Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The new commuter!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Dino

Dino

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i kno where there is a really sweet LWB classic that a really good dood would trade you for this................
94' RRC LWB

JeremyP

JeremyP

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

i kno where there is a really sweet LWB classic that a really good dood would trade you for this................

Hmmmmm...... I don't think I can squeeze that;) The opportunity to own a California legal diesel rover is something that happens once in a, well, it's the only one I've come across....EVER! It'll take everything ya got to get me to give up this puppy:)
Jeremy Pound
91' RRC Hunter Edition
1995 RRC lwb

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Nope! 2.8 Isuzu turbo diesel!

Is that the 4JB1 motor? From a Trooper or Frontera? Has it got the turbo? I'm interested because I want to see one .... to assess how difficult it is.

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

JeremyP

JeremyP

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Is that the 4JB1 motor? From a Trooper or Frontera? Has it got the turbo? I'm interested because I want to see one .... to assess how difficult it is.

Regards,

Graeme

Sure is:) 4jb1t 2.8 Isuzu turbo diesel. I actually will be getting another 4jb1t complete motor in the next couple months. The guy I bought this from had a spare, but wanted too much for it. He called me last night and I think we struck a deal on it. I'll most likely be going to the MoM in this. Are you going?
Jeremy Pound
91' RRC Hunter Edition
1995 RRC lwb

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Sure is:) 4jb1t 2.8 Isuzu turbo diesel. I actually will be getting another 4jb1t complete motor in the next couple months. The guy I bought this from had a spare, but wanted too much for it. He called me last night and I think we struck a deal on it. I'll most likely be going to the MoM in this. Are you going?

Jeremy,

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the MoM due to a prior commitment. I'll have to catch up with you some other time.

Graeme

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

JeremyP

JeremyP

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
No problem. I visit Dan on occasion, so maybe next time I make it up there we can all get together for a chat!
Jeremy Pound
91' RRC Hunter Edition
1995 RRC lwb

JeremyP

JeremyP

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
We all need to figure out how to covert our rovers legally to diesel in Cali! I put 110 miles on it and refilled. It only used 3.9 gallons! That's. 28.2 mpg and that's mixed driving( honestly mostly city and country roads!). The power is on par with a 3.5, which we all know isn't going to win any races, but it gets the job done:) hmmmmm.... Maybe its to start putting mods on;)
Jeremy Pound
91' RRC Hunter Edition
1995 RRC lwb

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Wow, that's a pretty impressive number. I'm shopping for a new work mini-van right now; looking at the Nissan NV200 and Ford Transit Connect and they don't even put up those kind of numbers despite being little light-weight 2wd 4 cylinders.

As for the mods, it's always time for mods!

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users