s?
2008 LR3 HSE w/LUX, Cold Climate, and HD (aka rear locker) Packages

Additions: ARB front bumper, Warn 9.5 XP w/synthetic rope, Rover Specialties Sliders, Traxide Dual Battery isolator w/marine link switch & dual rear outlets, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZs, Bajarack LR3 Standard Rack, IPF 960s w/factory driving light switch, GVIF w/front & rear cameras, G4 Ladder, Rear swing out tire carrier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users