Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Carnegie Needs Our Support Tonight

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

City Council meets tonight May 18th in Livermore to decide whether to support or reject the expansion of Carnegie (OHVR), This expansion would allow for more vehicular trails rather than mostly motorcycles, therefore, another playground for us.

It is REALLY important to show up if you are a Livermore resident and let the coucil members know that you reside and vote in Livermore.

I'll be there at 7 PM and will bring the family too.

Meeting is at 7:00 PM, 3575 Pacific Ave.

Hope to see you there!

Enrique

• Disco2Guy, RedRover, yarrover and 2 others like this

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
I hope the meeting went well.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
How did the meeting go Enrique?

I read in the original draft plans the following:

2.7.5 FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES

As described previously, most visitors come to Carnegie SVRA to ride off-highway motorcycles; however, there have been longstanding
desires for an SVRA that would serve users of other OHV types. State Parks has tried to accommodate 4WD recreation with development
of the 4x4 challenge area. Most of the original Carnegie SVRA is too steep for 4WD vehicles and ATVs. The expansion area provides
an opportunity to provide recreation opportunities for users of other types of OHVs like 4WD vehicles...

The expansion area also provides an opportunity for State Parks to educate visitors about the natural and cultural resources.

As I am reading this, most go to Carnegie SVRA to ride off-hwy motorcycles because that's what place is setup for and allows
on its trails; And yes, I would visit the park if an expansion accommodates 4WD vehicles. Be a great place for SF Bay Area residents
to be less than 1 hr to OHV 4WD recreational area, and perhaps venue for vendors e.g. ARB and local clubs e.g. NCLR, and dealerships e.g. Land Rover in
Livermore to sponsor 4WD driving skills courses and education on tread lightly yet enjoying the outdoors... We have Hollister (thank
goodness) but it's 2 1/2 hours away for folks like myself who lives in Contra Costa/Alameda County.

Edited by RON CT110, 28 May 2015 - 12:19 AM.

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

Unhappy to report that the city of Livermore voted 3-2 against the expansion for the park.  It was pointless (almost) to even attend as two may be even three of the council members had already made their mind up on which way they were going to vote months in advance (according to another city council member, who called the whole thing (public hearing) a sham). 

There was a large number of people in support of the expansion and many representatives of various Off-Road organizations such as Corva, Blue Ribbon Coalition, AMA and others. I requested to speak and was on the cue but the meeting was dragging on and on and I had a meeting at 9pm with a prospective client. Got the final report from another friend that attended.

So, as of right now I'm not sure where it stands and if the State will push with the expansion regardless of the city of Livermore.

It is still important for us to write to our State senator and/or other representatives to let them know we support the expansion of Tesla Park in Livermore.

Here's an address:

California State Parks

Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division

℅ AECOM; attn. Carnegie General Plan

2020 L Street, Suite 400

Sacramento, CA 95811

also, Visit CORVA california off road vehicle association   www.corva.org 

• RedRover likes this

Enrique
KI6QBY

1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

That's terrible news. Did you happen to see Sherry Stortroen? I would expect her to have been there since she's been involved with this fight for decades. I'll ping her and see what the other options are. Thanks for the update Enrique.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
That is a bummer. Its not often things like that can expand. Hopefully they can override the city.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

That is a bummer. Its not often things like that can expand. Hopefully they can override the city.

The city doesn't actually have jurisdiction over the project as it's outside city limits. However, it's within their sphere of influence so their official position on the plan carries some weight as an indication of stakeholder support of the EIR and GP. But just the city council cannot stop the project on their own. Ultimately, it's the state that makes the decision to proceed or not.

That said, more support is always better and it's a shame to see it went this direction.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

From what I understand, the project is 2 miles outside their sphere of influence, so the whole participation is a sham.

Much less that Mayor Marchand is not really looking at the opportunities that could be leveraged in the off road/exploration community business growth.

• erinw.rrc likes this

Just enjoying my time traveling at the Speed of Adventure.

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

Really? I had been told that Livermore defined it's SOI all the way out to the county line to encompass the wineries and farms in planning. If that's incorrect, then I can't imagine why they're getting involved. 

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

Really? I had been told that Livermore defined it's SOI all the way out to the county line to encompass the wineries and farms in planning. If that's incorrect, then I can't imagine why they're getting involved. 

http://www.acgov.org...i_Livermore.pdf

Livermore has a smaller SOI

http://www.co.alamed.../larpd-Reso.pdf

LARPD has a much larger one.

From what I understand of the meeting, one of the council members called it a waste of time as the city is a by standard.

Just enjoying my time traveling at the Speed of Adventure.

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

From what I understand, the project is 2 miles outside their sphere of influence, so the whole participation is a sham.

Much less that Mayor Marchand is not really looking at the opportunities that could be leveraged in the off road/exploration community business growth.

Bingo!

All recreation users that purchase gas in the State of California "PAID" for the vast majority of Tesla Park. Because Tesla Park is
public state park land, it is important that "WE" ask “What is the Best Public Use for this park land?”

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Bingo!

All recreation users that purchase gas in the State of California "PAID" for the vast majority of Tesla Park. Because Tesla Park is
public state park land, it is important that "WE" ask “What is the Best Public Use for this park land?”

Ron et al,

And before we fall into the Tree-Huggers' trap .... there is no Tesla Park.  At no time, ever, as far as I have been told and have researched, has this land been a park, but by calling it "Tesla Park" it makes it look like the a tranquil park is being taken over by a load of noisy vehicles .....

