Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Traction Jack (aka sand ladder)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
Cool! Thanks Jeff, I'll shoot you an email.
  • Cobra1951 likes this

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

NCLR Sponsor (Traction Jack)

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

When does the bridging version come? :P

We're going to work on some brackets to keep the product from folding so that it can be used for bridging but as it stands right now it is quite strong for bridging. Pedram also has a video on YouTube that he posted. Here are some pics from one of the editors at Toyota4WD Owner Magazine using his in North Cal.

o0QtdfW.jpg

o3DRR89.jpg

51f4v4w.jpg

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Cool! Thanks Jeff, I'll shoot you an email.

Sounds good I can put your order in with the UPS pick up if you order before 2:00 pm Mountain time :) :lr:

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery

We're going to work on some brackets to keep the product from folding so that it can be used for bridging but as it stands right now it is quite strong for bridging. Pedram also has a video on YouTube that he posted. Here are some pics from one of the editors at Toyota4WD Owner Magazine using his in North Cal.

o0QtdfW.jpg
o3DRR89.jpg
51f4v4w.jpg

I'd be interested in them with brackets for bridging. Right now I'm using fiberglass drops, which works well, but creaks unnervingly when supporting the weight of the vehicle. I may search for other options when I go to replace them.
  • Cobra1951 likes this
Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Hey folks hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to drop back in and say things are going great locally. I'm working with a large auto parts company and we're starting to sell to our electric companies, government construction contractors, fire departments, JOBE, Border Patrol, etc. Last week we did a demo for a government contractor and got their 35,000 lb dumb truck unstuck with the Traction Jack they loved em; I'd say the top compliments have been design, strength, made in the USA, and most importantly, they fold!

What are you guys waiting for! Here are some pictures of the recovery of the dump truck; they don't bend, buckle, crack, or anything even under that much weight.

woVtiL5.jpg

mJWVH2G.jpg

EmzgTu9.jpg

KpkiHj4.jpg

Shoot me an email if interested! gooffroad@tractionjack.com and for those of you waiting on other color options we should have some more end of September - mid Oct.

Edited by Cobra1951, 06 August 2015 - 05:08 AM.

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

One more thing, we're testing a relationship with a winch company called KingOne Winches. They have the #1 selling winch in Australia due to warranty, reliability, and functionality (www.kingone.com). We only have a few winches left and they need to sell before I can restock. Traction Jack has one sweet deal that is way too hard to pass up. We're selling the truck winches and throwing in a FREE Traction Jack set. Please note, we only have 2 ATV winches left that are synthetic rope.

12,000 lb winch w/ control box and remote: $799.99 now only $599.99 plus a FREE Black Traction Jack set

9,500 lb winch w/ control box and remote: $649.99 now only $499.99 plus a FREE Black Traction Jack set

3,000 lb winch w/ control box and remote (Synthetic Line): $299.99 now only $209.99 plus 50% off a Black Traction Jack set

3,000 lb winch w/o control box - w/ remote (Steel Line): $249.99 now only $189.99 plus 50% off a Black Traction Jack set

zjhSPA9.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Yeah I'm planning to test more in two weeks. I'll pictures.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  • Cobra1951 likes this

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Hey guys update to the winches, I've sold all but 4 and I want to get rid of them before I put another order in with the supplier. I have only one 9,500 lb winch left which is perfect for the rover seeing as they weigh about 4,500-4,700 lbs. I also have three, 3000 lb ATV/UTV winches left; 2 are cable spool and the other one is synthetic line.

I am going to let them go just around cost and you pay shipping via UPS ground.

9500 lb winch --> $290

3000 lb ATV/UTV winch --> $135

3000 lb synthetic ATV/UTV --> $165

Just shoot me an email at gooffroad@tractionjack.com. Also if you want to put an order in for a set of Traction Jacks send an email to the same address. Thanks guys!

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Wow....290.... That is awfully tempting....

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Pull the trigger Chad.

