Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARB Deluxe Winch Bar for the LR4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item460e46ef5b

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Seller is willing to trade me the van for my 110 when it's finished!

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item460e46ef5b

That is a BEAST!

Keep the 110...
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
keep the 110. Dana 44's????????? Unless it has 60's, I'd walk griff. Sorry dude. 110=class. DVD player = trash

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
gotcha. no friggin' way i'd trade for that thing. but i had to post it because it was such a... uuuhhh... unique vehicle.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

sasquatch

sasquatch

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
whew

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hey everyone,

Anyone with an LR4 looking at this? ARB just announced they (finally) have this bumper for the US LR4. I know Nigel recently installed the devon hidden winch bumper, but this looks sweet!

If I decide to keep my LR4, I want it! Advice? Comments?

http://www.arbusa.co..._LR4_retail.pdf
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

JPerkins

JPerkins

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I highly recommend....I absolutely love my ARB winch bumper on my LR3. the LR4 one is basically the same....one of the primary differences is that the LR4 bumper has the provisions for the front parking sensors. I had to remove mine and then disable the front sensors from the computer with my Gap Diagnostic IIDTool so I wouldn't get the warning alarm every time I started the car stating that the senors were no longer present. In place of the sensors, I added a front camera and connected it to the GVIF unit I got for the rear backup camera I also have, so I now have a nice front view from the bumper up on the nav screen that allows me to get within inches of anything. I went the ARB route vs the hidden winch bumper route because I wanted a bumper that would actually protect the vehicle....the stock bumper gets banged up pretty easy.

I also went with the Warn 9.5XP winch....that thing is a powerhouse and worth the extra money over the xd9000. I also went with synthetic rope to save on a bit of weight hanging over the front wheels, in addition to the safety benefits. Installation isn'tT too bad either so long as you follow the step by step instructions religiously. You'll definitely need two people, primarily when you need to have one person holding the (very heavy) bumper in place while the other bolts it in. Plan on a solid 8-10 hours for the install of everything (bumper, winch, and all the electrical). Here is a link to the LR4 install instructions: http://www.arb.com.a...200_fitting.pdf

Posted Image

Edited by JPerkins, 26 August 2012 - 06:20 AM.

2008 LR3 HSE w/LUX, Cold Climate, and HD (aka rear locker) Packages

Additions: ARB front bumper, Warn 9.5 XP w/synthetic rope, Rover Specialties Sliders, Traxide Dual Battery isolator w/marine link switch & dual rear outlets, 285/60/18 Cooper Zeon LTZs, Bajarack LR3 Standard Rack, IPF 960s w/factory driving light switch, GVIF w/front & rear cameras, G4 Ladder, Rear swing out tire carrier

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hey JPerkins,

Wow - thanks for the great reply and response! I have to say, your LR3 looks awesome!!! Th ARB bumper really gives it a great look and definitely protects the front end. Thank you for the install directions - that looks pretty intense! :)

I'l lkeep everyone posted, but I don't know if I will be getting it anytime soon. Though, I am very tempted! :)

Regards, David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
"if you decide to keep the LR4"?? Are you thinking about getting something else?

The hidden winch looks very slick, but those bumpers do get beat-up pretty good. Check out Kevin Suttles white one and you will see... But he did a quick field repair to punch it back in place with only a few scrapes in the paint to show for almost ripping the whole bumper off.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

"if you decide to keep the LR4"?? Are you thinking about getting something else?

The hidden winch looks very slick, but those bumpers do get beat-up pretty good. Check out Kevin Suttles white one and you will see... But he did a quick field repair to punch it back in place with only a few scrapes in the paint to show for almost ripping the whole bumper off.

Hey Teds,

My last Land Rover product was in 2002 (Discovery 2) and it was beyond a piece of crap. Land Rover took it back and I decided to stay away from Land Rovers, even though I have always loved the style/capabilility/heritage. When the LR4 came out I decided to give it another try because I loved the upgrades and renewed QC efforts, but did not want to get stuck owning the vehicle, so I leased it. I am very easy on cars, so I thought I'd give it a try. I am half-way through and LOVE it and completely back to Land Rovers. I am likely keeping it, but not sure yet - depends if the TD comes to the states or what is in store for the next Discovery. I love the ARB bumper, but if I decide not to keep it, it's way too much modification on a leased vehicle. My accessories that I have now are all fine, they make the vehicle look better and are functional, so I don't mind turning it in the current state, but the ARB bumper is too much. Until I decide for sure, I will hold off on the bumper.

Plus, while I am still learning and have it leased, I take it VERY easy on the trails and it works our nicely. We shall see!

Regards, David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3
I love your setup perkins. I want to build mine up like that

I highly recommend....I absolutely love my ARB winch bumper on my LR3.

Posted Image

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

On Instagram @ bear_republic_overland
"waiting for an adventure"

SmugMug https://nclrbear.smugmug.com/

Instagram https://www.instagra...ublic_overland/

IMG_1224-S.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users