Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NATT (not another tire thread!)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

This section of the forum seems a little slow.  I think I'll spice it up!

I’m looking for a 275-70/18 tire for my LR3.  I’m currently running Goodyear Duratracs and have been mostly satisfied with their performance however I have chunked the tread and gouged the sidewalls significantly in 20K miles.  I’ve only holed one sidewall (small, plugged) but all of the tires show enough abuse and general wear that it’s time to look for something new.

This is not a daily driver; it’s a trail rig.  However, that doesn’t mean it never sees the highway.  In fact, it’s common for me to drive it 2 to 8 hours to the trailhead.  So while off-road performance it the priority, I don’t want to totally sacrifice on-road manners and noise.  That puts me into the aggressive end of the AT or milder end of the MT spectrum.

Since the truck is used in the west, rocks are the norm.  I see one or two snow runs a year.  Occasionally sand or dunes.  Mud – er, maybe if it ever rains in California I’ll have to think about that but for the last couple years not so much.

Since this isn’t a super popular size, I’m somewhat limited for options.  Here’s what I’ve found-

New BFG AT KO2

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/off-road-tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2/tire-details

The old BFG AT was much loved, but long in the tooth.  The new tire looks promising, but I suspect it’s a bit milder than what I want.  Sadly, the KM2 is not available in my size or it would be high on my list.  It does have the winter rating like my current Duratracs, so that’s nice, and it would likely have good street manners being a mild AT tread pattern.  And BFG has a good reputation for making strong sidewalls.

Goodyear Duratrac

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac?step1=275&step2=70&step3=18&addr=1390+Nave+Drive%2C+Novato%2C+CA+94949%2C+USA&lat=38.0614344&lng=-122.53192539999998

I’m running this tire now in a 275/65 size.  Great snow performance (one of the few actually rated as a winter tire like the BFG above) and decent everywhere else, but the durability leaves something to be desired in the rocks. 

Goodyear MT/R-K

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-mtr-kevlar

Much-loved by the JKO crowd, but I don’t know a lot about it otherwise.  Possibly the most expensive option-msrp is almost $100 more than the Duratrac

Nitto Trail Grappler MT

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

Also an unknown to me; the tread shows little siping so I wonder about wet pavement or snow performance, though the description does specifically say it’s quitter on-road than their full MT tire which seems to indicate at least some semblance of on-road manners

Cooper Discoverer ST-Maxx

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX.aspx

I’ve only heard good things about this tire.  It looks like a very close match to the Duratracs I’m currently running but should be a bit more durable in the rocks if perhaps a bit less in the snow.  Sadly I’m more interested in the STT-Pro but it doesn’t appear to be available in my size.

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaMTZRadial

Again, I don’t know much about this tire other than it looks to be on the expensive end of the spectrum.  The brand as a whole has a good reputation but I don’t know anybody running them.

Toyo Open Country MT

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-mt-off-road-maximum-traction-tires?cat=10

Other than a Nick running these on his RRC who really likes them I haven’t heard good or bad about this tire.  It does look to be on the aggressive end, though the marketing material makes it seem like it would be acceptable on the road.  Some reviews suggest these don’t hold up long to pavement use though.

Toyo Open Country RT

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-rt-on-off-road-rugged-terrain-tires?cat=10

This is another of the new breed of ‘in between’ AT/MT tires – in other words, on paper it sounds very much like what I’m looking for.  But again I don’t know anybody actually running it.  Reviews make it sound like a good performer on the street but I hear little about its off-road performance.

And that’s about all I can think of – which now that I look at it is a bigger selection than I expected.  Keeping in mind my use as stated at the beginning, any thoughts or suggestions?  Any tires you can think of I’ve left off my list?

Discuss…. J

Please keep in mind that if I don't get adequate responses I'll be forced to start an oil thread.  Don't make me do it.

• RedRover likes this

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

This section of the forum seems a little slow.  I think I'll spice it up!

I’m looking for a 275-70/18 tire for my LR3.  I’m currently running Goodyear Duratracs and have been mostly satisfied with their performance however I have chunked the tread and gouged the sidewalls significantly in 20K miles.  I’ve only holed one sidewall (small, plugged) but all of the tires show enough abuse and general wear that it’s time to look for something new.

This is not a daily driver; it’s a trail rig.  However, that doesn’t mean it never sees the highway.  In fact, it’s common for me to drive it 2 to 8 hours to the trailhead.  So while off-road performance it the priority, I don’t want to totally sacrifice on-road manners and noise.  That puts me into the aggressive end of the AT or milder end of the MT spectrum.

Since the truck is used in the west, rocks are the norm.  I see one or two snow runs a year.  Occasionally sand or dunes.  Mud – er, maybe if it ever rains in California I’ll have to think about that but for the last couple years not so much.

