Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Gear and Equipment Review

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Yes, we can bring ours to the MoM also, I think Jared wanted to see your set up again to see if there are a few more modifications we can make for it. I think it was probably the best purchase we made by far for the Baja trip (ARB fridge is #2).
-Erin

Obviously you don't have an appreciation for a properly chilled Pacifico on the dusty trail.... Am I right Ron?? <Ron is sponsored by Pacifico (Pacifico <-> Ron have to be mentioned in the same sentence ;-)

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Obviously you don't have an appreciation for a properly chilled Pacifico on the dusty trail.... Am I right Ron?? <Ron is sponsored by Pacifico (Pacifico <-> Ron have to be mentioned in the same sentence ;-)

Hahahahah! I started laughing at my desk and my colleague just gave me a weird look.

I have a whole new appreciation for Lemonade and Coke. Hahahaha! (i.e. Pacifico & Tacate)

Best thing about Baja - receiving a cold Tacate from Victor at Baja Land right after crossing the border. That's a story for another time - my stress level crossing the border into Tijuana (I was the driver). Ron will tell you.

-E

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Yes, my sponsor endorses this commercial :-) Thanks Tom - Pacifico for you at the MoM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,742 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Hahahahah! I started laughing at my desk and my colleague just gave me a weird look.

I have a whole new appreciation for Lemonade and Coke. Hahahaha! (i.e. Pacifico & Tacate)

Best thing about Baja - receiving a cold Tacate from Victor at Baja Land right after crossing the border. That's a story for another time - my stress level crossing the border into Tijuana (I was the driver). Ron will tell you.

-E

Bravo for driving in TJ on a busy Saturday Erin. Well deserved - Tecate beer does have calming ingredients :-) Just to be clear we crossed the border, drove in TJ, met Baja Land Rover Club and we were all at the parking lot for meet&greet, rest, and while enjoying cold beverages. :-) :-)

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Yes, my sponsor endorses this commercial :-) Thanks Tom - Pacifico for you at the MoM.

:-D

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
OK here is my review of my flag holder. Got it off of amazon for about $22 http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Easy to install, nice because of the spring, extends if needed but collapses while driving. I had the issue that it would extend while on the highway, quick attachment of a bungee and problem solved. all in all nice investment, sturdy and I don't have to attach it to a radio antenna.

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

OK here is my review of my flag holder. Got it off of amazon for about $22 http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Easy to install, nice because of the spring, extends if needed but collapses while driving. I had the issue that it would extend while on the highway, quick attachment of a bungee and problem solved. all in all nice investment, sturdy and I don't have to attach it to a radio antenna.

I just ordered one of these. Erin wanted me to get something to hold a flag and we couldn't find anything local that would work well. Did a search on the forums and this came up. Thanks Chris.

Don't have anything new to add to this thread... for now...

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users