Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So close...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
So today wifey decides she wants an LR4 to replace the X5 (yes first world problems) and she wants the V8. So I find one, 2013 w 5000 miles in a beautiful grey w the black pack (HSE LUX but no HD) call them up already to pull the trigger. Salesman goes to check a few things and comes back and says the owner bought it himself today...F@#*

Oh well. We are on the hunt!

The one that got away
Posted Image

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
Already should translate to all ready (iphone )

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Already should translate to all ready (iphone )

Chris,

I hate the spill chucker on my iPhone ... much prefer the Droid Razr with 4.1.2 Android ...

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
The salesman you talked with didn't happen to sound like Ricky Gervais did he?

'Cause I'm pretty sure the guy we bought ours from at LR Sac could have been his brother.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
Zach? Yeah that was him.

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,093 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
HA! same guy!

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Sounds like a collector, that's awesome Chris. Not that your lost your chance but that your adding this to your list.

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
Thanks, there is a white one with the same set up at the Livermore dealer….but it just doesn't look right. has chrome rims, chrome side steps, it's a 2013 with 6200 miles LUX etc but the Orkney Grey with black pack was sweet. plan is to buy for the wife and then in a few years she will get something new and I will build it up for camping. Literally her words/plan not mine….one of the million reasons I am the luckiest guys in the world.

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hey Chris,

Wanna buy mine? I want a Jeep Brute. HAHAHAHA.

Good call on getting the V8 - and 2013 is a good year. Mine is a 2013 Fuji White Lux, Arabica seats, HD, with black pack, and lots of extras! ::bigsmile::

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DavidW, 15 August 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

.... Literally her words/plan not mine….one of the million reasons I am the luckiest guys in the world.

Chris,

I may have asked this before ... but does she have a sister?

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
She does have a sister....i got the better deal.

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Good thing Graemes wife isn't here reading. Nice try.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Good thing Graemes wife isn't here reading. Nice try.

He could always have two! :-) (evil grin)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
Really who would want 2? 1 is always more than enough.

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Really who would want 2? 1 is always more than enough.

Tell that to my in-laws! :) It's all a pretty big headache.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer
Will be on the lookout. There are plenty out there so be patient. HD package would be a nice bonus. LR Rocklin is down the road from me so i could swing by to put eyes on vehicle before you drive up. Let me know. Beaver also has very good connections there.
2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Give her the CT, Doc. You need some time in something comfortable for once.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
My backside is more padded than yours Griff (along with every other inch of me) so my CT is pretty comfy. Also persistence pays off as we are most likely (98% certain) we are going to buy the one pictured. Long story but we have right if first refusal, already have financing cleared/set up, and are going to go drive it today and sign papers. Now in the interim it was sideswiped in a Starbucks' parking lot. Nothing too bad but is getting new door skins and maybe a tag on carfax (which will help us for final pricing). It does not have the HD package but is wired for towing. So when the CT is down (which is hopefully less but currently has a stalling issue from some bad diesel) I will still have a ride!

Chris KK6CQE

08 BMW 550i

GriffSC

GriffSC

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
Good to hear, including the side-swipe. That will definitely help with the deal. I look forward to seeing you and your rugged masculinity sitting comfortably in the lap of lux.

2008 Taco

Looking for next Rover

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

My backside is more padded than yours Griff (along with every other inch of me) so my CT is pretty comfy. Also persistence pays off as we are most likely (98% certain) we are going to buy the one pictured. Long story but we have right if first refusal, already have financing cleared/set up, and are going to go drive it today and sign papers. Now in the interim it was sideswiped in a Starbucks' parking lot. Nothing too bad but is getting new door skins and maybe a tag on carfax (which will help us for final pricing). It does not have the HD package but is wired for towing. So when the CT is down (which is hopefully less but currently has a stalling issue from some bad diesel) I will still have a ride!

Chris,

Are you getting the black one that the owner "supposedly" bought... or was there a white one you were looking a too?

-Erin'

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users