Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Carnegie Needs Our Support Tonight

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

Email sent to Paul B. at LRRWC about supplies and possible raffle prizes. Diana got back to me last night:

Good morning Brenton!

When one rushes and one is a person of a certain age, May…March pretty much the same thing! NOT. 

May 31st is the date. We will begin at 9 am. La Quinta in Livermore. Although this will be my first workshop, and I have copied the experts, I understand we will be taking some liberties with this class to make it as attendee friendly as possible. Hence the raffle, a great lunch, a local venue a child friendly environment and a group with an objective in common, realize the expansion of Carnegie into a world class OHV park. 

The contribution of Mexxi's is HUGE and we are so excited to have you on board. 

Some stickers, for the kids pack that I just thought of, would be great and attendee's would be perfect, absolutely perfect. 

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

astateofmike

astateofmike

Traveling at the Speed of Adventure

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 1988 Range Rover Classic
  • NCLR 004

Have her reach out to the 4x4 Shop in Livermore too..I bet they would want a presence.

https://www.facebook...rmoreCa?fref=nf

Just enjoying my time traveling at the Speed of Adventure.

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

Oh yeah, good call!

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

Here's what Sherry had to say about the meeting:

Brenton,  I've been fine, but busy, mostly good busy.  Thanks for asking.  How have you been?    
The Livermore City Council meeting of May 18, was blatant show of "bought for" government.  I believe your member was correct in stating that the decision was previously made.   If you are interested in hearing the entire Council meeting, go to:  citylivermore.net than go to View council meetings on TV30.   About 1 hr. 45 minutes into the meeting the Motion was made and passed 3 to 2 to oppose the expansion of Carnegie SVRA.    

How to move forward......First the city of Livermore has NO jurisdiction over the existing Carnegie or the expansion.  It would have been nice if Livermore could have supported the expansion.  

Please encourage your members to read the Draft EIR, comments due by June 29, 2015.    Part of the OHMVR Division's mission is to acquire land and enhance OHV recreation opportunities.    Comments should be nice, not angry.   I know my comments will include a remaindered that an SVRA is much more environmentally sound for nature, plant and wildlife, and whatever else I can think of.  Also, this process since the purchase of the new properties has been going on since 1996-97, and the laws and regulations haven't become any more OHV friendly.    There is NO TESLA PARK, never use this.   This is a made up name by people who want this State area for non-motorized recreation use.  NEVER.   Comments should encourage the State to move forward with the expansion, and that OHV users have waiting long enough.    Well, I have gone on long enough for now.  Thanks for asking how to get and keep involved.   Remember NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP.  I'm not and I encourage you and your members also, not to give up.  If you give up, they win.   Take care.  Sincerely, Sherry

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Here's what Sherry had to say about the meeting:

...... There is NO TESLA PARK, never use this.  

Brenton,

We need to keep referring to it as the "Tesla OHV Area" every time it is written about or talked about.  That way it sounds like it is being taken away, rather than the other way around.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Carnegie Document Library

Here is a quick link to the California State Parks Draft EIR and Preliminary General Plan:

http://carnegiegener...ocument-library

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

From Diana:

We hope to be done by early afternoon.The most important part is in the morning. The afternoon will be primarily spent writing comments, the ones we will submit. 

Please send at least one member who can then assist the remainder of the group in getting your comments in. Unfortunately for those us who would rather be out wheeling, we have to find time to be advocates too. Each person who is able to write in your club should submit a comment. All their friends and relatives too. I probably need to say, MUST rather than should. These comments are how decisions get made and we must be a part of that process to ensure we get what we want. 

Have Alyson bring a friend … even though we will be mixing it up so those coming out of this class will have each other as well as CORVA as a resource going forward.

To more clearly answer, if she can only attend a part of the day, the morning is probably the least fun but more valuable. 

As for stickers, 25 or so should be fine…I don't want to give Alyson and out, but there are several folks who live in Livermore and around the area who could get them to us on Sunday. 

