Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Vote for me in the Expedition Portal Video Contest

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
2013 NCLR Meeting of the Members - Saturday, April 13th

Please save the date for this year's Meeting of the Members. The date is set for Saturday, April 13th at Mexxi's (9110 Alcosta Blvd., San Ramon, CA 94583).

The Meeting of the Members is our second largest gathering of members. It is setup for new and existing members to meet each other, and elect Directors & Officers to the Board. We sometimes incorporate a swap meet if there is enough interest as well. All current members in good standing in the NCLR Club are encouraged to attend.

There are a total of 7 positions up for election this year. One of the seats is currently vacant, and the remaining seats are held by the following Directors whose term is up.

Here are the current candidates:

Tom Owen
Chris Solis
Ron Boston
Will Seldon
Colin Brown
Brenton Corns
Enrique Gomez

If you are on this list and would like to continue your role as a Director, please reply in this thread.

For members who are interested in becoming a Director, you are highly encouraged to put your name on the ballot as well.

Being a Director-
The elections are to seat board members for handling the direction and vision of the club. From that Board, Officers of the club are nominated (any club member in good standing) and they in turn handle the business of the club. If enough members want the Board could ask for a declaration from candidates and they could hit the campaign trail.

If you are unable to attend the MoM you will be able to email your vote. Once the final ballot is posted email voting will begin, and end the day before the MoM. Reminders will be sent for both.

For those attending, please check in and receive your member packet which will include a ballot.

9 AM Show & Tell & Swap begins
10 AM Balloting on site begins
1 PM BOD meeting - On site balloting ends, Officers elected

Edited by Disco2Guy, 13 March 2013 - 01:39 PM.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Can I get an address for Mexxi's please? I have a long drive, so will probably not be there until 0930, 1000 at the latest.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2004 Discovery II - New brakes, Crank Position Sensor, ECM, Mass Air Flow sensor, and the bad ground that fried it all.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
First post updated with Mexxi's address.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Hello every one,

I Love this club and what is has become!

Land Rovers brought us together one cold February morning just a bit over six years ago, but it is the friendships and camaradery that have ensued, that has kept this club going and growing (like the bunny rabbit) and I and my family have come to really value that. I guess that what I'm trying to say is that, YES, I would like to continue to serve as a director.

thankyouverymuchthankyouverymuch

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
I too would like to continue another term as a Director for the NCLR Club. For the past 2 terms (4 years) I have been very active with the Club, helping organize the Annual Event, leading the Shaver Lake Snow Run, and most recently, taking on the role of Club Secretary. I'm excited to see what direction the members want the NCLR to go heading into the future. Without all of the great people who have become members of this Club, there would be no NCLR.

Thank you for your consideration and vote.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 874 posts
I too would love the opportunity to continue as a director.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
Current members should have received an email with the ballot for this year's election attached. The ballot has also been attached to this post as well. If you are attending the MoM there will be a welcome packet with a ballot for you to fill out.

If you cannot attend the meeting you may email me your ballot. Please send them to me by midnight Friday, April 12th. I will print your vote and take it to the MoM for the final tally.

Thank you!

Attached Files

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

Rachel M

Rachel M

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All!

Although I am new I would love to be more involved in the club and seeing that there is a position open, may I nominate myself? I've always been active in my parents car clubs, Portland Triumph Owners, Pacific Coast Rover as well as the Jaguar Club, British cars run deep in my veins so I would love to be much more active!

Thanks,
Rachel Mayfield

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

.... I've always been active in my parents car clubs, Portland Triumph Owners, Pacific Coast Rover as well as the Jaguar Club, British cars run deep in my veins so I would love to be much more active!

Rachel,
Welcome to the club! Rovers and Jags ... you're qualified as long as you have got at least one stuck in a mud pit ...

Graeme

Edited by GraemeWare, 13 March 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Welcome to the Club Rachel! British cars sure keep you active...well.. busy anyway ;-)

I see you are in Stanford area? There are a few of us over here on this side of the bay, in fact, the "Peninsula Chapter" as it has been loosely referred to, get's together on the third Thursday at Alpine Inn / Rossatti's. We'll be getting together at 6p and have burgers and beverages. If you are available, swing by and meet a few of the locals :-)

Any questions please feel welcome to post up or send a PM my way.

Welcome again,

Tom

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
Did you say SWAP meet too?
FS: 4 DII 16" alloy wheels, 21 DII lugnuts,

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I may not be able to make it after all, as I seem to have an intermittant coolant leak that I need to identify and repair before I make any long trips. Hoping for the best...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2004 Discovery II - New brakes, Crank Position Sensor, ECM, Mass Air Flow sensor, and the bad ground that fried it all.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Did you say SWAP meet too?
FS: 4 DII 16" alloy wheels, 21 DII lugnuts,

Let's to a swap meet!

Will post my stuff for trade or sale.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I may not be able to make it after all, as I seem to have an intermittant coolant leak that I need to identify and repair before I make any long trips. Hoping for the best...

Oh man, sorry to hear; hope to see you at the next outing.

Dean, you can still vote for director(s) via filling out the form and emailing to Brenton (pls confirm Brenton); thanks!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Come-on folks; let's have a good attendance @ the MoM Gathering.

Good food @ Mexxis, show & tell (ham radio by HMBRover, I am bringing my CT110...), stories to tell (folks just got back from Death Valley), and next trip planning (Pismo by Lutz, Baja Mexico on the table for discussion...), swap meet, etc...

Also I'd like to continue serving on the board.

See you all this Saturday.

Cheers!

Attached Files

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
Yes there is still a parts swap planned. Shane, who owns one of the CT110's on the DV trip, will be there. He and his wife Sandra, are on a 'round the world trip and they have lots of good stories to tell.

If you can't make the meeting please email me your votes for Directors by midnight this Friday.

Here's a list of some stuff I can bring for the swap meet. The larger stuff (like the door panels and tires) will only come with me if there is serious interest from someone. If you want more info or pics, just drop me a line.

x3 BFG KM2's 255/85/R16 tires. These are tires only, no wheels. 2 of the tires have some tread left, and the last one has a flat spot.
x4 D2 SD door panels. These are the standard trim doors, no wood trim piece or suede covering.
D2 stock rear driveshaft (rotoflex type) w/ flange.
D2 trailer hitch. Needs x2 bolts but all other mounting hardware included.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
I can't get up there before 1 or 1:30, so I'm gonna have to miss it again. Coaching baseball is great, but it does cramp one's style.

I'll send my votes soon, Brenton.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I can't get up there before 1 or 1:30, so I'm gonna have to miss it again. Coaching baseball is great, but it does cramp one's style.

I'll send my votes soon, Brenton.

Mark, will just catch-up w/you re: Baja on the forum thread.

If you happen to make it, look for the 3 amigos in the parking lot taking about the Baja trip.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
I have email ballots from:

Rupert Jung
Robert Von Gool
Jonathan Goetsch
Mike McClung
Chuck Mobraten
Nick Tan

If you sent a ballot, and your name isn't on the list, please send it again. Send your ballot to secretary@nclrclub.org, or you can also PM me your votes if it's easier.

Edited by Disco2Guy, 09 April 2013 - 10:25 PM.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Have fun. I am unfortunately going to miss it due to work. I hope to have pics and videos of the DV trip up soon. I am heading to tire shop today to get some new tires since I killed two of them on the trip.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users