Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 wheels on an LR4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I'd think it would feel heavy, what with all the debt it's carrying ;)

Will we see you tomorrow in the LR4?

I guess I'm a glass half empty kinda person. Yes, I will bring the LR4, not sure if Jared is coming though so I'll probably be coming solo with Alyson in tow. Which means, you're in charge.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Don, that reminds me... the AB website wasn't clear, but are the Off-road lift rods for both the front and rear? Or do I need to order another set?

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I guess I'm a glass half empty kinda person. Yes, I will bring the LR4, not sure if Jared is coming though so I'll probably be coming solo with Alyson in tow. Which means, you're in charge.

I am saving this message as proof that men are in charge.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I am saving this message as proof that men are in charge.

You better watch yourself.

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

You better watch yourself.

EVIL GRIN!!!
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

EVIL GRIN!!!

I'm still in charge of the convey going to the OHV you know!

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I'm still in charge of the convey going to the OHV you know!

Yes... Let me know the details. I'm 90% sure I'm going, but I want to avoid dangerous mud trails.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Yes... Let me know the details. I'm 90% sure I'm going, but I want to avoid dangerous mud trails.

I will know in the morning if the part is closed. Also, Don has an empty seat in his truck, so you could just drive up there, park and ride with someone else. The park is fun when it's wet, I took my Disco4 and we did mostly trails that I could handle.

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I will know in the morning if the part is closed. Also, Don has an empty seat in his truck, so you could just drive up there, park and ride with someone else. The park is fun when it's wet, I took my Disco4 and we did mostly trails that I could handle.

Oh no I want to drive of course, I guess I just did want to be on crazy hills with mud that were dangerous. I had a close encounter that makes me nervous. I'll just stick with you on the trails. :)

Feel free to text me once you know and I can meet you. I haven't heard from my buddy that usually joins me, though it depends on his wife. Rolls eyes.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

My number: 860-908-8040
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account

My credit card seems so empty!

How can you put a price on love?

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Wait - you're putting me in charge AND you're telling David not to worry that it will all be fine?

I sense a disconnect here somewhere....

Time to see if I can find any sort of map I guess!

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Don, that reminds me... the AB website wasn't clear, but are the Off-road lift rods for both the front and rear? Or do I need to order another set?

You're good - one set covers both front and rear.

Don

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Wait - you're putting me in charge AND you're telling David not to worry that it will all be fine?

I sense a disconnect here somewhere....

Time to see if I can find any sort of map I guess!

I personally think we are in excellent hands with Don. :)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PWw600H7bg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wait - why didn't that embed?

Oh well, here's the link:

Don

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover
Another question... David and Michal, do you have the Tire Pressure Sensors in your larger tires? If so, can I use the ones I already have or due to increased tire size do I need to purchase new ones? I know Don said I really don't need them, but since this will also be my daily driver, I'm thinking it would be a good a idea.

If I need to purchase some, where do I get them?

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Doesn't American tire carry those?

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Doesn't American tire carry those?

Not sure.

Hey can you check with your friend on the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 in LT265/65R18? Load rating E? I know America's Tire carries that brand.

Otherwise, I'll have to get LT275/65R18, but hoping for one size smaller.

Perhaps he can hook a girl up? :)

Erin W.
IMG_1172.JPG

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Another question... David and Michal, do you have the Tire Pressure Sensors in your larger tires? If so, can I use the ones I already have or due to increased tire size do I need to purchase new ones? I know Don said I really don't need them, but since this will also be my daily driver, I'm thinking it would be a good a idea.

If I need to purchase some, where do I get them?

That's a good question. My stock TPMS did not work on my Compomotive wheels, I had to buy new ones. Though, I think that was a remnant of having the black design package because the TPMS units were different in my 2011. If your current units do not work, which I think they will, then you can get them from TPMS direct, though we know that work with Compomotives. I know many tire places do not stock the TPMS and they need to be ordered online or through the dealership (don't do that). Since you have LR3 wheels I think your current sensors will work fine. They sense a minimum below the stock pressures, so you are fine - no need to calibrate or anything. If they fit when you install then they will work... With mine, they couldn't even make the seal.

As for the Coopers, are they E rated? I thought the BFGs were he only LT tire in that size with E? Though I haven't looked lately.

Text me if you have questions.

-David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Not sure.

Hey can you check with your friend on the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 in LT265/65R18? Load rating E? I know America's Tire carries that brand.

Otherwise, I'll have to get LT275/65R18, but hoping for one size smaller.

Perhaps he can hook a girl up? :)

265/70R18 is the size with LT in the Cooper, not 265/65R18.

You may not need to rub lifted and trim if you go with the 265/70?

What do others think?
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users