Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Group Buy For Winch Bumper, Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders

- - - - - Group Buy Winch Bumper Land Rover Discovery II

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

Ron, I feel like a wimp ordering this with all of the winch bumpers, but how about the TD5 t-stat for the D2? I think every D2 owner should be running this instead of the factory one. It's 180*, and according to my ScanGauge, the normal engine temp went from 224* down to 190*. For reference, the temp gauge starts to rise (from 3 o'clock) at 240* and illuminates at 260*.

http://www.roversnor...?code=PEL500110

I need a spare and figure there are enough D2 owners who could benefit from this part as well. I've tried to order this through Cerrone's, LR Redwood City and Atlantic British. None of them can find it in the system. Rovers North is the only place, to my knowledge, that carries it. If they can get a discount for a certain number ordered, great!

1. Thermostat D2 180 Degrees Farenheit

2. LR Genuine Part PEL 500110 or RN Model # RNQ028

3. D2 (any model year)

4. San Francisco

5. Anytime

Edited by Disco2Guy, 05 May 2015 - 08:35 PM.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Ron, I feel like a wimp ordering this with all of the winch bumpers, but how about the TD5 t-stat for the D2? I think every D2 owner should be running this instead of the factory one. It's 180*, and according to my ScanGauge, the normal engine temp went from 224* down to 190*. For reference, the temp gauge starts to rise (from 3 o'clock) at 240* and illuminates at 260*.

I need a spare and figure there are enough D2 owners who could benefit from this part as well. I've tried to order this through Cerrone's, LR Redwood City and Atlantic British. None of them can find it in the system. Rovers North is the only place, to my knowledge, that carries it. If they can get a discount for a certain number ordered, great!

Brenton,

Well, since this has become a commercial thread, RoverWare can get an aftermarket version for you for $26 and should (pending stock) be able to get genuine for $52.  We do have to charge CA tax.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

Ok folks I am excited to announce that we have the attention of Mark Letorney, owner of Rovers North, and Simon Butcher, Co-President of
RTE-Welding and Fabrication.

Hey if you can save $200-300, that well covers your $100 NCLR dues.

Again if you are interested in RTE and/or products sold thru Rovers north, post up:
1) What Item e.g. Front Winch Bumper
2) What Brand e.g. Terrafirma
3) Your LR year and make e.g 04 DII
4) Your Location e.g. San Jose
5) Your timing for the purchase e.g. Flexible or ok to purchase as soon as May 30th

Ron, do you know if this covers other items from RTE or just the biggies? I may be interested in the 2" body lift for RRCs if that fell under the discount as well. (Yes, I do notice this is for members only :) )

Tentatively speaking...

1a) 2" RRC Body Lift

1b) Maaaaaybe a rear bumper. Not sure yet.

2) RTE

3) 94 RRC SWB

4) Central Valley or East Bay

5) Flexible

Edit...Graeme, I didn't know you sold items. Do you have a website? 

Edited by E36 Phantom, 05 May 2015 - 11:52 PM.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Damn why did you guys start this a month ago. I just bought a TON of stuff from rte. I dont think ibhave anything else to get from them. Btw simon said they have lr4 bumpers now... just have to ask.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Damn why did you guys start this a month ago. I just bought a TON of stuff from rte. I dont think ibhave anything else to get from them. Btw simon said they have lr4 bumpers now... just have to ask.

I know ha! But I just thought about it recently while contemplating keeping the stock bumper or front winch bumper for my DII. Maybe there's
something else (big ticket item) you need for your RRC Build-up from RTE or Rovers North!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

1. Thermostat D2 180 Degrees Farenheit
2. LR Genuine Part PEL 500110 or RN Model # RNQ028
3. D2 (any model year)
4. San Francisco
5. Anytime

Excellent idea Brenton but appears Graeme can get it for less than Rovers North; I'd suggest you or he can start a new thread gauging interest.
I'd get one a genuine one for $52 + tax.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
Just to be clear folks, I am not earning a penny from RTE or Rovers North from this deal.

It's about a member like myself who wants to buy a big ticket item and decided to organize a group buy, and vendors like
Rovers North who are willing.