We need to remember that Tesla was a commercial mining town, clay and sand were extracted for several decades.  Coal was actively extracted and the use of it was encouraged.  It is industrial land polluted and desecrated over the decades!

The Tesla land was purchased in the late '90s specifically to expand Carnegie SVRA.  The money used was part of the budget for OHVs.  There has never been, and if we campaign correctly, never will be a Tesla Park.

Try not to use the word "park" as that is what is holding this up.  "Save Tesla Park" sounds good, unless you know the history.  Trying to "save" something that doesn't exist.

Regards,

Graeme

Edited by GraemeWare, 20 May 2015 - 06:02 PM.

• AlysonH, RedRover and DHappel like this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Ron et al,

And before we fall into the Tree-Huggers' trap .... there is no Tesla Park.  At no time, ever, as far as I have been told and have researched, has this land been a park, but by calling it "Tesla Park" it makes it look like the a tranquil park is being taken over by a load of noisy vehicles .....

We need to remember that Tesla was a commercial mining town, clay and sand were extracted for several decades.  Coal was actively extracted and the use of it was encouraged.  It is industrial land polluted and desecrated over the decades!

The Tesla land was purchased in the late '90s specifically to expand Carnegie SVRA.  The money used was part of the budget for OHVs.  There has never been, and if we campaign correctly, never will be a Tesla Park.

Try not to use the word "park" as that is what is holding this up.  "Save Tesla Park" sounds good, unless you know the history.  Trying to "save" something that doesn't exist.

Regards,

Graeme

Good points all around.

• DiscoChef likes this

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
I associated it with State "Park"; I think Tesla Land would be more appropriate; good point Graeme.

Whatever it's called, if anyone wants to get involved, Here's another opp:

What: The Carnegie SVRA Preliminary General Plan and Environmental Impact Report for the Tesla Expansion has
been released for public comment. Comments are now due June 29th.

WHERE: CORVA is holding a Comments Project workshop on May 31st, at the La Quinta Inn Livermore. It will be an
event, and everyone will leave the day with at least an outline written, if not their comments finished!. This
will be the opportunity for all the passion people have for Carnegie, and their stories about Carnegie, to be
presented in a very meaningful manner.

See attached flyer.

Attached Files

Edited by RON CT110, 23 May 2015 - 05:42 PM.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

Got this email last night.

California Off Road Vehicle Association is sponsoring a workshop to teach our Carnegie Expansion stakeholders how to write the kinds of comments needed to facilitate the much needed expansion. CORVA is good at this. We have trained many " Friends Of"  groups and have made the difference is success or failure in the retention of our riding places.

Carnegie SVRA will more than double in size and opportunities, for off highway motorized recreation with this expansion. Today's park is "epic" for expert riders. The new park will offer the same world class opportunities for side x sides, 4x4s, sand rails and less experience riders, along with more special event areas, camping, etc. It is long overdue, especially considering OHV dollars purchased the land back in the 90's.

We need you behind us.

Can you help sponsor this workshop (AND send an attendee?). At this point MotoMart at Carnegie is sponsoring the venue (La Quinta Livermore, March 31st). Wicked good snacks are providing….SNACKS, Elevated Action Sports has stepped up to provide something as well.

What we need: lunch (Costco Pizza or sandwich platters would be fine), morning coffee and doughnuts, drinks (water and lemonade maybe), pads and pencils (maybe with your product name?), raffle prizes.

Diana Mead, Team UnLimited Racing
AND President, California Off Road Vehicle Assoiciation
925-639-4581

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

We need you behind us.

Can you help sponsor this workshop (AND send an attendee?). At this point MotoMart at Carnegie is sponsoring the venue (La Quinta Livermore, March 31st). Wicked good snacks are providing….SNACKS, Elevated Action Sports has stepped up to provide something as well.

What we need: lunch (Costco Pizza or sandwich platters would be fine), morning coffee and doughnuts, drinks (water and lemonade maybe), pads and pencils (maybe with your product name?), raffle prizes.

Brenton,

If it isn't outside the scope of our charter (which I don't think it is) can I propose a motion that NCLR sponsor this? Can't be more than $300-400 and maybe we know a caterer that could help? (cue:Enrique)

It would be great if someone could go along and take minutes, then post here.  Unfortunately, I can't be there (I assume it is May and not March?)

To me, it is to support things like this that the club exists .... and charges a good membership fee.

Regards,

Graeme

Edited by GraemeWare, 22 May 2015 - 09:35 AM.

• AlysonH likes this

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

You beat me to it Graeme! I even thought of asking Tepui if they want to get involved. 

Mexxis will contribute with part of the cost, shall the club decide to sponsor lunch.

• AlysonH likes this

Enrique
KI6QBY

1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

Yes, this is a great opportunity for the Club to show it's support as a sponsor. I will start a discussion with the BoD and see what we can do.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,739 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
It's the same event on the attached flyer; definitely I'd support this Brenton. And thanks Enrique for Mexxis support.

I can get our local stationary to supply standard BIC brand black/blue pens, and pads; even better if we have paper/pads
with the NCLR logo, or perhaps Redwood City LR can donate pads w/LR logo?

Edited by RON CT110, 23 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

I will send an email to LRWC to see if they have any stationary to lend.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users