Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Working to achieve video nirvana [test]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4
<video width="800" height="450" controls="controls" preload="auto"><source src="http://www.1070maryann.com/video/IMG_1690.mp4" type="video/mp4" /> </video>
Test video : Direct from iPhoto, .MOV format, high bit rate

<video width="800" height="450" controls="controls" preload="auto"><source src="http://www.1070maryann.com/video/IMG_1690a.mp4" type="video/mp4" /> </video>
Test video : Export @ 720p from QuickTime, medium bit rate

<video width="800" height="450" controls="controls" preload="auto"><source src="http://www.1070maryann.com/video/IMG_1690b.mp4" type="video/mp4" /> </video>
Test video : Export @ 480p from QuickTime, low bit rate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBut5Bjsl64
Test video : Export from iMovie to YouTube - vBulletin YouTube link embed

Edited by RedRover, 08 February 2015 - 10:31 PM.

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
No joy

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
i get the second and third videos but first and last are a no go.

Scratch that, refreshed the page and now i can see the last video.. so only the first one is a no go

Also, just for giggles I loaded up internet exploder and it shows the last three videos but the third one is flipped. In chrome all three are right side up..

Edited by psykokid, 08 February 2015 - 11:03 PM.
can see last one now..

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Thanks guys. I was still working on the Youtube one. I hadn't enabled public yet... should show up now.

I'm thinking Tapatalk doesn't want to have anything to do with HTML, so in order for videos to show up, they require the use of the video embed function of vBulletin.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
First video doesn't load anything. The last 3 play correctly.

iPad mini running Chrome

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Scratch that, refreshed the page and now i can see the last video.. so only the first one is a no go

Also, just for giggles I loaded up internet exploder and it shows the last three videos but the third one is flipped. In chrome all three are right side up..

This is something interesting that Graeme had noticed -- apparently the orientation of the phone at the time of record is what causes it. I like to hold the phone opposite of where 'right side up' is, apparently. Some applications account for it and auto-flip the video while others do not. VLC 2.1.5 on the Mac does something similarly.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
No, No, upside down, no, using Windows 8 and Firefu**s 35.0.1

Non, no, no, no using Android something or other ...

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

No, No, upside down, no, using Windows 8 and Firefu**s 35.0.1

Non, no, no, no using Android something or other ...

Graeme

Interesting -- Graeme, have you ever been able to view YouTube videos? The last video in the post is a Public YouTube post but you list it as 'No' for both Win 8 and Android... that's a bit concerning because I would have figured that YouTube works on almost all platforms.

Thanks

Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

psykokid

psykokid

SCLR Club Member

• SCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
On my 1st gen MotoX running Andriod 4.4.4 with Chrome I only get the Youtube Video.

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

On my 1st gen MotoX running Andriod 4.4.4 with Chrome I only get the Youtube Video.

Yep. If Graeme had wrote that, it would have made complete sense to me -- no surprise that the MPEG-4 codec I'm using isn't compatible with Android/Chrome but surprised he couldn't view the YouTube -- thanks for the feedback, I'm going to probably be posting a new set for testing here later this evening.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Interesting -- Graeme, have you ever been able to view YouTube videos? The last video in the post is a Public YouTube post but you list it as 'No' for both Win 8 and Android... that's a bit concerning because I would have figured that YouTube works on almost all platforms.
Thanks

Jared,

I just checked again and have no, no, upside down, yes, with the Win8 and no, no, no, yes with 4.1.2 Andriod on a Droid Razr XT912.

I think I was probably connected to my son's router when I checked this last night, and that blocks Utube "out-of-hours".

Found out the other day that I can actually watch almost any video with the installed codecs, but sometimes on this machine the sound is missing. Uploading the files to Google drive (which I hate) allows all of them to come through with sound. I think the difference is that Google drive does things server side, as I guess does YouTube.

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Jared,

I just checked again and have no, no, upside down, yes, with the Win8 and no, no, no, yes with 4.1.2 Andriod on a Droid Razr XT912.

I think I was probably connected to my son's router when I checked this last night, and that blocks Utube "out-of-hours".

Found out the other day that I can actually watch almost any video with the installed codecs, but sometimes on this machine the sound is missing. Uploading the files to Google drive (which I hate) allows all of them to come through with sound. I think the difference is that Google drive does things server side, as I guess does YouTube.

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme;

That makes much more sense. ::amuse::

I am about to post some new video tests using a more standardized codec package that hopefully will work for Windows & Android as well.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

Graeme;

I am about to post some new video tests using a more standardized codec package that hopefully will work for Windows & Android as well.

-Jared

You guys are so techy..... I just go to my computer and watch.

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Graeme;

-Jared

I almost posted, but every time the finished product came out, it was upside down. I will need to add a step in the process to do a 180° rotate and try again.

-Jared

Jared (KJ6MQI)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users