Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looking to buy a LR

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Erin now has a twin.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

the only issue i've noticed with the truck so far is a clunking in the front end when i go over bumps. My first guess was bushings, but i thought that was more of an LR3 issue than LR4? it only does it when you hit sudden stuff like potholes or something that is rather rough. does that sound like anything obvious? if my schedule permits we will come out to the wrenching day. where is the info on that?

Sounds like either sway bar bushings or lower control arm bushings. Both are common wear items mostly due to the weight of the trucks. The LCAs are often just replaced as a whole unit instead of just doing the bushings. You can find videos of the job on youtube.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Are either terribly difficult to do? i would think the LCA's would require a lift and alignment?

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Don will know the answer to that question after next Saturday.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Are either terribly difficult to do? i would think the LCA's would require a lift and alignment?

Like Brenton said, that's part of what I'm doing this Saturday.

The LCA bolts have a habit of seizing to the point where some people just cut the arms off the truck and replace the bolts as part of the process. I'm not expecting that for two reasons. First, we live in a low-corrosion area with low humidity and stuff just doesn't rust up like the mid-west, NE, or SE. Second, my LCAs were replaced about a year ago. They aren't bad yet, but I got the poly bushings as part of a set so I'll go ahead and do them at the same time. Actually, they'll be the last thing on my list to do so I may not get to them but you'll be able to get a good look at them all the same.

The swaybar bushings are simple but tough to get to as the bushings are up above the frame. A real PITA to reach.

A lift is certainly a good thing though I don't have one. I'm glad Justin volunteered his - my back is already thanking him!!

Don

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
What time would be best to show up on Saturday if I'm gonna stop by?

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Likely 10-2 for the max number of people around. 10 is listed as the official start time though I'll try to get rolling earlier since there's a lot to do. I'll certainly run past 2, but some people may not have the whole day to stop by and could leave before.

Don

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Ill have my toddler with me and will be there for about an hour. Planning on coming at 11. Hopefully someone can diagnose my clunky front end so i can fix it next week when i put the compos on.

Nick

My Rover Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users