Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Resize text box overlaps emoticons on right side

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
I noticed today when writing the "save the date for the Annual" post, that when the text box is resized, the emoticons to the right don't move. So when the box gets stretched to the right the icons overly with the text. like this.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
::nuts:: Not here::amazed::

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,425 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

I noticed today when writing the "save the date for the Annual" post, that when the text box is resized, the emoticons to the right don't move. So when the box gets stretched to the right the icons overly with the text. like this.

I can confirm the same.

Looking at the code its layout comes from class 'smiliebox.floatcontainer'. It uses a relative reference but the page size has been artificially restricted to the width you see (if you have a large-enough screen, you can drag the browser window horizontally and the page will not increase in width (it simply adds whitespace to the left and right.) It's obeying the inherited size of the page (working as expected.)

I don't think we can fix this without A. removing the smiliebox to the right or B. re-coding the site to respect the width of the browser.

Removing the smiliebox isn't the worst thing though; up above in the editor is another way of accessing the smilies -- we could just leave that one in place and get rid of the right hand smiliebox.

Let me know if that's the direction we want to take.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
It's not that big of a deal. It's just something I noticed while writing that post. Resizing the text box is something I rarely do, and no one has had an issue with it yet. It's fine if we keep it the way it is, or remove it and use the other location.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

Justin

Justin

NCLR Marketing Director

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • 1991 Range Rover GDE
  • retired-1996 Discovery
  • sold-2001 Range Rover
Hmm.. Did some searching and it looks like more or less a vBulletin issue, It can be fixed although I'm afraid if we upgrade it may break other things in the process :X

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
Yeah, not worth the risk then.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com