Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Pocket Power Plus ???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
I was at my local NAPA store and the mgr showed me a product that they now carry. Pocket Power Jump Starter by Rockford ret. $120.
I did some addn research and it looked similar to PocketPowerPlus.com . It was also in a Herrington catalog. It's supposedly a small pkg Li battery that can jump start and recharge cell phones,tablets etc. Interesting.
2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Thanks to a recommendation from Michal, I just bought this portable power source:

https://www.arkporta...ower.com/arkpak

I still need to install the battery, but it seems really awesome and extremely versatile. I have the car, home, and will get the solar charger.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

I was at my local NAPA store and the mgr showed me a product that they now carry. Pocket Power Jump Starter by Rockford ret. $120.
I did some addn research and it looked similar to PocketPowerPlus.com . It was also in a Herrington catalog. It's supposedly a small pkg Li battery that can jump start and recharge cell phones,tablets etc. Interesting.

Sounds similar to the ones on ExpeditionExchange: https://www.expediti...om/antigravity/

They tested them out by jumpstarting a range rover like 10 times. Powerful and compact.

I have seen the ArkPak but it looks quite large. My Goal Zero Extreme350 works great for running my ARB fridge. It has been superseded by the Yeti400 which has more USB and other connections. Plug n play with the solar panels. I had the Extreme350 running and recharging hooked up to 70watts of solar panels in the Baja sun. Kept my Pacificos ice cold...
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
Same Same. At least EE had a better explanation of the product. I think it would save space and a a lot less wiring for computers etc. I think the NAPA price is less than EEs but EEs case is cool.
2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users