Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looking to buy a LR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Chris' is a 2013. There isn't much difference between a 2010 & 2011 and with the 2012 & 2013. There some feature changes between 2011 & 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Wow, what a wealth of deep and detailed info on these trucks. Honored to be part of such a welcoming, and informative, group ;)

Cheers!!!

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

alpaca

alpaca

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
If you can't find a good deal locally - you might also want to look at the dealers in so. cal. When I bought my '06 sport - the JLR dealer in Newport Beach had some pretty good deals - much better than bay area - although you can still do better with private party if you can find one ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2006 RRS
2002 911

2003 E46
2008 C300

2015 Cherokee

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Couple questions-

car is a 2010 LR4. it has 67500 miles on it. last brake service was 37,800. does that mean they are just about ready to be replaced? how much does that cost on average for an LR4? could someone please post the LR4 maintenance schedule? i want to make sure i know what will be coming up so i can negotiate correctly. anything else that should be coming up that would be of significant cost? i don't have any record of ball joints or or anything suspension-related being replaced yet. the 15,30, and 45k services were performed.

thanks

Edited by ndamico, 11 December 2014 - 09:06 PM.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Couple questions-

car is a 2010 LR4. it has 67500 miles on it. last brake service was 37,800. does that mean they are just about ready to be replaced? how much does that cost on average for an LR4? could someone please post the LR4 maintenance schedule? i want to make sure i know what will be coming up so i can negotiate correctly. anything else that should be coming up that would be of significant cost? i don't have any record of ball joints or or anything suspension-related being replaced yet. the 15,30, and 45k services were performed.

thanks

My husband said that on his 2012 RR he had to have the brakes and rotors done at about 18k miles - it is recommended to have the brakes and rotors done at the same time. He said the cost was about $1100-$1200. Surprisingly my Volvo C70 was actually more money for brakes and rotors at $1500. The LR4 is a much heavier vehicle and, depending on the type of driving you are doing, more than likely the brakes will have to be changed sooner than a RR.

On this 2010, there is a possibility that the brakes were either done by the owner or by a specialized mechanic. Not all service stations have the equipment to report to Carfax as we found out by one our service shops that specializes in Land Rover - they told us that the reporting software and equipment is pretty expensive. I would ask the current owner when the brakes were serviced last and if you decide to purchase, request copies of the service records. I always keep all of mine, so when I sell a vehicle I can provide records that won't be on CarFax.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
Yes ours is a 2013 HSE LUX with the black pack (20 in black rims for which 2 are really scratched up, blacked out second row and rear cargo windows, full length roof rails, upgraded leather and the cooler box in the center console). I personally love to drive it. Technically it is my wife's car but it is comfortable, plenty of power etc. Don's run down pretty much sums it up. As for maintenance, they are a luxury car and you will pay for that title no matter how dirty you get it. One of the reasons we went with LR is because if this club. I knew we had the resources for me to do some of the repairs/maintenance myself but at the end of the day an oil change is still going to be more than $100. It will eat up brakes/rotors but i'm ok with that because those are designed to be replaced and they stop the beast pretty well. In the end if you are truly worried about costs these may not be the ones for you but if you love it the cost are irrelevant. The smile on your face is priceless!!

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Couple questions-

thanks

You can find a maintanence schedule in Roverparts.com for the LR4. It is a little aggressive maintenance schedule but covers most part of the maintenance history. Brakes and rotors are not very expensive to buy compared to a luxury vehicle of this kind size and weight. If you can DIY then its very less or find a independent mechanic who can do it you can buy the parts. Mine is a LR3 and i started doing my own maintanence without much prior experiencebut with the help of this forum can accomplish a lot.

Mostly at your miles i think it is a regular oil, filters(air, cabin, oil) change and probably steering and coolant flush. I think rear Differential(if HD) and Transfer case fluids are due around 75K.

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Well everything worked out. I think we did pretty well on the price. I have a stack of maintenance records. It is a 2010 HSE Lux HD with 67k on it. Original owners took very good care of it. They were only selling it because they have a 2015 lr4 on order.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Well everything worked out. I think we did pretty well on the price. I have a stack of maintenance records. It is a 2010 HSE Lux HD with 67k on it. Original owners took very good care of it. They were only selling it because they have a 2015 lr4 on order.

Good job! I knew that silver one was a great, great deal! You never find one that cheap at a dealer... even a 2010. Congratulations! We expect to see lots of pictures.

As Chris says, "Pics or it didn't happen!"

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Here she is at home!

Anyone know the best place to buy IIDTool?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ndamico, 12 December 2014 - 04:15 PM.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Congrats on the new addition! HSELUXHD? Sounds like every bell and whistle available! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

I think you are based up near Sacramento but if I am wrong or you are on the Peninsula on the 18th, there is a "Peninsula Chapter" monthly dinner that night and you are welcome to attend. You may be the club's "newest member" by then as well ;-)

Congrats again and hope to see you down the trail,

Tom

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
hi,

yes we are located in Sacramento. thanks for the offer.

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE
Congratulations. Have fun unlimited.

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Congrats on the new LR4!

There's also a Wrenching Day at British Recyclers (near Sacramento), next Saturday the 20th, if you'd like to tinker around and meet some other NCLR members.

Give this a look over for LR4 maintenance schedule.
https://www.driversi...63348-1719782-0

Found this video of a special menu in the LR4's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shop3VzEmX0

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Congratulations - looks good in silver ... almost as good as grey ;)

For the GAP tool, I went with Lucky8. They've been a club supporter as well as generally supporting the community a lot, so I like to throw them a little business when I can. Atlantic British would be another good source.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
^^ good call on the wrenching day B. I knew something was happening up there soon but couldn't think of when where to post. Well played sir!!

Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

@TomOwen

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Congratulations on the new LR4 - looks awesome! I bought my GAP IIDTool (bluetooth) through Gap directly, but that was back when I was a beta tester. As Don said, Lucky8 is a great place. I can't sing the praises of this tool enough and the support is amazing!!!

Looking forward to meeting you - nice having another LR4 in the NCLR line up :)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
the only issue i've noticed with the truck so far is a clunking in the front end when i go over bumps. My first guess was bushings, but i thought that was more of an LR3 issue than LR4? it only does it when you hit sudden stuff like potholes or something that is rather rough. does that sound like anything obvious? if my schedule permits we will come out to the wrenching day. where is the info on that?

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Thanks, but that only works for 2012-2013. my menu looks different :(

appreciate the effort though

Congrats on the new LR4!

There's also a Wrenching Day at British Recyclers (near Sacramento), next Saturday the 20th, if you'd like to tinker around and meet some other NCLR members.

Give this a look over for LR4 maintenance schedule.
https://www.driversi...63348-1719782-0

Found this video of a special menu in the LR4's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shop3VzEmX0

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Wrenching Day is at British Recyclers, 3636 Omec Cir, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742. Meeting time is around 10 am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users