Also Rovers North has been a supporter of our club by way of donating gift certs and merchandises for our annual gathering raffle in the past
several years. If you know of other vendors who wants to support NCLR, please bring it up to our DA or Director of Affairs Tom Owen.

Cheers!

Edited by RON CT110, 06 May 2015 - 12:57 AM.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Ron, do you know if this covers other items from RTE or just the biggies? I may be interested in the 2" body lift for RRCs if that fell under the discount as well. (Yes, I do notice this is for members only :) )

Tentatively speaking...
1a) 2" RRC Body Lift
1b) Maaaaaybe a rear bumper. Not sure yet.
2) RTE
3) 94 RRC SWB
4) Central Valley or East Bay
5) Flexible

Edit...Graeme, I didn't know you sold items. Do you have a website?

I am thinking big ticket items (items over $300) and heavy item to ship. So the lift you're thinking qualifies a big ticket item.
Want me to add your 2" body lift for RRC on the group buy list?

This group buy doesn't work for small ticket item e.g. $15 lower spring retainer from RTE; I think members can get this own their
own and have it shipped regular mail.

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)

Excellent idea Brenton but appears Graeme can get it for less than Rovers North; I'd suggest you or he can start a new thread gauging interest.
I'd get one a genuine one for $52 + tax.

I want one too, genuine. Unless someone is using the after market and finds it works better.

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery

I think I'm going to get my fuel tank skid from Graeme as well, along with my locker, and my heavy duty CVs.... I am going to owe my soul Graeme before Fordyce.

Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

Nick,

Do you know if there is a link that shows what the RTE bumper looks like?  I'd want to see a picture first.

-Erin

EDIT: I just went to their website and the LR3 bumper is pretty aggressive, so if it's anything like that, I'm sticking with the ARB bumper.  It looks the best IMO.

Edited by erinw.rrc, 06 May 2015 - 08:30 AM.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I would be interested in the lamp guards front and rear also - available at Rovers North.

BTW, I didn't see the ARB bumper available on Rovers North, so unless they can get it, not sure if it can be part of the buy.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB

take a look on their facebook page.  that's where i saw it.

Nick,

Do you know if there is a link that shows what the RTE bumper looks like?  I'd want to see a picture first.

-Erin

EDIT: I just went to their website and the LR3 bumper is pretty aggressive, so if it's anything like that, I'm sticking with the ARB bumper.  It looks the best IMO.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB

do any of these guys sell baja racks? 

Nick

My Rover Pics

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

I want one too, genuine. Unless someone is using the after market and finds it works better.

Ok, I'll start a new group buy thread and will see if we can work something out with Graeme. Even if we can't get a price break ($52 is already great in my book!) I want to get these for anyone interested.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS

Ok, I'll start a new group buy thread and will see if we can work something out with Graeme. Even if we can't get a price break ($52 is already great in my book!) I want to get these for anyone interested.

Gotta see if we can save on that shipping between San Carlos and SF...  :)

• AlysonH likes this
Tyler

Posted Image

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

I was going to walk down there. Cheaper than gas.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I don't see it on the Rovers North website, but I could be interested in an ARB CKMTA12 dual compressor depending on price.  My best OTD right now looks like $491  

I do have to take some measurements first to be sure it will fit where I want to put it, but I'm fairly sure it will.

Of course, if any of you have one you want to sell....?

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS

Why do you want the dual compressor? When I talked to Will over at Sierra Expeditions, he told me that the High Output compressor is more than enough to fill up the size tires I run (33s). The main advantage of the dual compressor is resistance to heat while filling up 37s or larger. While he said that the other compressor is twice as fast, the price difference was too much to make it worth it. After his speech, I ended up with a High Output compressor, and while slow, it does the job just fine. If I was looking to air up tires quickly, I would probably mount a CO2 tank somewhere on the vehicle. This is just my $.02 as a DII owner, I'm not sure about using one to pump up the suspension on a Discovery 3 or 4.

Edited by lilcrawler, 06 May 2015 - 07:46 PM.

Tyler

Posted Image

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

I don't see it on the Rovers North website, but I could be interested in an ARB CKMTA12 dual compressor depending on price.  My best OTD right now looks like $491  

Don,

Have you looked at the Viair constant duty set-up?  About $320 plus tax from Walmart (but don't let that frighten you).

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users