Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Dashboard/Surround Cameras

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
I am going down i5. I can either go via hwy 4 or 580. I have been by there before I know how to get there. Anyone want to meet up with me let me know.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Take Justin, Don, and Michal with you. You guys should meet at the 205 near Tracy. It's about a half hour north of Patterson and about another 20-30 drive from Patterson to Frank Raines.

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover

Take Justin, Don, and Michal with you. You guys should meet at the 205 near Tracy. It's about a half hour north of Patterson and about another 20-30 drive from Patterson to Frank Raines.

That's what I was thinking, It'd be about the same spot we'd all merge into. Wanna pick a gas station / starbucks and we meet there?

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

All;

It looks like we have a number of folks coming from the Bay area. As mentioned in an earlier post, we will meet tomorrow at 8:15AM at the corner of Alum Rock Ave. & Mt. Hamilton Rd. in San Jose [Map]. There is a large dirt area to stage before we head up. If you could, please confirm that you will be meeting at the waypoint so we wait for you. If the caravan is gone from the waypoint after 8:15AM and you didn't confirm, we will have already departed. Please try to catch up at our next waypoint, Lick Observatory at the peak of Mt. Hamilton and if you have amateur radio, call out that you are en route on the NCLR standard frequency of 146.460MHz.

Also, are there trucks from the East Bay / Central Valley side that want to caravan together? I think Don/Michele and Justin are coming from roughly the same side... just a thought.

NOTE: The MORG meeting time at Frank Raines OHV park is 10:00AM. If you have any other questions, post here and I'll update. See you tomorrow!

-Jared

Great Idea Jared! I wonder if there is a repeater that will cover down that far? Maybe Mt. Diable machine? Not sure if the Stanford (145.230?) machine would reach both sides... I did a quick search and found THIS repeater system. I don't know the terrain at all, just wondering if there is a back-up to simplex...

Have fun!

Tom

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
I am out on this. Two "scheduled" soccer games, wife's birthday, and a very leaky LT230 front output all call for attention. Ordering oil seals as we speak. Would catch a seat, but if games go on, I need to be in town. Drive safe.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
There really isn't anything at the 205 / 5 junction. There's an Arco just a bit north on 5 (Mossdale) I believe. Or a little further north at Lathrop Rd. is a Starbucks. Those are about the closest things I can think of near the junction.

Google says an hour from Starbucks to Frank Raines. I'll plan to be at the Starbucks about 8:30 with an eye to leaving at 8:45. That should put me at Frank Raines a little before 10.

It's been raining here more or less all day. Good think I didn't wash the Rover for that photo shoot up in Arcata.... ;)

If anybody wants to meet Michele and I at the Starbucks post up here - I'll check before I leave in the morning. (about 7:30) Or you can text me at (five ten)-825-5056.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4

There really isn't anything at the 205 / 5 junction. There's an Arco just a bit north on 5 (Mossdale) I believe. Or a little further north at Lathrop Rd. is a Starbucks. Those are about the closest things I can think of near the junction.

Google says an hour from Starbucks to Frank Raines. I'll plan to be at the Starbucks about 8:30 with an eye to leaving at 8:45. That should put me at Frank Raines a little before 10.

It's been raining here more or less all day. Good think I didn't wash the Rover for that photo shoot up in Arcata.... ;)

If anybody wants to meet Michele and I at the Starbucks post up here - I'll check before I leave in the morning. (about 7:30) Or you can text me at (five ten)-825-5056.

Sounds great! Do you have the full address to that Starbucks? I should be there around 8.30 as well (but need to know the full address to time it accordingly)

HAM KK6VIL / 2011 LR4 HSE - BFGs 265/65R18, LR3 wheels with 30mm spacers, terrafirma hidden winch mount with superwinch 9.5 SR, IIDTool, baja roof rack with ladder, TR rock sliders, TR gas tank and transfer case skid plates, rigid industries D2 driving lamps, OEM front A bar, Kaymar rear bumper (double swing), Long Range Automotive aux fuel tank, Green Oval lift and air suspension override etc. etc. etc.....

plasticjesus

plasticjesus

Navigator

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Daly City
  • 98 Disco 1

All;

It looks like we have a number of folks coming from the Bay area. As mentioned in an earlier post, we will meet tomorrow at 8:15AM at the corner of Alum Rock Ave. & Mt. Hamilton Rd. in San Jose [Map]. There is a large dirt area to stage before we head up. If you could, please confirm that you will be meeting at the waypoint so we wait for you. If the caravan is gone from the waypoint after 8:15AM and you didn't confirm, we will have already departed. Please try to catch up at our next waypoint, Lick Observatory at the peak of Mt. Hamilton and if you have amateur radio, call out that you are en route on the NCLR standard frequency of 146.460MHz.

