Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

2015 San Mateo expo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
So this coming weekend is the annual truck fest at San Mateo. I was thinking of going if anyone is interested. Parking should be $10 a vehicle and free admission. If your interested in buying parts and excessories, this would be a good time. They always do this around tax season so they get your money.

http://www.4wheelpar...-jeep-fest.aspx

Hours are from Saturday 21st 10 am to 4pm and Sunday from 11am to 4pm.

1346 Saratoga Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403

Who wants to go?

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
Hello Pedram,

I will be away up north on Saturday all day, but definitely planning to go on Sunday in the afternoon. When are you going?

Regards, David
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Morning sounds good.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Morning sounds good.

I am coming back from Platina, CA in the early morning, so I can keep you posted via text. I hope to be home before noon - it's about 3 hours away.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
What's hidden there David? More family? Any trails?

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

What's hidden there David? More family? Any trails?

I am actually working with Don to set up a weekend up there to hit the trails and do some shooting. I have a friend that owns land up there (80 acres), but this particular trip I am going to be visiting some in-law family friends in the hills of Red Bluff. I hope to escape for a couple hours on Saturday and head to Platina to look for some trails and do some shooting, though I won't have a lot of time.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
The following weekend I will be in UT, specifically: 985 Juniper St Hildale, UT 84784

If you do a google map street view you can see it's kind of a crap hole.

It's the big unfinished house there in the distance. You see, a lot of people don't actually finish the outside of their homes because then you have to pay taxes. Lots of huge houses that look like they are under construction. Same thing on the Arizona side down the street.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

So this coming weekend is the annual truck fest at San Mateo. I was thinking of going if anyone is interested. Parking should be $10 a vehicle and free admission. If your interested in buying parts and excessories, this would be a good time. They always do this around tax season so they get your money.

http://www.4wheelpar...-jeep-fest.aspx

Hours are from Saturday 21st 10 am to 4pm and Sunday from 11am to 4pm.

1346 Saratoga Drive
San Mateo, CA 94403

Who wants to go?

Are you guys going on Sunday? I'm interesting in going, I'll ask Jared if he wants to go.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004
Wanted to go, but just reviewed the itinerary for the weekend and yet again, shut out. Probably cheaper for me...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Are you guys going on Sunday? I'm interesting in going, I'll ask Jared if he wants to go.

I might go Saturday afternoon.
There won't be anything Rover specific but there's bound to be something to check out.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I might go Saturday afternoon.
There won't be anything Rover specific but there's bound to be something to check out.

Are you thinking after our place you're going to stop on your way home?

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
It seems to be the same catalog stuff the past few years I've been. but I am hoping they have broadened a bit to include a little more overland related products beyond tour guide services and off-road clinics. A buddy of mine wants to go get some bolt-on stuff for his Jeep and I think we'll head over on Saturday as well... likely mid morning...

Will keep an eye out for Rover Peeps....

Tom

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Don there's the CO2 tank there. Lighting as well.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Are you thinking after our place you're going to stop on your way home?

Possibly. It depends on when we finish and if Michele is up for it.

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Don there's the CO2 tank there. Lighting as well.

No CO2 tanks for me, though I may do an on-board air and sell off the Viair portable I have now. It works fine, but since I only use it in one vehicle I don't need a portable so much. I'm also interested in the ARB Intensity lights, or similar, but not at the crazy cost they're going for. I might consider a Chinese knock-off at 1/4 the price.

Don

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
All the stuff is there to fondle and the manufacturer reps to chat with, which is cool ;) I found the pricing to be about 10% off the catalog/web/retail pricing. For example, my Hi-Lift was cheaper from Amazon Prime than blow-out pricing at the show.

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,149 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Amazon Prime is a dangerous thing. I've placed 27 orders already just this year.

I'm weak. I may need a 7-step program.

Don

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
Like Tom mentioned, your better off buying things on line but this is the best time to check things out in person. Plus they compete with most websites. So if you find something you want to buy they price match or do better. It's better to ask these guys in person since most are direct distributors. And your not forced into any decisions. If you go Saturday and get price quotes your allowed to keep the price for a month longer if you're not ready to commit.

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
Just 27 orders Don? Yeah come to my house. I have literally built another house out of the boxes from Amazon Prime shipped here. Amateur status at 27

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
You've just been upgraded to Amazon Senior. Prime is for noobs. They have their own club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users