Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3 Door Lock\latch Change

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Teds

Teds

WJ6SPK

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • 2001 Range Rover
  • 2006 LR3
  • 2009 M1101 trailer

I found out the drivers door latch wasn't working properly the other week when I opened the 'locked' door before my wife unlocked the doors. The alarm went off but we could not lock the door from the remote, inside button or manually. It made sounds like the mechanism was working but just didn't work. After searching the web, sounds like this is a common problem with 05 to 07 models especially. Bought a new latch from Rocklin LR and tackled it last night.

Not a technically difficult but a pain in the rear eating to the cable releases. There are good instructions on the web so I won't go over the whole job but I was able to do t without removed the window regulator completely. Be careful not to torque the cable to the inside door latch like I did when removing the latch mechanism.

Check your doors because it could have been broken for months without us knowing.

2001 Range Rover SE - SD rack, Warn XD9000CE, front axle guard, steering guard, sliders, ladder, coils, 33in KM2s
2006 LR3 SE - ARB bumper with Superwinch EP9, roof rack, Sasquatch Rods

Phil.

Phil.

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • KO6RRS
  • 2006 Range Rover Sport
  • 1995 Defender 90 SW

agreed. had this same issue with my RRS a few years ago. the rear passenger side would unlock from the remote/central locking but it wouldn't lock (though the alarm would arm). however, you could still open the door from the outside. used the online write-ups/youtube videos and it was a pretty easy job. FWIW this is a common problem in BMWs too.

2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White D90 SW #317/500
nclrclub.jpg
jeepsuvlandroverbanner.gif

NCLR014

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Thanks for the note - I'll have to check on mine this weekend.  I know last weekend my rear hatch latch started acting a bit sticky at camp and I figured with my luck it would fail completely so I couldn't get to my stuff.  I gave it a quick shot of WD40 and it was OK for the trip, but I'll have to replace it before it does fail.

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users