Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Squeaking

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

UlisesRangel

UlisesRangel

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Well...I started to hear a squeaking sound as I was driving home. I jacked up one front wheel this morning, put in neutral and started to spin the wheel. Then I locked the diff...how much play should my front prop have? I check the rubber joints at the wheels, no tears from what I can see.

99 Rutland Red Disco II

2" OME HD coils, OME shocks, Tom Woods front drive shaft, CDL linkage, 265 75/16" Wrangler MT/R, Safari snorkel, D1 wiper arms

95 Alpine White RRC LWB

JFuller

JFuller

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
I know my DI has a silly amount of backlash combined between the transfer case and the front diff. I can get about 1/16th of a turn at the wheel. But everyone I have spoken to says that's about right.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Can you tell where it's coming from? Does it happen when you run over a bump, constant, under acceleration?

Try shaking the body in different directions. Could be a bushing.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users