Since this isn’t a super popular size, I’m somewhat limited for options.  Here’s what I’ve found-

New BFG AT KO2

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/category/off-road-tires/all-terrain-t-a-ko2/tire-details

The old BFG AT was much loved, but long in the tooth.  The new tire looks promising, but I suspect it’s a bit milder than what I want.  Sadly, the KM2 is not available in my size or it would be high on my list.  It does have the winter rating like my current Duratracs, so that’s nice, and it would likely have good street manners being a mild AT tread pattern.  And BFG has a good reputation for making strong sidewalls.

Goodyear Duratrac

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-duratrac?step1=275&step2=70&step3=18&addr=1390+Nave+Drive%2C+Novato%2C+CA+94949%2C+USA&lat=38.0614344&lng=-122.53192539999998

I’m running this tire now in a 275/65 size.  Great snow performance (one of the few actually rated as a winter tire like the BFG above) and decent everywhere else, but the durability leaves something to be desired in the rocks. 

Goodyear MT/R-K

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-mtr-kevlar

Much-loved by the JKO crowd, but I don’t know a lot about it otherwise.  Possibly the most expensive option-msrp is almost $100 more than the Duratrac

Nitto Trail Grappler MT

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/trail-grappler-mud-terrain-light-truck-tire/

Also an unknown to me; the tread shows little siping so I wonder about wet pavement or snow performance, though the description does specifically say it’s quitter on-road than their full MT tire which seems to indicate at least some semblance of on-road manners

Cooper Discoverer ST-Maxx

http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX.aspx

I’ve only heard good things about this tire.  It looks like a very close match to the Duratracs I’m currently running but should be a bit more durable in the rocks if perhaps a bit less in the snow.  Sadly I’m more interested in the STT-Pro but it doesn’t appear to be available in my size.

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php?item=BajaMTZRadial

Again, I don’t know much about this tire other than it looks to be on the expensive end of the spectrum.  The brand as a whole has a good reputation but I don’t know anybody running them.

Toyo Open Country MT

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-mt-off-road-maximum-traction-tires?cat=10

Other than a Nick running these on his RRC who really likes them I haven’t heard good or bad about this tire.  It does look to be on the aggressive end, though the marketing material makes it seem like it would be acceptable on the road.  Some reviews suggest these don’t hold up long to pavement use though.

Toyo Open Country RT

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-rt-on-off-road-rugged-terrain-tires?cat=10

This is another of the new breed of ‘in between’ AT/MT tires – in other words, on paper it sounds very much like what I’m looking for.  But again I don’t know anybody actually running it.  Reviews make it sound like a good performer on the street but I hear little about its off-road performance.

And that’s about all I can think of – which now that I look at it is a bigger selection than I expected.  Keeping in mind my use as stated at the beginning, any thoughts or suggestions?  Any tires you can think of I’ve left off my list?

Discuss…. J

Please keep in mind that if I don't get adequate responses I'll be forced to start an oil thread.  Don't make me do it.

Don,

I assume you're looking for an E load rating?  How about the Kanati Trail Hog ... or the Mud Claw M/T ... or Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T (I think those replaced my all time favorite Dunlop Mud Terrains).

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible
other assorted British pot metal ...

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Yes, everything I listed above is E rated.  

I've not heard of Kanati, though 'trail hog' does not sound the least bit highway friendly.

I think the Fierce Attitude is sold under the Firestone label here (?).  I'll have a look.

I'm trying not to go to an all-out mud tire or I could have included a couple others.  I still need some highway drivability seeing how I drive this thing to places like OR and Sedona.

Don

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Hi Don,

Tire selection was a very tough one for me and finally i settled on BFG AT KO2's 265/65/18's as i want all round performance. So far i have around 1000 miles on them on the streets. Road noise compared to my earlier tires is very negligible, road grip and braking is good. 

Off roading - i haven't tried yet, hopefully for Sep MORG if i can make it. David can give you an idea on that. 

So far i liked them and also good reviews on these tires. As i said mine is more of a overall tire need for road and trail. I suggest get them but since you use your LR3 on trails a lot you can go for a more aggressive tire. 

Good luck in your search.

Edited by yarrover, 25 August 2015 - 09:15 PM.

• RedRover likes this

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Hi Don,

Tire selection was a very tough one for me and finally i settled on BFG AT KO2's 265/65/18's as i want all round performance. So far i have around 1000 miles on them on the streets. Road noise compared to my earlier tires is very negligible, road grip and braking is good. 

Off roading - i haven't tried yet, hopefully for Sep MORG if i can make it. David can give you an idea on that. 

