Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Front Runner LR3 Drawer System

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
Former club member is selling his DII. It comes with many upgrades and tales of lands far away.

http://sfbay.craigsl...4650668142.html

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Former club member is selling his DII. It comes with many upgrades and tales of lands far away.

http://sfbay.craigsl...4650668142.html

How much would it be without the "tales"?

$11k seem steep to anyone else?

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109
He will sell it to a club member for 9K, everything included. Tales come as an option::nuts::

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3
I recently purchased a drawer system from Front Runner Outfitters. I was so excited to order it but it came with some struggles. First of all was the cost of shipping. To ship it freight to my work cost almost $200. I emailed Front Runner to ask if they had any sales coming up to offset the cost and they said no. I then tried to see if anyone was headed down to LA to pick it up. A week or 2 later I looked online again and the price of the drawers went up but shipping went down. I then called Front Runner to see if they would honor the old price and they said no. At this point I was getting a little annoyed with them and looked more into the ARB drawers but in the end it was about the same price and I just liked the more custom look of the Front Runner drawers. So I ordered them and had them shipped to my work along with the fridge slide. Good thing my work has a fork lift.

Front Runner says it takes about 15 minutes to install because of an issue with one of the drawers sticking it took me about 3 hours to put them in and I wasn't close to being done. After everything I'm finally done and they look great.

I made a mount for my power tank.
Posted Image
The big problem with these drawers are these nuts. They keep popping out.
Posted Image
The fridge slide was hard because the drawers are so long you can't reach the back without taking off the front panel.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Family mode

Posted Image

Edited by BEAR, 17 February 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

On Instagram @ bear_republic_overland
"waiting for an adventure"

SmugMug https://nclrbear.smugmug.com/

Instagram https://www.instagra...ublic_overland/

IMG_1224-S.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
It looks great Barron.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Barron,

That looks AWESOME - I love it. I think I may try to build something at some point, but I really like the clean design of those drawers. It just seems to be a major pain in the butt to install. Do you think they are worth the price?

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3

Barron,

That looks AWESOME - I love it. I think I may try to build something at some point, but I really like the clean design of those drawers. It just seems to be a major pain in the butt to install. Do you think they are worth the price?

-David

Honestly I don't think they're worth the price. But if thats what you want than thats what it's going to cost. I do love it though and I'm very glad I have it.

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD
Baja Rack, Gap EAS IID tool, LEDramized 40" light bar and work lights, BFG TA/KO tires, ARB Fridge Freezer, Front Runner Drawers, PowerTank 20lbs Co2 tank, Front Runner Rear Ladder, Traxide duel battery kit. Tactical Rovers Sliders and Rear Bumper

IMG_1224-S.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
I guess you have no choice at this point huh? To late to return. LOL. Sorry. I know the feeling. But we can always use that idea and build from there.

BEAR

BEAR

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Concord
  • 2006 LR3

I guess you have no choice at this point huh? To late to return. LOL. Sorry. I know the feeling. But we can always use that idea and build from there.

I wouldent want to return it anyway. I really do like them and Front Runner is a good company. They were easy to get a hold of when I was having issues and I do think it would be a great idea to improve upon for you pfab. You're going to have your hands full making LR3 bumpers and drawers. LOL

Concord CA,
2006 LR3 SE with HD

IMG_1224-S.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Yeah. That's just the half of it. I got almost 4 builds to get on. Two or three tire carriers and a few bumper and sliders. Then I got my own truck that just broke. That can wait.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Like David, I've considered building my own. I know I could do it and make it look OK, but it would never turn out as good as what you've got. Just have to weigh the costs and quality of the Front Runner vs the savings and time of building my own.

I'd love to see it in person one of these days.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Yeah. That's just the half of it. I got almost 4 builds to get on. Two or three tire carriers and a few bumper and sliders. Then I got my own truck that just broke. That can wait.

Oh, I didn't realize you were taking spare-tire carrier orders. ;-) I was considering a spare-tire carrier from Voyager, but I got some feedback from a few other LR3/LR4 folks the latch they use is pretty bad. Plus, I am not sure I want my rear parking sensors to go crazy everytime I put it in reverse.

Do you install on LR4s?

Posted Image
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Not to hijack Barron's thread, but I am wondering if it's possible to feed the wiring from the roof rack to the back of the truck (i think there is a path inside) out to the engine. Might be a pain in the a$$ to feed the wires though. More and more I am thinking conduit tubing, though it may not look so clean.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Yeah the LR3-4 have some after market add on issues. Not much to add on without looking like a mess. But if there's a will there's a way. I haven't built any carriers for LR3-4 but I am willing.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Yeah the LR3-4 have some after market add on issues. Not much to add on without looking like a mess. But if there's a will there's a way. I haven't built any carriers for LR3-4 but I am willing.

Hmmmmmm......... I may be willing to have you use my LR4 as a template! :-)

I think my next modification, beside the lights, is the ARB front bumper. I was going to order through Cerrone's, but decide to go with 4 Wheel Parts in San Jose. I talked to a guy there for a while and he seemed extremely well versed and they are a certified retailer.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Nice. I would love to take on a new truck. I guess you could say I have worked on every brand of rover now. Well I was offered to build sliders for a FreeLander but the guy never followed through with it.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Freelander? That's like the CRV of Rovers. Just mask it off, spray it with some plasti-dip, and tell him it's a pair of sliders. All good.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Nice. I would love to take on a new truck. I guess you could say I have worked on every brand of rover now. Well I was offered to build sliders for a FreeLander but the guy never followed through with it.

That would be great - what's the first step?
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

That would be great - what's the first step?

Well, it involves a 9" angle grinder and an oxyacetylene torch .... are you still up for this ....

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Well, it involves a 9" angle grinder and an oxyacetylene torch .... are you still up for this ....

Regards,

Graeme

Holy sh$t! I think I am!
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users