Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Safari Snorkel Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery
It appears that ARB in their infinite wisdom attached the snorkel to the airbox with a plastic nut on a plastic stud. Over time the threads on the stud have stripped out, so the snorkel isn't sealing properly where it comes through the fender. Is there some trick to replacing these studs with something a little more substantial? I can't seem to find a way to access them without pulling the snorkel off which I do not want to do. Has anyone else had this problem?
Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

Disco2Guy

Disco2Guy

NCLR President 2013-2016

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,866 posts
  • KD2RVR
  • 2001 D2, heavily modified

The plastic nut and stud came that way from the factory as I recall from my install of the Mantec. You probably have to remove the snorkel and find a way to use metal hardware, but I don't know how the Safari Snorkel sits against the body. Mantec has a steel plate.

Brenton Corns
TREAD Lightly! Tread Trainer

4xFarAdventures.com

2001 D2

205,000 miles

post-472-0-05786100-1439104512.jpg

lilcrawler

lilcrawler

NCLR/AZLRO Club Member

• NCLR Guest+
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • KI6WSS
  • 2004 Land Rover Discovery
I really don't want to pull the snorkel off. Frank had to destroy the fender on the '00 when he took it off to move over to mine.
Tyler
2004 DII- Not modified heavily enough

I get below 15 mpg on Fuelly!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users