Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Intro: New Member, New Rover, Glutton for Punishment

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Hey guys! I needed more complication in my life, so I bought a 20 year old Rover. I think that should do the trick.::bigsmile::

Anyway, I'm Chad. I've had a couple P38s and I'm also responsible for saddling my brother with an old Disco I. The P38s were always my wife's daily drivers so we didn't do much besides forest roads and such. I've been wanting to more, and decided a Land Cruiser would be far too reliable to get the real feeling of adventure.

This RRC popped up on craigslist that ran, drove, and was even registered and smogged for $700. I called the guy within a half hour of the listing going live and went right over and bought it. Paid $600 and it even still had (mostly) functioning EAS. She's got a few kinks to work through, but she'll be the start of our family trail rig.

So..... All that to say, I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys and hitting the trails. Cheers.

Posted Image

Edited by E36 Phantom, 02 February 2015 - 09:07 AM.
Attachments not working...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Nice! That truck wasn't in the Sacramento CL a few months back was it? There was a cheap RRC that I really should have picked up to stash as a future project but I hesitated and it was gone...

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
The license plate numbers look different, but you were not by chance on the 205 Friday morning?

On my way to Shaver, I saw this. But, was running late and trying to catch up, so didn't flag the driver down.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Congrats on a great find and Welcome to the Club!!

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Thanks guys.

Don, she's been a San Francisco car all her life. She was bought new in the city and that's where I got her, and I even have the Passport to Service with all the stamps from the LR dealer there. Actually, I have almost all the documents, including the salesman's cards and the radio code cards and supplemental manuals in the leather folio. Only missing the main owners manual and the window sticker. I was really floored to see all that on a 20 year old car for that price.

Wasn't me, Mike.

Oh, location - I'm near Tracy. Work in Pleasanton so I'm in the Bay Area quite a bit though. I love going up in Stanislaus and El Dorado forests, so hopefully there will be some runs up there soon once the trails re-open.

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Interesting. There is a bunch of us in the Livermore/Dublin/Pleasanton area as well. And we should start a club converstation about the Carnegie Tesla project as well too. Could be time to get out and help..I'd like a OHV park for rigs in the area!

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
I've been watching that on & off. They're a bit late on the draft GP but I'd be surprised if they open up any new opportunities for us. They seem to be leaning just towards more dirt bike trails. Frank Raines has some stuff in Patterson though.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Interesting. There is a bunch of us in the Livermore/Dublin/Pleasanton area as well. And we should start a club conversation about the Carnegie Tesla project as well too. Could be time to get out and help..I'd like a OHV park for rigs in the area!

Sherry from Cal4 was our guest speaker at the Annual last year and she was talking about Carnegie and what we can do to help. She would be a great resource for information.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Welcome Chad. It's great to see so many new members this year. There's a MORG up north this Saturday. More details on another thread. MORG= monthly off road gathering (every first Saturday of each month). That's where we haze in new members and sacrifice pigs blood on virgins.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Welcome Chad. It's great to see so many new members this year. There's a MORG up north this Saturday. More details on another thread. MORG= monthly off road gathering (every first Saturday of each month). That's where we haze in new members and sacrifice pigs blood on virgins.

Pedram is delirious because his wife is about to give birth to their first born and he's already not sleeping.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

Oh, perfect! It's been almost 4 months since the last time I sacrificed a virgin and I've been starting to have withdrawals. Does the club supply them or do I need to bring one? :D

Congrats on the kid. I've got twin 3 year old girls and a boy on the way. You'll never sleep again in your life, so enjoy it while you can.

2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
So I hear. I think you already sacrificed your own virginity to your twins. Good God sir. I should be blessing you. I want twins but my body can't say the same. Thank you though. I'm excited. Nothing will keep me from that.

But really, we need virgin blood..... (Slow building Evil laughter).

You will have fun. We do need to break that Toyota thing out of you though. Been there done that.

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

So I hear. I think you already sacrificed your own virginity to your twins. Good God sir. I should be blessing you. I want twins but my body can't say the same. Thank you though. I'm excited. Nothing will keep me from that.

But really, we need virgin blood..... (Slow building Evil laughter).

You will have fun. We do need to break that Toyota thing out of you though. Been there done that.

Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday, I don't want to make a 300+ mile trip in an untested $600 Land Rover. I'm going to pencil in the one for March, though - are there any details on that yet?

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
We have a club calendar. It has every event listed with as much detail as possible. I think it's on the main page at the bottom somewhere. Things have changed here the past few months and I'm still trying to figure them out myself. I'll do best to help.

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,425 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Unfortunately I can't make this Saturday, I don't want to make a 300+ mile trip in an untested $600 Land Rover. I'm going to pencil in the one for March, though - are there any details on that yet?

Hey Chad; our next event in March is scheduled to be in the Sacramento area. The plan of record is Prairie City SVRA, but seeing as it's a relatively small OHV park for 4x4s we are tossing around other ideas near that region of California. As Pedram commented, keep an eye on the calendar [link provided here] for what's coming.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
$700 for a RRC?!?! How did I miss that! Congrats man! I'm in livermore and my dad's RRC is parked here on a semi permanent basis.

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

I don't want to make a 300+ mile trip in an untested $600 Land Rover.

Nice score on $600 RRC

Welcome Chad!

Invest on the shop manual; ebay has one w/starting low bid: http://www.ebay.com/...d0bfd5e&vxp=mtr

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Welcome to the club! Your new RRC is great - awesome price. I have a 2013 Discovery 4, though I decided that I would leave it to Pedram in my will. :)

This is a great group of guys and gals... you will love it. I'm kind of crazy and they like me :)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Welcome to the club! Your new RRC is great - awesome price. I have a 2013 Discovery 4, though I decided that I would leave it to Pedram in my will. :)

This is a great group of guys and gals... you will love it. I'm kind of crazy and they like me :)

David we don't like you we love your crazy self

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

David we don't like you we love your crazy self

Awww, you guys are too kind! :)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users