Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Defender 110 on Printed Money

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
SO here I go again. I'm done. It's over. I can't do it anymore. I need to do one of two things here. I'm either parting out the truck till it's gone or sell it as a whole for what ever I can get.

The truck....

So today as it sits it's a running truck with all it's parts in tacked. All the bells and whistles are in it still. Lights, radio, seats, wheels and tires. Even a sexy roof rack. If you haven't seen what this thing is able to do then you have missed out. From inside to out I have these parts listed.

LED everything, fronts seats are from a Subaru, new Pioneer Bluetooth head unit with all the bells and whistles, Very clean sound system with the best bass you will ever get. Just installed. New rubber floor mats (all four), i removed the center console to wire in lights and haven't yet reinstalled it. But I do have plenty of lighting inside and out. This is the 5 speed not automatic. Odometer reads just over 207,000 Full tank of gas and fresh oil, and fuel filter change last weekend. Fancy Land Rover Club badges on front doors and rear pillars. They are removable. Clean SD Roof rack with farmtech flooring. 40 inch LED bar mounted just below the front rail of the rack. LED back up lights and side lights on the rack as well. Those are wired to the switches inside the cab. 245-75-16 Good year duratracks all around. All five on steel wheels and certs from American Tire Co which are transferable. HID head lights. Magna flo exhaust that roars(I'm going to miss that sound)

This truck honestly is a great rig and only you guys know it's for sale. I haven't even tried to post on Craigslist. But I might later.

So the main reason for this sale is because the crank pulley bolt snapped off on my way to work yesterday morning and I had just gotten it to my parking lot. Lucky and not so lucky. This is one of the reasons I'm done. I'm not fixing it. This will be the new owners responsibility. Current registration with tags. Just can't smog it right now since it's missing the crank pulley bolt. I'm asking for $5000 but I can work with you. I know we all need a break but I need a new car now.

Other then that I'm willing to part it out. I just need to know where it's going to be my advantage. If I get enough people wanted the major parts I'm okay with that. Lets see what happens. Oh and Nathan if your interested in the 15'' wheels still I have them freed up now. This is a game changer for me. I need to move on. I hope you guys don't think I'm bailing out.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

SO here I go again. I'm done. It's over. I can't do it anymore. I need to do one of two things here. I'm either parting out the truck till it's gone or sell it as a whole for what ever I can get. ...
... So the main reason for this sale is because the crank pulley bolt snapped off on my way to work yesterday morning

Pedram,

Snapped off! Are you sure that there is still a bolt in there and that it didn't just unscrew itself?

If I hadn't bought a D1 manual I'd be buying yours ...

But for now I'll struggle on with a Land Rover maintenance issue that I have on the RRC ... wish it was just a bolt snapped off ...

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

JeremyP

JeremyP

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Pedram,
Lets talk! Ill give you a call today sometime. Whatever you do, don't part it out! Too nice and complete of a rig for that!
Jeremy Pound
91' RRC Hunter Edition
1995 RRC lwb

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Yeah, what Jeremy said. Cause if you do part it out, and I miss out on the 5 speed, I may cry.

Oh, and I need that light bar...and I think a smaller one for the wife's DII...the big lights are cool on hers, but block the radiator...

Edited by astateofmike, 06 September 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate
Bummer, Pedram - sorry to hear. If you part it out and Mike changes his mind on the light bar, I'll take it :)

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
i'd buy it right now, but it's not well lit enough for my taste.

sorry, Ledram, that blows. I know you like that truck.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
Aww crap. Sorry Pedram. That sucks. Wish I could help you out. If it does get parted let me know. I would be interested in some parts. Just don't need another vehicle right now.

Dino

Dino

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
if you part it, let me know on the tires and wheels
94' RRC LWB

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
You part it out and I want the 5 speed in my LWB. Not that I want to see that beauty parted out, but if so, the 5 speed should have a good home in my LWB, which would then be near perfect.

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER
Pedram I am sure Antonio has told you many a time to buy a RRC not a Disco!

I just bought some 285/75/16 Toyo M/T 's so no go on the 15" wheels damn!

I do have a green 95 LWB RRC with a blown head gasket for sale if you want another easy project.:)

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Yeah Pedram, buy, repair, drive, flip.....

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
I might consider the classic but if the price is right. Actually I really don't want another automatic but again if the price is right. I'm going to see how this plays out. If I get a good enough offer on the entire truck I would rather sell it that way. But parting it out is still an option I'm willing to do. I really only bought this disco because it was an stick. So I'm leaning toward another type of 4x4 that will suit my needs. I need power and it has to be a stick.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Pedram, if you buy the 95 LWB and do the head gasket, you could transfer the LT230 and R380 right in the LWB....

Just saying...then part the rest.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Yes that would be great Mike but I'm not looking for a five year rebuild. I just want something that I can fix up as I wheel and not have it cause me to do more repairs and find parts I can't find. Honestly I love my disco but it's getting to the point my 4Runner was getting. If I want a stick I'm going to just buy it that way. It is a lot of work to do for a conversion let alone doing it from one car to another. I don't have the room and help I need. If I do buy the classic it's going to just have a few upgrades. I learned from the past if you change one thing you have three others to worry about later.

I think I might just keep looking for something else.

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
Sounds like you're pretty discouraged. Sorry to hear that buddy. To me a wheeling rig is like a good marriage. It always needs maintenance and tuning. Sometimes the maintenance is preventative and sometimes it's corrective. I'm hoping that whichever direction you go you will still wheel with us. We won't mock you to much if you show up in a tracker or worse, a jeep.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Thank you all for the kind words. Jason funny you mention that about the Jeep. I was considering one. We will see.

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
There is something to be said for the jeeps. They are everywhere and countless companies make products for them. That makes parts and accessories cheap and easy to find. I don't know I'd they offer the newer models in a manual. If they do I haven't seen one. Good luck friend.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
I can't afford car payments. I'm looking to buy a used one. Mid 90s. Possibly even a Cherokee since they are four door. But my dream was to buy the wrangler. Both with a 4.0L.

SLOHybrid

SLOHybrid

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • SLO
  • 95 RRC 25th 4.6
  • 04 L322
  • 87 RRC
  • 94 4.6 RRC LWB CRAWLER
Pedram don't buy a Jeep you will regret it! I just sold my 08 Rubicon and yes it was a fantastic (although small and tippy) vehicle but I could not live with the fact it was a Jeep and had to sell it.

Might as well get back into a Toyota at least you are aware of what works?

Either way we will give you Mierda!:P

Edited by SLOHybrid, 09 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

NCLR 093

Traversing Defense Mine Waterfall
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JqczzhsWOh8

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
LoL Nathan. Good one. Well I have to test the waters myself. Everyone has their own preference. Not a one vehicle fits all thing. Even though the land rovers here do fit in that category. Just not mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users