Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Intro: New Member, New Rover, Glutton for Punishment

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Just like the three-spoke chrome wheels on RRCs which were a US dealer thing

So the US dealers are to blame for blinging-out those pedestrian-looking wheels with chrome? Why does that not surprise...

Posted Image

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

Dan,

You have more trivia than me ... so, do you know whether Mosswood green was only on Brooklands edition LSEs, or was it available on other 1994 vehicles? I prefer the mosswood to the Brooklands green, but you would have thought the Brooklands Edition would have been Brooklands green ....

Graeme

Is this part of the Grey Poupon script? Like quoting Monty Python or something?? :-)

Edited by TomOwen, 05 February 2015 - 01:19 PM.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

So the US dealers are to blame for blinging-out those pedestrian-looking wheels with chrome? Why does that not surprise...

Posted Image

-Jared

Los Angeles area specifically ;-)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Is this art of the Grey Poupon script? Like quoting Monty Python or something?? :-)

Charlie Croker: "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Eh, hold on, that was Michael Caine ... but it was close ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

The t-case shifter problem is most likely due to a bad solenoid. Very common for these to go bad, you can remove the solenoid fairly easily (getting to it is the fun part!) It doesn't care what gear you're in, as long it's not in Park, it should unlock. I believe the solenoid is controlled by a micro switch inside the shifter housing, if you remove the shift knob and shifter bezel you should be able to see it. The gear selector switch is a simple on/off switch on the tranny that is basically the Neutral Safety Switch but also tells the ECU that you're either in Park/Neutral or Drive/Reverse. These don't often go bad but it's certainly possible. I have a couple. Will the engine start in gear, or have you tried it?

I do know a few people who swear by the EAS, most of them swear at it and then switch to coils. Kudos for keeping it working as long as you can! I've never actually driven an RRC with EAS. I have two '94s. a SWB and a LWB as well as three '95 LWBs. All five were originally EAS trucks that were converted to coils before I got them. And I've done a couple of conversions for other people who gave up on the EAS after it just got too expensive and problematical to keep working. One was a '95 that had good air springs, a new compressor and good valve block but had so many electrical faults with the system that he finally gave up on it.

My '94 LWB is also BRG (known as Brooklands Green) one of my favorite colors.

I'm not ruling out bad solenoid, but I think the solenoid is getting bad info right now. The red indicator always shows Park and I get CEL 69 with the associated engine "hiccup" on the freeway, so I assume that the switch that tells the ECU what gear its in is bad. I thought I'd read that the tcase solenoid only allowed you to move it with the trans in Neutral, and it was locked in all other gears.
The engine starts in Park and does not start in Drive. I haven't tried it in any other gear - I'll give it a go tonight, wonder what will happen in Neutral.

The paint tag shows Brit Racing Green. I thought Brooklands was some special edition or something...

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Small update - the truck starts in P & N, and does not start in any other position, so that's good.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

Small update - the truck starts in P & N, and does not start in any other position, so that's good.

I think that's normal right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users