Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Intro: New Member, New Rover, Glutton for Punishment

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

This is a great group of guys and gals... you will love it. I'm kind of crazy and they like me :)

David,

You're the most normal person I know ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

David,

Graeme

Wow, that's says a lot. A real lot.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

David we don't like you we love your crazy self

Awww, you guys are too kind! :)

Get a room, you two. :P

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

get a room, you two. :P

hahahahahaha!!!
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

David,

Graeme

^^ Doesn't get out much... :-)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

^^ Doesn't get out much... :-)

I'm with Tom.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
That was your hint David.... We need a "David goes wheeling" day.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

That was your hint David.... We need a "David goes wheeling" day.

If the group goes to Frank Raines on Saturday I'm heading there too! :)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Frank Raines is fun. You be back there later. Watch for brush. There are some tight trails there. You will see it coming easily so don't be afraid to go there.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Frank Raines is fun. You be back there later. Watch for brush. There are some tight trails there. You will see it coming easily so don't be afraid to go there.

Thanks, Pedram! It's not that much further than Hollister, so more do-able this Saturday for me than CM.

So you are saying I will find it easy? ;)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
David, I was saying you love it there. It's different. Plus you share the trails with everything from a guy on a dirt bike to ATVs. It's open to all. And it's new to this club.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

David, I was saying you love it there. It's different. Plus you share the trails with everything from a guy on a dirt bike to ATVs. It's open to all. And it's new to this club.

Sounds very cool! Looking forward to it.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,415 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4
Yep -- keep an eye on the Feb MORG thread -- we're watching the storm system make its way through and if South Cow Mountain is closed or conditions would be unpassable/unsafe, we will drop to Frank Raines (assuming it too isn't rained out.)

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
Hi and welcome! Great looking RRC, especially getting runner that clean at that price. Can't tell a lot from the one pic but it looks like a '94 SWB...?

I have quite a few parts in stock, including few off-road goodies, especially if you plan to ditch the EAS and go to springs.
NCLR087

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Oops. Didn't realize how light I was on details until you mentioned that.

Yes, 94 SWB County. 163k miles. British Racing Green on tan interior. Overall good shape. EAS works to the extent that it will fill the bags and self level and maintain ride height but it has a soft fault right now that I need to clear. I have a dedicated garage laptop for my BMWs that also I'm setting up with EASunlock and want to keep EAS functioning. I also need to replace the gear shift switch as it doesn't know what gear its in and gives me a CEL with code 69 and keeps the t-case selector solenoid locked. Beyond that, seems pretty solid. I'm very interested in off-road goodies that are cheap. Not looking to add $1000 bumpers and such at this point - that's a ways down the line.

You guys suck. I made other commitments this Saturday since I didn't want to make the long trek to Cow Mtn. I would have absolutely been at Frank Raines if you went there instead. Figures...... ::cheesy::

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

TigerDan

TigerDan

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • North of the North Bay
  • KO1RVR
  • 1991 Range Rover
  • 1995 Defender 90
  • 1961 Series 2 88"
  • 1994 RRC SWB
  • 1994 RRC LWB
The t-case shifter problem is most likely due to a bad solenoid. Very common for these to go bad, you can remove the solenoid fairly easily (getting to it is the fun part!) It doesn't care what gear you're in, as long it's not in Park, it should unlock. I believe the solenoid is controlled by a micro switch inside the shifter housing, if you remove the shift knob and shifter bezel you should be able to see it. The gear selector switch is a simple on/off switch on the tranny that is basically the Neutral Safety Switch but also tells the ECU that you're either in Park/Neutral or Drive/Reverse. These don't often go bad but it's certainly possible. I have a couple. Will the engine start in gear, or have you tried it?

I do know a few people who swear by the EAS, most of them swear at it and then switch to coils. Kudos for keeping it working as long as you can! I've never actually driven an RRC with EAS. I have two '94s. a SWB and a LWB as well as three '95 LWBs. All five were originally EAS trucks that were converted to coils before I got them. And I've done a couple of conversions for other people who gave up on the EAS after it just got too expensive and problematical to keep working. One was a '95 that had good air springs, a new compressor and good valve block but had so many electrical faults with the system that he finally gave up on it.

My '94 LWB is also BRG (known as Brooklands Green) one of my favorite colors.
NCLR087

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,415 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

You guys suck. I made other commitments this Saturday since I didn't want to make the long trek to Cow Mtn. I would have absolutely been at Frank Raines if you went there instead. Figures...... ::cheesy::

I wouldn't worry much about it; Frank Raines is getting enough rain this weekend as well that the Feb. MORG may either be canceled or rescheduled. Keep checking the Feb MORG post for the latest info...

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

My '94 LWB is also BRG (known as Brooklands Green) one of my favorite colors.

Dan,

You have more trivia than me ... so, do you know whether Mosswood green was only on Brooklands edition LSEs, or was it available on other 1994 vehicles? I prefer the mosswood to the Brooklands green, but you would have thought the Brooklands Edition would have been Brooklands green ....

Graeme

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,415 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

...was only on Brooklands edition LSEs...

I'd never seen/heard of this special edition, so thanks for mentioning it! Found some photos -- the updates on the front and rear bumpers are interesting!

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

I'd never seen/heard of this special edition, so thanks for mentioning it! Found some photos -- the updates on the front and rear bumpers are interesting!

From memory (and mine isn't that good) they were dealer fitted options. The Brooklands body kit was, I think, fiberglass. But all of the "official" ones were Mosswood green, unless anyone knows otherwise ....

I don't even know if any ended up in the USA. Just like the three-spoke chrome wheels on RRCs which were a US dealer thing (never direct from LR), these may have been UK only ....

Regards,

Graeme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users