Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Tires for LR4 (stock 19" wheels)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hey everyone,

I finally got some new tires for my 2011 LR4. Cooper just started making the Zeon LTZs for the stock 19" wheels in the 255/55/R19 tire size. I thought about switching to the 18" wheels from the UK (Compomotive) to expand my tire options, but right now decided to just get the Coopers since I heard and read great things. Previously, the only off-road tire for the LR4 with 19" wheels were the Pirelli Scorption ATRs.

So far I love them and can't wait to try them out at the May MORG.

Here are a few pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Sweet. Looks night and day difference with those new tires vs stock. Very nice.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Sweet. Looks night and day difference with those new tires vs stock. Very nice.

Thanks, Ron!

Yes, they are definitely much nicer (and hopefully more functional) than the stock Contis. I am just happy that Cooper started making the tire in the 255/55/R19 size as I decide if I am going to go with the 18" wheels. For now, these should be all the off-road tire that I need. I can't wait to try them out at the May MORG.

Are you going?

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate
Looking good David, can't wait to see the mods you've made since the last time.

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4
Hi David,

I am thinking of buying the cooper tires as well. Can you let me know if the cooper tire fits in the spare tire compartment underneath the car? Also, I am looking at getting a roof rack and was wondering what is a better option (BajaRack or Voyager) any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,

Michal

HAM KK6VIL / 2011 LR4 HSE - BFGs 265/65R18, LR3 wheels with 30mm spacers, terrafirma hidden winch mount with superwinch 9.5 SR, IIDTool, baja roof rack with ladder, TR rock sliders, TR gas tank and transfer case skid plates, rigid industries D2 driving lamps, OEM front A bar, Kaymar rear bumper (double swing), Long Range Automotive aux fuel tank, Green Oval lift and air suspension override etc. etc. etc.....

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Hi David,

I am thinking of buying the cooper tires as well. Can you let me know if the cooper tire fits in the spare tire compartment underneath the car? Also, I am looking at getting a roof rack and was wondering what is a better option (BajaRack or Voyager) any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,

Michal

Hello Michal,

I am so sorry to have missed this post - my apologies! Please feel free to e-mail me for a quicker response at: davidangusw@gmail.com

Yes, the 19" (255/55/R19) Cooper Zeon LTZ tires do fit in the spare tire compartment under the car. I have a full-sized spare there right now. The only drawback is that it's a chunky tire and having it there decreases ground clearance!

I am going to consider sticking my spare tire on the roof (for now) in the new LR4 or later get a spare tire carrier for the rear bunmper - also a new rear bumper.

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users