Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

April MORG

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
What a great turn out we had at the MORG in Hollister for March. Got me to thinking, would we like to try and expand the MORG?

Maybe for April you will have a choice of MORG locations? I would like to go up and see the Prairie City OHV renovations. Anyone interested in a Sacramento area day?

Lets start talking.

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
Just an FYI. DV trip is that weekend may be low turnout.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I'm willing. Is Carnegie still closed to trucks, motorcycles only?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2004 Discovery II - New brakes, Crank Position Sensor, ECM, Mass Air Flow sensor, and the bad ground that fried it all.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004

Just an FYI. DV trip is that weekend may be low turnout.

That's why I thought about it. Hollister would be low as well, and I want to get out and see what they are doing out there.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Yes and no. They have a little truck area, which is fine for a few hours. Then there is Frank Raines on the other side by Patterson.

SamO

SamO

Sam (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I might be up for Prairie City or Frank Raines. Hollister has gotten a bit old :)

2013 LR2
Bull bar, roof rack, curt tow hitch, portable winch, 265/60R17 general grabbers, front & rear skid plates, front tow hitch receiver, and mantec rear access ladder.

1995 Defender (for sale)
Sliders, 8,000 LB WARN, Old Man Emu, Skid plates, ARB air lockers, lift, badger top.

2005 LR3

Latest project.

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
wait carnegie has a truck area? i swear i've checked and it was 2 wheel only. i would be down for that as it is just up the road from me and we could BBQ/pool party at my place afterwards.

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

SamO

SamO

Sam (NCLR Member)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Carnegie does have a 4x4 obstacle course...but really not good for more than an hour or two of entertainment.

2013 LR2
Bull bar, roof rack, curt tow hitch, portable winch, 265/60R17 general grabbers, front & rear skid plates, front tow hitch receiver, and mantec rear access ladder.

1995 Defender (for sale)
Sliders, 8,000 LB WARN, Old Man Emu, Skid plates, ARB air lockers, lift, badger top.

2005 LR3

Latest project.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I did not know that Carnegie had a 4x4 obstacle course that vehicles could use - I thought it was motorcycle only.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3

I did not know that Carnegie had a 4x4 obstacle course that vehicles could use - I thought it was motorcycle only.

sam is right, they do but not much there to keep you busy for very long unless you have a big rock crawler. even then...

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

On Instagram @ bear_republic_overland
"waiting for an adventure"

SmugMug https://nclrbear.smugmug.com/

Instagram https://www.instagra...ublic_overland/

IMG_1224-S.jpg

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

sam is right, they do but not much there to keep you busy for very long unless you have a big rock crawler. even then...

Ah ha, just the excuse I needed for buying 35s ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

Jen

Jen

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
I'm interested in an April MORG...
Jen
LR3 2008
Now with a Baja Rack! Bigger Tyres! Sas Rods! RS Sliders!

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
April approaches swiftly! Do we have a definite place we are going?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2004 Discovery II - New brakes, Crank Position Sensor, ECM, Mass Air Flow sensor, and the bad ground that fried it all.

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Won't make it to the April MORG. A couple of friends and I are doing a trip to Bear Valley and do some snow camping that weekend.

AA

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

"Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt”
John Muir

TDeWitt

TDeWitt

Terry (NCLR129)

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Let us know if Boards Crossing and Spicer Meadows gates are open, or stop by the Ranger Station and find out when for an alternate MORG gathering. Would be fun to be one of the first in for a day of fun!

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Hey Guys, I live a little less than 5miles away from Prairie City and would be willing to host a BBQ at my place afterwards or before we go out?

Let me know. If we plan on doing a Sacramento MORG I will attend 100%, any were else 50/50.

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
Looks like Prairie City is out for April: Nor Cal Stampede is there Friday and Sat for the Rock Racing Championship series. Guess it is back to Hollister then for those of us not out in Death Valley, unless someone knows a local trail we can hit?

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004
And MORG IS OFF! Per the HHSVRA Website: The Upper Ranch will be closed from April 4th through 7th for the HHORA Wild Wabbit event. Additional information about the event is available on the HHORA website.

We can also talk about Frank Raines Off-Highway Vehicle Park, but I have never been there and don't know much about the trails except they are shared use with bikes/buggies/trucks.

So anyone have any good ideas, otherwise it is a chill at the house weekend.

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Well, there's still Carnagie, and if you are willing to make a little longer drive, Clay Pit. I haven't been to Clay pit on forever though. And I just found out about a place called La Grange Off Highway park. That's in Stanislaus County as well. Anyone know about that one?

Edited by Dean K., 01 April 2013 - 12:34 PM.

Dean K.

Dean K.

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
And what about the BLM Knoxville Rec area? Supposed to be pretty big, and I've read a few good reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users