Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

2015 San Mateo expo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Just 27 orders Don? Yeah come to my house. I have literally built another house out of the boxes from Amazon Prime shipped here. Amateur status at 27

Well, it's up to 30 now. That's averaging a order about every 1.7 days or so.

Getting rid of all the boxes is a problem....my recycle bin is only picked up every other week and it's constantly overflowing.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I have ordered 56 things from ebay and 20 from Amazon ;)
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Just this year? Wow, I really am an amateur!

I'll have to step up my game.

Don

El Solis

El Solis

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
Yeah 52 since Jan 1. But there are 4 of us in the house.

Chris KK6CQE

CT110 Himalayas Pre-Scout Truck
08 BMW 550i
2013 Discovery 4, Black Pack, NCLR sticker as only modification….for now
1963 Jaguar MK2 3.8 litre

ROVRMAN2

ROVRMAN2

NCLR011- Rupert

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • KJ6IOF
  • 2005 LR3 HSE
  • 2004 DII HSE (deceased)
  • 2003 DII HSE (deceased)
The U.S. government and China wishes to thank the above for lowering the unemployment rate and increasing the (un)balance of payments.
2005 LR3, sliders, ARB bumper,Superwinch X9,Front Runner roof rack,OME ladder,
100w PV,aux battery,M416 camper trailer, RTT, LED lightbar, Green Oval lift rods.
AlCan,Dalton,Edgerton,Top of the World,Cassiar,Baja Sur Highways approved.

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
My thread so I can post what ever..... Got my mechanical baby today....Posted Image

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Welcome home. Weld up mounts for the car seat ;-)

Just got back from Truckfest... Kinda meh... All jeep stuff, rock crawler and accessories.

Edited by TomOwen, 21 February 2015 - 03:08 PM.

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
With your welder? I'll pass. My welder will burn sheet metal like an aluminum can in a hot bonfire.

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
I went yesterday, I was there for 20 minutes and ended up talking to a guy and his wife with a brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. He wants to get a Baja Rack. Plus, he said none of the Wrangler guys would give him the time of day.

I bought 5 of the BFG AT KO2s and got a good deal. They won't be available until April 2015 and then mine might be up for sale. :)

I also bought the same CO2 air up kit that Pedram got last year.

The ARB guys were complete bumbleheads, so unfriendly. I will have to tell you guys what they said to me when I see you. Don, you will love it.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Oh, now you're going to keep us in suspense?

Don

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1
Spent some.time with the arb guys too... They were swamped and not handling it well. The 50qt fridge was $832 and it's $872ish on amazon. $24 for tie down kit and $30 for Hi-Lift lift mate. Not huuuge savings and not a lot of expedition stuff... My $.02

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified
Spill the dirt! Spill the dirt!

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
OK, so last year I talked to the ARB guys - the older guy with the moustache mostly, and they were the same ones that were there this year. Last year I was asking them about fitting their front winch bumper to an LR4 and they completely brushed me off and said, "well it might fit, we don't know. People with Land Rovers don't off road". I showed him the product ID on their main website, and that it was made for the Disco 4/LR4. He said, well ok, then buy it and try it out. He was not helpful at all and just kind of walked away. He basically only wanted to talk about the ARB fridge or their air compressors.

So, yesterday when I went, it was actually about an hour from closing so they were both sitting there playing on their cell phones. They were not busy at all. I told him that I talked to him last year and showed him that we were able to fit the ARB bumper to an LR4 and that they should consider updating some of the instructions. He kept saying, oh well we don't have a demo model and basically said to me, "oh that's good for you, did you pay someone to do it?". I also asked him about the air lockers for the LR4 and he said, "oh we don't have any plans to make them for rovers, sorry". I told him, um, the front ones are just about out and showed him the website. He just shrugged and said OK.

I understand that they don't get rovers much, if at all, but still they should know their product line. It's not rocket science. I just found them completely rude and dismissive.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1
Nice...I hate it when reps are that bad.

Reminds me of working the Miami boat show (biggest in the country) a few years ago and I decided to go over and check out the Albin display as we were a dealer for them even though I was there for another brand we handled, Viking Sport Cruisers. When I got there, the factory rep, Craig, was literally asleep at the booth while people randomly wandered around. I woke him and asked a few questions to which he knew no answers.

Did I mention that Albin went under a few years after that?

Don

Guest_Pedram_*

Guest_Pedram_*
  • Old/deleted account
David, you should write ARB a letter about this. I'm sure they will do something about it. They are a pretty big corporation to just let their flying salesman talk this way about their own products. This is supposed to help sales not push away future ones.

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

David, you should write ARB a letter about this. I'm sure they will do something about it. They are a pretty big corporation to just let their flying salesman talk this way about their own products. This is supposed to help sales not push away future ones.

Pedram,

I'm not sure there is much they'll do .... read some of the U.K. boards and you'll see that ARB have practically killed themselves in the diff-lock market due to their poor service. What do you expect when you get a bunch of convicts to build Land Rover parts ....?

Regards,

Graeme
  • RedRover likes this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Pedram,

I'm not sure there is much they'll do .... read some of the U.K. boards and you'll see that ARB have practically killed themselves in the diff-lock market due to their poor service. What do you expect when you get a bunch of convicts to build Land Rover parts ....?

Regards,

Graeme

I agree. They are kind of a nightmare to talk to on phone as well. Too bad we are so limited by options here in the states.
Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)

Disco12

Disco12

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

My thread so I can post what ever..... Got my mechanical baby today....0221151039a_zpsexgruce0.jpg

Pedram your Discovery Reminds me of Another Discovery I've seen around the central Valley Area. It's Way up there like yours :D ;)

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Pedram your Discovery Reminds me of Another Discovery I've seen around the central Valley Area. It's Way up there like yours :D ;)

Jarell,

He could drive under yours ....

Hey, where have you been?  Long time no see.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

Disco12

Disco12

NCLR Guest

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Jarell,

He could drive under yours ....

Hey, where have you been?  Long time no see.

Graeme

Hello Graeme I have been around but mostly in Central Valley I reside in the Valley. It definitely has been a while I think the last time I saw you was in Fremont as the Chervon gas station a few years ago. and Yes haha my Rover is quite "tall" Pedram once he saw mines he fell in love with the lift height. His Disco is exactly one inch under mine! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users