Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jfuller, Your inbox is full.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Some people can be so rude. Of course, if I knew I was using the hose after this LR4:

Posted Image

...I'd probably deal with it. David, that could be you this coming Spring! ::amuse::

-Jared

That would be Don in an LR4.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,418 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

That would be Don in an LR4.

I like it. Don, when are you trading in for an LR4? ::blink1:: No wait, Don is smitten over Defenders right now...

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I like it. Don, when are you trading in for an LR4? ::blink1:: No wait, Don is smitten over Defenders right now...

-Jared

Like me, I think Don is eagerly awaiting the new Defender. I am so curious to see what they release in the states.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
I'm on double secret lock-down and explicitly prohibited from buying any more toys until I get rid of some of the ones I don't use now.

As for my next Rover purchase, right now I'd have to say a RRC is the most likely. I love the look of the D90, but I know I don't really want to spend Defender money on what would become a rock-crawler.

As for the much-anticipated forthcoming Defender, I love to speculate but the honest truth is I'm probably more likely a used-truck buyer. I'd be scared to properly wheel something I had a payment on!

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
I suffer from automotive ADD anyway. I want a D90! No wait, I want a RRC! No wait, I want a new Defender! No wait, I want more toys for my LR3!

Squirrel?

Don

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Lupe will help clean up your toys Don. Go to your room.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I got my ARB air compressor today, wow, it's a lot bigger than I thought.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Ah, so that's why the sudden interest in expanding the roof rack!

Don

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,418 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Hey David;

I usually throw mine up on the roof rack; the relative weight makes it reasonably easy to get down and use, but acknowledge that I have a taller height profile on the RRC than you do on your LR4 (or at least I rarely see you load a lot of stuff on top.) due to jerry cans and Pelican boxes. Assuming you got the turnkey Portable box, the tank built into the box does takes up a lot of space, but I really like the convenience of having the whole thing in a solid weather-resistant box.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Another reason for buying more pelican cases.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Ah, so that's why the sudden interest in expanding the roof rack!

Sort of, but I can actually fit the compressor in the truck. My main reason for expanding the roof rack is that I often have BOTH BIG dogs and I need more room for things like clothes, lighter gear, and boxes of food. Since the dogs take up most of the back, I have barely any room to stuff some of the lighter options. Once I get my spare tire off the roof, I'll have more room. Even if I could fit my second Pelican case up there, that would be good! I can store a lot of what I need in that second case, which doesn't currently fit up there with the spare tire.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Hey David;

I usually throw mine up on the roof rack; the relative weight makes it reasonably easy to get down and use, but acknowledge that I have a taller height profile on the RRC than you do on your LR4 (or at least I rarely see you load a lot of stuff on top.) due to jerry cans and Pelican boxes. Assuming you got the turnkey Portable box, the tank built into the box does takes up a lot of space, but I really like the convenience of having the whole thing in a solid weather-resistant box.

-Jared

We have the same one and that is my plan - at least when I need more room in the cargo area. If I could get my second Pelican case up there, I'd have more room and possibly expand my rack out over my sun roof (that's good 4' x 2.5' of wasted space). I agree, the compressor box is very nice.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Another reason for buying more pelican cases.

I have the 2 big ones, but I want a third :-) Right now I have my spare tire on the roof (it does not fit underneath the truck, nor do I want it there) so I had to take one Pelican box down. One box I have lots of supplies and the other was used for other things as needed and worked quite well. I guess this makes me want a spare tire swing away really bad :-)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
I don't think your pelican cases are huge..... I own a few huge cases. Let's just say you can fit inside one all by yourself. Some club members know what I'm taking about. I used to be able to put three of them on my disco when I had my rack. But now I have only my trailer. Which maybe will fit one and some smaller cases.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
I missed the part about the BIG dogs. Clearly they would need a lot of food. Because I've always heard it said the Big Dogs Gotta Eat.

Don

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I don't think your pelican cases are huge..... I own a few huge cases. Let's just say you can fit inside one all by yourself. Some club members know what I'm taking about. I used to be able to put three of them on my disco when I had my rack. But now I have only my trailer. Which maybe will fit one and some smaller cases.

No, they are definitely not the biggest sized cases, which is why it is optimal that I have 2. I don't really have room for anything bigger.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I missed the part about the BIG dogs. Clearly they would need a lot of food. Because I've always heard it said the Big Dogs Gotta Eat.

Yes, they are what take up my entire back seat and most of the cargo area - ugh.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

I think they are more "long" than "big" ;-). They take up a lot of space even when coiled 😊

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Hey,

Trying to help you get those requested parts although your inbox is full.

On a side note to any admins

What would I need to be able to get admin to fix minor issues such as the low pm box count / touch up the site? I was discussing on re designing it although I think with a few hours of TLC we could easily add / fix some things that the forum is missing.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Colin would be your first point of contact. If it needs to go above him, Colin would send the request over to Gary.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users