Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Land Rover Garage Day, Wrenching, Gear Talk and BBQ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate
Sounds like I can make it now. Just have to decide which one I want to actually work on...

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
My dad is planning on being there so bring which one you want to sell as he might be interested :)

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I'm bummed out - I won't be able to make it tomorrow. Hopefully next time I can join you guys and fix my ladder.

Take some photos of all the rovers getting wrenched!

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
I know this is last minute but does anyone have the crimping device and ends to make your own Ethernet cable that they can bring today?

I have some super long pieces and need them shorter and or repaired. Thanks!
Chris

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

I know this is last minute but does anyone have the crimping device and ends to make your own Ethernet cable that they can bring today?

I have some super long pieces and need them shorter and or repaired. Thanks!
Chris

RAANNNNNNDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM. I hear ya, but that was funny.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

No, but I have 2 cases of Pacificos; hope you have a bottle opener? Lol.

And Mike, trade you some Pacifico(s) for a "AstateofMike DII roller guide"!

Anyone want some steamed corn and lobsters (share the cost); I can bring my steamer pot and planning to stop-by a seafood local market; pick-up fresh corn and perhaps lobster if the price is good; last (pics) time I scored on $10 per 1.5 lbs lobster. Tasty w/butter and cold Pacifico.

I will be there by noon.

Edited by RON CT110, 23 June 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Hey guys. Leaving Peninsula now, looking forward to seeing/meeting folks. And those pencil beams.... Ugh oh... Will they be there too?? Mmmmm

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qnabzq

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Lobster & Pacificos sure would've been NICE!! Sorry i missed it, got done by 7PM and thought it was too late...i'm sure you guys had plenty of fun.

Ron, I'll take your POR and B, I commited to Ron first, but i just might pull the trigger and get your too. I'll ask Carlos if he needs any.

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
We missed you Enrique; next time!

Thanks Chris for hosting the event. We appreciate it. John got the front/rear brakes done on his DII, Jen swaped out the donut spare for a full size 32 and other things to do on her LR3. Brenton did some engine maintenance and battery wiring.... And Mike & Tom were great help!

Great productive LR social day! Here are random photos:

Edited by RON CT110, 24 June 2012 - 07:59 PM.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
A big thank you to Chris for hosting and to all who lent a hand helping me (or a foot, as it took 4 of us to get that full size spare wedged in there!). Fun and productive, great day.
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
...more photos

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Ron, thanks for organizing (and holding off until I got back) and a Big thanks to Chris and Roxsun for hosting us. The Pacifico to Project ratio was perfect as was the steak! (Jen, if you provided steak just to get the deflated tire in the well, I can only guess what it would cost to get it out and re-inflated on the side of the road or trail... Thanks again, it was great)

Fun to hang out and lend a hand (or foot) where needed. Fun to see folks again that I have met and meet other "forum folks" in person.

Thanks again,
Tom

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Looks like you guys/gals had a great time! I wish I was able to join everyone! :( Ah well, next time!
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate
Which I could have made it! Hopefully the next one...

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hey Nick,

Hopefully we can persuade Tom to have a wrenching day at his place in the peninsula. ;-)

I sent you a link to the chicken coop flooring you recommended - looks awesome! I also ordered a few more accessories for my roof top! ;-)

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

johnR

johnR

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Was a great day. Thanks Chris for hosting and everyone for their help. Was a blast.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Was a great day. Thanks Chris for hosting and everyone for their help. Was a blast.

Hey John, how did the sensor work out?

Tom

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

@TomOwen

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
That front cover plate fell off again yesterday. I found it hanging by one fastener. I think I should take this as a sign that the Rover is asking for an ARB bumper. ;)
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Sorry to hear Jen. When I was driving home I noticed the "Service Engine" light came on... (behind the line of sight of the sterring wheel)... Thought! Ugh, Disco was bummed he didn't get any attention and now this... Turns out it comes on at 52k and 105k... I just turned 105k so apparently not alerting of a problem, just an emissions inspection...

Anyone know what to look for or, better yet, how to reset on on a D1?? (Something about Red box behind passenger kick panel?) Input welcome...

Thanks again for a fun afternoon,

Tom

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

@TomOwen

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
It is not a red box, but a red relay I think. The SWB 1988 has it behind the dash, but the 1995 (which is for all purpose a Disco 1) has it under the passenger side seat. I think I found mine from the rear seat. Then, IIRC, you put a paperclip into the hole and it resets. Been a while, but I think that was it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users