Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

D110 rollover status

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Anyone have or know of a testbook near Sacramento? The rover battery was dead this weekend and after I charged it back up the SRS light was on. Anyone have any ideas.

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Nobody?

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
Well...I don't know if Stewart's has one or not but I suppose it's worth a try. He'd probably charge you a small fortune to reset your SRS though. I sure wouldn't let him touch anything else on the truck...

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Yeah. I had it there about 4 years ago when I had the same issue. He had it in there for like 5 minutes and charged me just over $100. I know shops need to make a profit but $1000/hr is a bit silly. They did have time to sneak a license plate frame on though. It didn't fit with two of the existing bolts so they just tossed them. I about lost it when I got home.

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Is Tim Scully a member here? Anyone know if he has one or have his contact info?

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
He's not a member, but Ron might have some contact info for him. He led the '09 Rubicon trip for us, and Ron was the one who contacted him initially.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
Tim is a friend of mine, I have his contact info. I'll give him a call and see if he's in town and he has the capability to reset the SRS.

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
I met him at the Evoque unveiling a couple of years ago. He was a really nice guy. I'm pretty sure he lives close to me if he hasn't moved.

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
I gave him a call but got his voicemail. He hasn't called me back yet so he's probably out on the trail out of cell range at the moment.

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Lucky him. Thanks dan

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
I have the the TekPro3000 from Atlantic Btitish which reads all computers and diagnostics for rovers to 2010. But if you have a D1 or RRC then it needs an additional cable.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
I talked (well, texted actually) with Tim today and he said that the equipment he has won't communicate with older Rovers so it looks like you're out of luck with that possibility. Ted, how much does the additional cable cost?

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
I looked into the cable. It's $80 plus shipping. And as it turns out Teds is just down the road. So if you're up for it I will order that cable and let you know when it comes in.

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
I called yesterday but no one answered.

ouch. Kinda expensive but you are welcome to use it anytime. The brochure says it can read the ABS computer for discos and rrc with that cable. I think we should be able to reset your light. I reprogrammed settings on my BECM with it and read all computers. It works pretty well.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Awesome. Thanks! I figure like this. It's $80 now and then the club has access to one or I go give Stewart's $100 and I'm SOL next time I have an issue. I will let you know when it arrives. Thanks again.

AA Journey

AA Journey

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
Hi Jason,

Let me know if you are able to reset your SRS light with the cable you ordered. When i bought the RRC it had the light on also and never bother in getting it check out.

AA

Antonio

KK6KSO

2011 LR4 LUX

"Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt”
John Muir

JFuller

JFuller

Rover

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
Teds. My cable arrived today. Are you available soon to get together?

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Yes. I am available in the evenings this week or this weekend. Might head to Prairie City this weekend to watch Rob get ready for King of the Hammers. He is racing a UTV.

You still have my number?

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
If anyone cares, I finally got the estimate for the repairs for my 110 after the Shaver Lake spill.

Initial estimate per insurance appraiser = $15K+. The shop, City Body Repairs in SJ, a Jag and LR body shop, is now going to put the truck in the air and see if there is anything else to deal with. Should know the particulars by tomorrow and then it'll be time for a face lift.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

JamesF

JamesF

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hopefully that'll cover it all and you'll be back to 'normal' in no time... let me know if you need a ride or anything.
Jim Fox
'92 RRC "Chelsea"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users