Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 wheels on an LR4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4

Did you use the 1" or the 1.25" spacers? And did you use the hubcentrict to vehicle or hubcentrict to vehicle and wheel centrict to wheel?

Also, did you have a shop do everything? Or just the calipers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1.25mm spacers . I bought the spacers from someone on expo portal and thus have no info except re size... I think they are hubcentric to vehicle and wheel centric to wheel. I would give them a call... They must have an idea what other LR order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • ROVRMAN2 likes this

HAM KK6VIL / 2011 LR4 HSE - BFGs 265/65R18, LR3 wheels with 30mm spacers, terrafirma hidden winch mount with superwinch 9.5 SR, IIDTool, baja roof rack with ladder, TR rock sliders, TR gas tank and transfer case skid plates, rigid industries D2 driving lamps, OEM front A bar, Kaymar rear bumper (double swing), Long Range Automotive aux fuel tank, Green Oval lift and air suspension override etc. etc. etc.....

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Just to let you guys know.... You only need to test fit wheels on before you grind anything. Make sure you can spin your tires freely without any rubbing. If you rub then you can check to see what's touching and where. Then decide what to do next. This way you didn't damage anything permanently.

I have used wheel spacers before. I think they were 1.5" and I never had any issues. People who complain about them don't really understand them.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Do you think I should consider using something like this as well?

Four Uprated Ride Height Sensor Rods For 2.5 Inch Lift

And should I also consider the IID Tool or both?

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
The one Michal got was the best choice for those.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

1.25mm spacers . I bought the spacers from someone on expo portal and thus have no info except re size... I think they are hubcentric to vehicle and wheel centric to wheel. I would give them a call... They must have an idea what other LR order

Did you add Ride Height Sensor rods?

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
I installed them.

I think that are the green oval brand. $80~

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4
I got the rods from green oval in Australia. They are much better than anything else than I have seen as they have three different heights and thus you can run the rods at a normal height and then switch them to off-road or extreme off-road whenever needed.

HAM KK6VIL / 2011 LR4 HSE - BFGs 265/65R18, LR3 wheels with 30mm spacers, terrafirma hidden winch mount with superwinch 9.5 SR, IIDTool, baja roof rack with ladder, TR rock sliders, TR gas tank and transfer case skid plates, rigid industries D2 driving lamps, OEM front A bar, Kaymar rear bumper (double swing), Long Range Automotive aux fuel tank, Green Oval lift and air suspension override etc. etc. etc.....

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,965 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Erin (@Erin?)

I'd say you could get away with just rods but the best setup is the rods (I run the ones you linked to above) AND the GAP tool. While you can change ride height with the tool, the rods + tool gives you the most adjustment and you don't have to get under the truck to change things, just push some buttons on the dash.

I think the GAP tool is a must-have for these trucks. I don't think you have to spend the extra for the Bluetooth verion - I did and have never used the BT functionality. It's pretty easy to use just on the steering wheel buttons. It may or may not give you enough lift for your tire size by itself; it varies from truck to truck how much lift you can get depending on how the sensors are bolted to the frame...and given Land Rover's incredible attention to detail on that front, it can be fairly different! Some people can go 80mm and some only 50mm.

I'd say get the rods - you don't need the adjustable ones (unless you really want them), fixed are fine - then you can fine-tune with the GAP tool up/down.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I am very curious how this goes, but I know a few LR4 folks who used spacers or drilled out the wheels instead of spending the large amount of money on Compomotives. They have had no problems at all and do the trick just fine.

At least Erin has lots of help from this group! :)

Erin, are you going to run at 2.5" lift full time? As I mentioned, I have the same rods as Michal and only did a 30mm lift with my IIDtool, don't want to run lifted full time. If I went with bigger tires, I would need a permanent higher lift.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I am very curious how this goes, but I know a few LR4 folks who used spacers or drilled out the wheels instead of spending the large amount of money on Compomotives. They have had no problems at all and do the trick just fine.

At least Erin has lots of help from this group! :)

Erin, are you going to run at 2.5" lift full time? As I mentioned, I have the same rods as Michal and only did a 30mm lift with my IIDtool, don't want to run lifted full time. If I went with bigger tires, I would need a permanent higher lift.

I'm not going to run 2.5" all the time. Just want to adjust the EAS appropriately for the bigger tires.

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Do you guys know if my lug nuts on my current 19" rims will fit on the 18" LR3 rims? I'd rather not have to buy new ones since they are around $200.00 for a set of 20

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4
They do fit

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
I've been emailing back and forth with Lenny at Motorsport Tech and he says the BORA off-road spacers are just as good as the Motortech Sport ones.

They are little less expensive... any thoughts or anyone with experience with the BORA brand?

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

I've been emailing back and forth with Lenny at Motorsport Tech and he says the BORA off-road spacers are just as good as the Motortech Sport ones.
They are little less expensive... any thoughts or anyone with experience with the BORA brand?

That needs some explanation because I thought BORA was just their brand name ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

That needs some explanation because I thought BORA was just their brand name ....

Graeme

Adaptec and Bora are two lines made by Motorsport Tech as they were acquired by Motorsport Tech last year.

Edited by erinw.rrc, 05 February 2015 - 03:12 PM.

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
So... I think I have everything on order that I need. If I'm missing anything let me know.

Wheels and wheel center caps
Off-Road Lift Kit
Spacers
IID Gap Tool

Still have to order tires... but will wait until the wheels get here.

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

Michal C

Michal C

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • San Rafael, CA
  • KK6 VIL
  • Discovery 4

So... I think I have everything on order that I need. If I'm missing anything let me know.

Wheels and wheel center caps
Off-Road Lift Kit
Spacers
IID Gap Tool

Still have to order tires... but will wait until the wheels get here.

Looks good!!!! Then Baja Rack for the top and you are covered :)

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Looks good!!!! Then Baja Rack for the top and you are covered :)

My credit card seems so empty!

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,965 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

My credit card seems so empty!

I'd think it would feel heavy, what with all the debt it's carrying ;)

Will we see you tomorrow in the LR4?

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I'd think it would feel heavy, what with all the debt it's carrying ;)

Will we see you tomorrow in the LR4?

I don't think Michal answers to LR4, you have to say Discovery 4.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users