So far i liked them and also good reviews on these tires. As i said mine is more of a overall tire need for road and trail. I suggest get them but since you use your LR3 on trails a lot you can go for a more aggressive tire. 

Good luck in your search.

I agree the BFG AT's are a great tire, especially on-road and in snow, on fire roads, on sand, gravel, etc., even if you don't air down, but .....

Knowing how cut up Don's current tires are and knowing how little side-wall strength the BFG AT's have, I don't think they would be a good choice for him.

I run them on my D2 (Big Blue) and on Katrina (the D1), but found them somewhat lacking when going across rocks.  They just don't have the sidewall protection they need.  I feel the Dunlop Mud Terrain (or whatever the follow-on model is) is better, as are some of the Mickey T's, mainly for their sidewall strength.

Regards,

Graeme

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB
Don, so far i like the toyo MT. Grip off road seems to be great. No clue on snow or wet mud. They balance well and have very strong sidewalls. Time will tell. I have a friend who runs a les schwab and may be able to get you a better price than elsewhere if you go that route.

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Another tire I should probably add, the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3

http://www.mickeytho...?item=BajaATZP3

Here's a very favorable review, though in a much smaller/lower load rated size

http://www.fourwheel...tzp3-tire-test/

Sounds like it's very good on the street and rocks but not super in mud - Not a big issue for our area.  No idea how it is in snow but really I'm only in the snow once or twice a year.

Don

Nick

Nick

NCLR #59

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • San Francisco, CA
  • 1995 RR 25th LWB 5.0 TWR
  • 1995 RR LWB
  • 2012 RR A/B Ultimate

KO2: My wife's truck has the KO2s - I didn't like the original KOs but I do like the KO2s.  Good onroad, she won't let me take it offroad but imagine it should be pretty good, just looking at the tread pattern and the sidewall.

ST MAXX: I really like this tire.  Really like it.

MT/R Kevlar: Would recommend staying away from the MT/R Kevlar.  They're great in the first half of their life but after that I think balance become an issue, and they're also quite loud.  Great offroad and alright onroad.

STT/STT Pro: I had the STTs on my Mk3 and really liked them (probably my favorite MT)... too bad they don't make the STT Pros in your size (yet)

Jethro

Jethro

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Roseville
  • KK6ZBT
  • '11 LR4
  • '96 Discovery
So here's some recent relevant information for this thread:

http://dirtroadtrip....al-impressions/

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Greg, you're just taunting me because of my comment regarding the white RRC.

I'd happily step up to the STT Pro, but it's not yet available in my size; 275-70-18.

(sob)

Recently I've been doing some reading about the MT/R-K.  I had initially been sort of down on it but I've seen a few people suggesting it's OK on the street and unstoppable in the rocks.  

Oh well, still looking and reading.

BTW, I should go for a ride in Nick's RC to get a feel for how loud his Toyo MTs are.

Edited by DHappel, 04 September 2015 - 04:24 PM.

• Jethro likes this

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Don,

Mastercraft Courser MXT ?

Graeme

ndamico

ndamico

KK6TBF

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Sacramento, CA
  • KK6TBF
  • 2010 LR4
  • 1995 RRC LWB

Greg, you're just taunting me because of my comment regarding the white RRC.

I'd happily step up to the STT Pro, but it's not yet available in my size; 275-70-18.

(sob)

Recently I've been doing some reading about the MT/R-K. I had initially been sort of down on it but I've seen a few people suggesting it's OK on the street and unstoppable in the rocks.

Oh well, still looking and reading.

BTW, I should go for a ride in Nick's RC to get a feel for how loud his Toyo MTs are.

Be my guest. Anytime

Nick

2010 LR4 HSE-Lux/HD. Compos w/ Toyo Open County AT2 265/65R18, IIDTool, Baja Rack.

1995 RRC LWB.  3" RTE Lift/Bumpers, 7100SB Shocks, 255x85R16 Toyo MT's, Mantec Snorkel, Ashcroft Lockers/Axles/CV's/4.12 Gears, GBR Driveshafts & Thrust Bolts, LT230, QT Diff Guards, Voyager Rack, Winch, Sliders, Dual Batteries, ARB Twin Compressor, Kenwood D710G HAM Radio, Xantrex Inverter, Swing Away & Sliders.

My Rover Pics

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Hey Don,

What tires did you get finally or still debating?

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

DavidW

DavidW

Driver

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

I am not sure if the BFGs are right for Don, but I will say I had the original A/T KOs and now have the KO2s and they are VERY different from my experience on and off the road. The KO2s are much better on the road and really light years ahead of the original KOs off the road. I've been out quite a few times in various terrain, including some decent mud in UT and was very happy with their performance, though still not an MT tire. The original KOs were great in the snow, so I am sure these are just as good. I am really impressed on the rocky type of terrain and the lack of chunking, I had a bit of that on the KOs. In sand, they were awesome. 