Also, are there trucks from the East Bay / Central Valley side that want to caravan together? I think Don/Michele and Justin are coming from roughly the same side... just a thought.

NOTE: The MORG meeting time at Frank Raines OHV park is 10:00AM. If you have any other questions, post here and I'll update. See you tomorrow!

Photos
---------

Posted Image
Mt. Hamilton Peak

Posted Image
Lick Observatory

-Jared

I will be at the way point at 8:15 or earlier.
Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

98 Disco 1 Chawton White 150K

UlisesRangel

UlisesRangel

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Unfortunately Im going to have to sit this one out. Friends Bday tonight....you know how that is.

99 Rutland Red Disco II

2" OME HD coils, OME shocks, Tom Woods front drive shaft, CDL linkage, 265 75/16" Wrangler MT/R, Safari snorkel, D1 wiper arms

95 Alpine White RRC LWB

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Sounds great! Do you have the full address to that Starbucks? I should be there around 8.30 as well (but need to know the full address to time it accordingly)

It's Lathrop and I5. 15010 Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 953309802

http://www.starbucks...op-ca-953309802

Don

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
I will meet at the Starbuck s. Just posy address.

HAM KJ7RRC
95 LWB RRC 3 inch rte lt-230, 35x12.5/15 bfg km2, GBR 4.14 with trutracs front and rear, Rovertracks front Hd axles and cv's, Ashcroft Hd rear axles,
Rte rear trailing arms,Warn 8k, RTE bumpers front and rear with P-Fab Mods, Flowmaster exhaust ,custom sliders GRB F+R driveshaft, RTE steering links. 12 in Bilstien 7100's

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Unfortunately Im going to have to sit this one out. Friends Bday tonight....you know how that is.

But it's going to be wet and muddy! You can handle it on only three hours of sleep! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4

It's Lathrop and I5. 15010 Harlan Road, Lathrop, CA 953309802

http://www.starbucks...op-ca-953309802

Starbucks it is! See you there tomorrow at 8.30am

HAM KK6VIL / 2011 LR4 HSE - BFGs 265/65R18, LR3 wheels with 30mm spacers, terrafirma hidden winch mount with superwinch 9.5 SR, IIDTool, baja roof rack with ladder, TR rock sliders, TR gas tank and transfer case skid plates, rigid industries D2 driving lamps, OEM front A bar, Kaymar rear bumper (double swing), Long Range Automotive aux fuel tank, Green Oval lift and air suspension override etc. etc. etc.....

ColinB

ColinB

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 872 posts
I'm going to have to meet at Frank Raines park that Starbucks is about 30 minutes out of my way. I will be at the turnoff for del Puerto Canyon Road at 9:15 and will leave for the ohv at 9:30.

Edited by ColinB, 01 November 2014 - 12:14 AM.

HAM KJ7RRC

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
I'm out the door. Will stop for gas in stockton. But see you guys there.

Don

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4
En route ! Should be at Starbucks at 8.40am

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Have fun guys and take lots of photos!!!

My mom got into town last night, so we got plans for the weekend. I am so sad to miss this new MORG - next time! :-)

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,951 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Got to starbucks a little early. I'm traveling solo today as michele bailed on me.

I'll be on the lookout for Michal then we'll look for Colin en-route.

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
All,

And 11 trucks made it ... 10 of them Land Rover made.

We just got back after a great run home (the longer but quicker way, going east to go west). Had a great time there. Trails are more of a challenge than Hollister now, but maybe because we know those too well already. I vote that we get back there again soon. Could be very slippery after a lot of rain, but with the little bit they have had it was just right (firm with a little 'give', but absolutely no dust). Of course, this is reported as I didn't actually get to drive ....

When we left, only minor damage had been sustained .... but ....

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Had an absolute blast. Even more pleased my D1 made it to and from the event with ZERO issues!!!!

Snagged a few pictures
http://imgur.com/a/ga4ra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users