Mobile texter with some tappingtalkeršŸ“³

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Do it!  Then again, you'll need a winch bumper to go with it, so a bit more than just $290.

Still, it's a pretty good price.  Even the Harbor Freight 9000lb winch is $299.  

(fwiw I'm pretty sure my Smittybuilt is exactly the same as the HF, except it came with synth instead of steel line)

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,425 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Don't do it!!!

Long live the factory brush guard bumper...

1medium.jpg

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Don't do it!!!

Long live the factory brush guard bumper...

Both are possible.  The Blue Submarine (she ran again on Sunday!) has both, from new.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Any interest in selling the factory winch tray, Graeme?

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Any interest in selling the factory winch tray, Graeme?

No, but I believe Bearmach sells something similar.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Hey NCLR Club friends! Hope everyone is doing well and hope your annual was another success this year. I'm glad Traction Jack could make another appearance. I wanted to give everyone a little update as to where we are because I was recapping my difficult journey thus far and really appreciate everyone that has really supported my journey in growing Traction Jack so far (Pedram specifically). He gets a lot of updates and knows me because we chat and hes my friend on Facebook. If you have Facebook find Traction Jack (fb.com/tractionjackllc) or instagram @tractionjack.

Anyways, the first week of November was a huge success at the 2015 SEMA Show in Vegas. We took a truck build this year and had different colors of the product to show which I know some of you were interested in. I had companies and reps from all over the country, canada, europe, middle east, australia, etc visit us and get on the list to carry Traction Jack; some companies as big as HomeDepot, Autozone, British Atlantic again, etc. MaxTrax was down the hall from us and everyone talked about how expensive they were, how arrogant the owner was, and how bulky the product is. Our key marketing focus now is the "Made in the USA" fact, the price point which is about $100 less than Maxtrax, our folding capability, and our 1 year FREE replacement warranty after the 1st incident.

I remember starting Traction Jack when I was only 16 years old in high school and not knowing a thing about business. Now, after making connections, designing and refining the product, and getting it out there, its so satisfying to see how it's been helping people. I get messages ever so often from customers telling me how its saved them from the snow (just recently), mud troubles, deep sand when trailing, and more. I'm starting to get a great following with overland expedition groups, and guys in various states that really believe in the product/company. I've been working tirelessly the past few weeks to follow up on leads, get the product ready for the big market, and really expand our presence. I just got the magazine in the mail and 4WD Toyota Owner Magazine did an article and demo of the product. They absolutely love it so if you want to check it out at barnes n noble get the Nov/Dec issue. I've also worked with Jonathan Hansen of Overland Expo/Journal, JPFreek Magazine, Trucking Times Magazine, etc because I'm really trying to build our presence. I'd really like to do more with Land Rovers especially since I own one myself!

Anyways, enough chat I've added some pictures for you guys to see. I try to log on here regularly but you can get updates on FB, Instagram, or message me! I'd love to stay close with you guys and really, thank you for welcoming me into your community even though I'm out in Texas!

bcaPjag.jpg

ufv7qSI.jpg

wJjmamd.jpg

3O9iV4h.jpg

Cnj4hPc.jpg

YAwaDUS.jpg

6MLKGCj.jpg

• AlysonH likes this

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Here are the Rover pics!

ooPopRX.jpg

AhxdBRz.jpg

rysbW6E.jpg

PySGmAG.jpg

• AlysonH and RedRover like this

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
Great news Jeff and the new colors look awesome! When will they be available? Looks like you have purple, blue and green.
  • Cobra1951 likes this

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery
I'm interested in how well they work in snow. I hope someone brings a set to my Rubicon run in about a month.
  • Cobra1951 likes this
Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I'm interested in how well they work in snow. I hope someone brings a set to my Rubicon run in about a month.

(raises hand)

That would be me.....

Too bad nobody had them on the Lost Coast run last weekend since they did manage to sink a truck in the sand as well as some mud.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users