Overall, I picked the KO2s because I don't want to go higher than 265/65R18 on my LR4 and these are the only E-rated tire available. I have to say, I am really impressed with the improvements in the KO2s, aside from just the looks, as they really put a lot of thought and engineering. I was on a trail down toward St. George, UT and the rocks were crazy sharp and some mud, but man these tires did an excellent job and I barely aired down. 

Just my thoughts. 

Posted Image
2013 LR4 (Discovery 4)
Full-sized Baja roof rack, ladder, front skid plate, tail lamp guards, 18" Compomotive PD1880 wheels with 265/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires, Tactical 4x4 rock sliders with steps, gas tank and transfer case skid plates, ARB front bumper with WARN XD9000 winch, RIGID Dually off-road lights, Kaymar rear bumper with custom tire swing-away, and a bunch of other stuff.

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

I haven't made any decisions and don't plan to until after the WNLRR in Sedona.  Then I'll pick a tire and order just 1 so I can experiment with the sizing.  I'm about 90% sure I can get a 33" tire to work without too much trimming but better to buy one and find out if I'm wrong vs all 5 up front since we're looking at around the $300/per price range.

I've pretty much decided not to go with the KO2.  I think it's probably a really good tire for most applications but I'm looking to go more aggressive.  In BFG I'd go with the KM2 if it were offered in my size but no.

Initially I was leaning away from the MTR-K but then I started reading a number of positive things about them regarding their on-road performance and rock performance.  But now I'm leaning back away from them as it seems they are difficult to keep in balance as they wear due to the asymmetrical tread pattern.  And although they apparently start out fairly quite (for an MT) I hear they get loud quickly as they wear.

The only tires I've not heard any negatives about are the Coopers; the STT Pro and the STMaxx.  Unfortunately the STTPro is not available in my size and repeated emails to Cooper have gone unanswered.  The STMaxx looks like a very good tire, but perhaps not quite as aggressive as I'd like which is the only thing holding me back on it.

It seems no matter what I read about one tire being good I find something else saying stay away from it.  Of course very few of the comments are actually from Rover owners who wheel the same terrain I do so it's easy to see that a tire that works well on a Jeep that sees mostly rocks might not do well on a 3/4 ton diesel truck that sees mostly mud etc.  In doing tire research I've learned reviews and comments on Jeep and Toyota forums are somewhat helpful, but anything posted on a diesel truck forum (Cummins/Powerstroke/Duramax) is totally worthless as those guys seem to only care about 1st-how does it look and 2nd-how much mileage can they get out of them.  I don't think I've seen a single person on one of those forums actually discuss the off-road performance of the tires!  (posers!)

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

https://www.treadwri...-285-65R18.00-E

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

before I open the link - I bet this is the Guard Dog?

<edit>

yup, I thought it was.  Not quite the right size though - As tight as the upper ball joint is to the sidewall now with my 275s I would need to run spacers to fit a 285.  I do have 3/4" spacers on at the moment but may have to take them off with a 33" tire, at least on the front as the swing radius at full lock might be a problem.

They are really cheap though, and I've heard mostly good things about them.  Apparently the tire can vary depending on what carcass they build it on. 

Edited by DHappel, 16 September 2015 - 08:28 PM.

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

yup, I thought it was.  Not quite the right size though - As tight as the upper ball joint is to the sidewall now with my 275s I would need to run spacers to fit a 285.  I do have 3/4" spacers on at the moment but may have to take them off with a 33" tire, at least on the front as the swing radius at full lock might be a problem.

They are really cheap though, and I've heard mostly good things about them.  Apparently the tire can vary depending on what carcass they build it on. 

Don,

Bear in mind that a 275 from one manufacturer might be bigger in reality than a 285 from another.  So 10mm is neither here nor there. The 65 aspect ratio might help you there over the 70, depending upon the carcass shape.

At least it is a cheap one to find out on ....

Shame they don't do much in 15" now, as I'd really like a 35, but they don't do it anymore.  Thinking I might have to move to a 16 or even 17 wheel ....

Graeme

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Yeah, not many people still making 15s.  With JKs running 17s now that seems to be the sweet spot.

Whither goes Jeep, there follows the market.

Don

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Well, now that I'm back from Sedona it's time to get serious about buying some tires.  I've been saying all along the new Cooper STT Pro was the most interesting option out there but it wasn't available in my size.

Just because, I checked the Cooper website yet again today and guess what?  The STT Pro is now showing in LT275-70-18!  Winner!

Specs here:

http://us.coopertire...ER-STT-PRO.aspx

• Jethro likes this

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users