Thank you Brenton.

Edited by Disco2Guy, 28 May 2015 - 09:40 AM.

• erinw.rrc likes this

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

erinw.rrc

erinw.rrc

NCLR President

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Santa Clara
  • KA6DSC
  • 2012 D4 HSE
  • 1992 RRC aka RedRover

I can go with Alyson on Sunday.

Erin W.
"Jack Sparrow" 2012 Ipanema Sand LR4 HSE LUX; 18" LR3 Wheels, Johnson Rods, 30mm spacers, LT275/65R18 Cooper Discoverer A/T3, Baja Rack, Custom rear Kaymar bumper, factory Warn Winch kit for LR4, factory brush guard, Iron Man rear light, Hi-lift jack (recently mounted :D)
IMG_1172.JPG

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004

If you wish to watch the Livermore City Council meeting, you can do that here:

http://www.tri-valle...C-05-18-15.html

astateofmike

astateofmike

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • NCLR 004

Also, I might suggest that we as a CLUB write a letter that way each member can print/sign/send and it sends a clear message.

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

I will attend the workshop in the AM and then have Mexxi's staff serve lunch. Mexxi's will pick up the tab.

Hope to see many of you there!

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)

I will attend the workshop in the AM and then have Mexxi's staff serve lunch. Mexxi's will pick up the tab.

I'll be there too.  Diana does not want to give me an "out!" lol

• DiscoChef likes this

RedRover

RedRover

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Web Administrator
  • 3,398 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA
  • KJ6MQI
  • 1992 Range Rover Classic
  • 2012 Range Rover
  • 2012 Land Rover LR4

Added this event to the NCLR Calendar.

Jared (KJ6MQI)
1992 Range Rover Classic - Portofino Red
2012 Range Rover HSE - Santorini Black

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Enrique,

You are an absolute star, and a gentleman.  I can't make it, but look forward to spending more dollars in your establishment very soon.  Thank you.

Mmmm, will have to see if Lucas and I can 'detour' on Saturday on the way home from Sac.

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD
See you all 9 am @ La Quinta in Livermore!

Thanks Brenton for organizing this for the club, and thanks Enrique for the lunch on Mexxis.

Let me know if you need pads/pen and how many?

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
  • KD2RVR

Ron, thanks for the offer. I'm going to Staples during lunch tomorrow for the supplies, and will hand them to Alyson on Saturday.

Brenton Corns

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

DiscoChef

DiscoChef

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • KI6QBY
  • !998 D1
  • '06 LR3
  • '63 109 2A Regular
  • 95 LWB Sold
  • 95 LWB, '67 109

Enrique,

You are an absolute star, and a gentleman.  I can't make it, but look forward to spending more dollars in your establishment very soon.  Thank you.

Mmmm, will have to see if Lucas and I can 'detour' on Saturday on the way home from Sac.

Graeme

I think you're confusing me with Pedram…he's the one every one wants (or at least his talents - lol)   But I do look forward to you spending some dinero at the taco shop :)  and downing a pint or two (Lucas drives, right?).

• erinw.rrc likes this

Enrique
KI6QBY

NCLR #10 Current Director & Founding Member
1962 Series IIA Reg. Waiting to be restored :(

1967 Series IIA Two Door Pick Up, Daily Driver
1992 RRC SOLD
1995 LWB SOLD
1995 LWB RubiconReady, SOLD
1998 D1, 4.6 Relocated to KY 

1998 D1 Arles Blue. Dismantled 
06 LR3 HSE ARB bumper with Warn Winch

1992 SWB Da Yeti. Dusy Ready

AlysonH

AlysonH

NCLR Secretary

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • San Jose
  • KJ6MIO
  • 2003 DII (weekend)
  • 2012 Range Rover (work)
Erin is starting a new thread about this issue with all the information we need to submit comments. We really need everyone's help with this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users