Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Traction Jack (aka sand ladder)

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery

(raises hand)
That would be me.....

Too bad nobody had them on the Lost Coast run last weekend since they did manage to sink a truck in the sand as well as some mud.

Nice! Now we need someone with Maxtrax, so we can compare my sketchy fiberglass drops against the traction jack and the Maxtrax. I see a YouTube video in the making.
Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Nice! Now we need someone with Maxtrax, so we can compare my sketchy fiberglass drops against the traction jack and the Maxtrax. I see a YouTube video in the making.

That would be Nick....

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB

That would be Nick....

Yes I have maxtrax and will bring them

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

NCLR Sponsor (Traction Jack)

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Great news Jeff and the new colors look awesome! When will they be available? Looks like you have purple, blue and green.

Hi Alyson,

Thanks a bunch! We're looking at ramping up production for more inventory again before the month is over! Will keep you in the loop. Our new colors actually include Black/Blue, Black/Lime Green, and Black/Red. The purple were customer painted for our show truck haha

• AlysonH and erinw.rrc like this

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I'm interested in how well they work in snow. I hope someone brings a set to my Rubicon run in about a month.

So the first picture on the other page which shows the frontier is actually a customer in Northern Cali who got stuck in the snow while skiiing. He sent me that picture last week saying thank you and that the Traction Jacks got him on his way again. The other snow pictures are from Northeastern Off Road Adventures School (NORA) in New York. The owner of the school did a thorough test with the Traction Jacks in the snow and was happy.

The last and most recent thorough test was from I4WDTA in Germany on a 2 week expedition. The results were that they out performed expectations. Here's what Jonathan Hansen of exploring overland had to say http://www.exploring...ompact-sand-mat

rdhpy7U.jpg

ykIMcxD.jpg

ZVyJpha.jpg

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Of course it's a Jeep getting stuck in the snow. I really like the traction jacks. Got myself out of a mess on slick rock. Parked over a log and then somehow jammed it between the two axles and frame. I was "logged in" there for a while. I'm sure Max tracs would of worked the same but I don't have the mounts or the cash for those. Even if I did I still pick the TJ'S over those. I know the owner. šŸ˜‹

Mobile texter with some tappingtalkeršŸ“³
  • AlysonH likes this

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS

Of course it's a Jeep getting stuck in the snow. I really like the traction jacks. Got myself out of a mess on slick rock. Parked over a log and then somehow jammed it between the two axles and frame. I was "logged in" there for a while. I'm sure Max tracs would of worked the same but I don't have the mounts or the cash for those. Even if I did I still pick the TJ'S over those. I know the owner.
Mobile texter with some tappingtalker

I'm trying to decide if and when I should replace my fiberglass things(shown in the annual video). I've heard over time the fibers begin to splinter and fail, so they probably are a wear item. The price was right though.
Tyler

Posted Image

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Tyler I would buy a set now. Jeff will hook you up. Even if you don't use it now, you will later. If you have doubts about your fiberglass tracs I would keep these as backups. If they fail and your still stuck then your stranded. These are worth your time. Jeff even has a full replacement for the first set of they do fail. And I think he mentioned something about discounted ones there after. Who else can touch that? And your going directly through the MAN himself.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Your fiberglass grates are strong and can be used for bridging, but they are HEAVY and you sure don't want to handle them without gloves or you'll be learning all about splinters.  And judging from the sounds they made when you did use them for bridging, I'm guessing they have a finite life in that service.

Don

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS

Tyler I would buy a set now. Jeff will hook you up. Even if you don't use it now, you will later. If you have doubts about your fiberglass tracs I would keep these as backups. If they fail and your still stuck then your stranded. These are worth your time. Jeff even has a full replacement for the first set of they do fail. And I think he mentioned something about discounted ones there after. Who else can touch that? And your going directly through the MAN himself.
Mobile texter with some tappingtalker

I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted, but I'm not sure if it's exactly feasible for me right now as a poor college student. I've also never been in a situation where I have been 100% dependent on recovery ladders, so if they fail, I can always winch out. I can sit here and play the "what if" game all I like, but there is a very low probability of me being in a situation where I am dependent on the recovery ladders, as well as having them fail. I think what I really need right now is a long winchline extension. Anyone planning on replacing their synthetic line anytime soon?
Tyler

Posted Image

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,953 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I'm sure we'll have more than enough recovery gear for this trip so no need to worry about that.  As for an extension I just did a quick search on Amazon and they're more expensive than I remembered - I was thinking I paid about $50 for mine but either my memory isn't so good or I got a screaming deal.

Maybe Santa will bring you one.  :)

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

As for an extension I just did a quick search on Amazon and they're more expensive than I remembered - I was thinking I paid about $50 for mine but either my memory isn't so good or I got a screaming deal.

Don,

That is what you told Michele you paid for it ....

Graeme

• RedRover and AdvRovr like this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS

I'm sure we'll have more than enough recovery gear for this trip so no need to worry about that.  As for an extension I just did a quick search on Amazon and they're more expensive than I remembered - I was thinking I paid about $50 for mine but either my memory isn't so good or I got a screaming deal.

Maybe Santa will bring you one.  :)

I'm not so worried about this trip. I would just prefer not to have to string 50 straps together again like on the Fordyce trip.
  • Cobra1951 likes this
Tyler

Posted Image

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
Jeff, I want a set of the blue ones. Let me know when they're available.
  • Cobra1951 likes this

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Jeff, I want a set, however, you'll have to tell me what color you painted the purple ones, because I want that color!  :)  Then I'll just buy a set of black or blue or something and paint it. 

• Cobra1951 likes this

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Would the paint stay?  I figure it's just for show -- once you actually used them, the paint would probably get munged.

• erinw.rrc likes this

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Would the paint stay?  I figure it's just for show -- once you actually used them, the paint would probably get munged.

You are probably right, but worth asking.  Otherwise, I'll take the blue one.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
They might just have cheetah spots when they are used.

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I'm not so worried about this trip. I would just prefer not to have to string 50 straps together again like on the Fordyce trip.

Well, Pedram is right, you don't want to wait until you need them. The cool thing is that they don't take up much space in your truck. Nothing really that is manufactured is invincible to everything and that is the point of our 1 year 1 time free replacement warranty. We've developed the Traction Jack with high quality materials but lets face it, some times we make mistakes as humans and will damage our stuff unintentionally. Even though it costs my company a little bit more to have such a warranty, I want my customers to know that they can have peace of mind when spending money with us that even if you break em we'll take care of you; which the other guys won't do.

Let me know if you want a set just shoot me an email at gooffroad@tractionjack.com and I'll take care of ya! :)

-Jeff

Cobra1951

Cobra1951

• NCLR Sponsors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Jeff, I want a set of the blue ones. Let me know when they're available.

Hi Alyson,

Sounds good! I have kept you in mind all this time and appreciate your patience :) We moved our tooling from Ohio down here to El Paso, TX and now we're working on getting set up with a facility to get production going again, and as a result, release the 3 new colors. I'll keep you posted but we should be closer to having things moving in the next 2 weeks! If you have any other questions in the meantime don't hesitate to reach out to me!

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users