Welcome to NCLR - Northern California Land Rover Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

LR3/LR4 Parts Source Suggested/Replacement Parts Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

And somehow my hood struts just decided to fail today.  Weird...no problems at sunday night and today the hood does't even try to stay open.

Don,

I have them in stock ....

Graeme

Graeme Ware -- San Carlos, CA

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,
other assorted British pot metal ...

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

i had troubles adding anything to the cart using safari on OS X. i switched to chrome, chose paypal checkout and was able to proceed normally. i found delivery at an event under the shipping methods.

Phil,

So I sent a bug report to the host and they checked with a tablet of some description running OS X and Safari.  They claim all was well, and gave me the normal "clear the cache and try again" advice.  Sometimes I hate computers .... and support techs ....

Regards,

Graeme

1990 Range Rover Classic - LT230 Transfer box, Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers, "Blue Submarine"
1996 Discovery 1 (R380 Manual Transmission, Ashcroft under-drive, RoverWare rear bumper, 33x12.5-15 BFG ATs) -- we call her "Katrina" -- Fordyce 7.5 mile survivor
1999 Discovery 2 (D1 CDL Linkage, 265/75-16 BFG A/T KO, RoverWare front and rear bumper)
1993 Jaguar XJS convertible; 1971 Triumph GT6; 1959 Morris Minor convertible, Tesla Model 3,

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0
Just a heads up, if they're testing it on an iPad that's a no go. We have field reps that have iPads and they don't share the same technical issues as Mac laptop users. Our compliance portal website DOES work on the iPads in Safari and DOESN'T work on the Mac laptops with Safari. We always tell people just to use Chrome because our help desk is equally helpful with this.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Just a heads up, if they're testing it on an iPad that's a no go. We have field reps that have iPads and they don't share the same technical issues as Mac laptop users. Our compliance portal website DOES work on the iPads in Safari and DOESN'T work on the Mac laptops with Safari. We always tell people just to use Chrome because our help desk is equally helpful with this.

Chad,

Good info., thanks.

Graeme

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Don,

I have them in stock ....

Graeme

I'd gladly take a pair, but I'd like to get them asap and I won't be down to the peninsula any time soon.  I'll just pick up some generic ones this weekend.

However, here's a parts thought for you:  LR3 gears

As far as I can tell, nobody sells gears for the LR3/LR4/RRS.  Stock is 3.73 (ish).  Looking around at other power options (4.0V6, diesel, supercharged, etc) and none seem to offer a shorter ratio.  Some have taller gears, but that's not much help.

With the current tire I'm a bit over 10% larger diameter.  While the truck can pull itself around fine, it wouldn't hurt to go to a 4.10-ish gear to regain some lost pep.

I wouldn't do it 'just because', but if/when I kill a diff (and you know I will eventually) I'll probably put in a front locker and that would be the ideal time to also re-gear.

So - got any leads on people doing gears for these trucks?

Don
'07 LR3 HSE/HD - slightly non-stock

'96 D1 - even more non-stock

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

I'd gladly take a pair, but I'd like to get them asap and I won't be down to the peninsula any time soon.  I'll just pick up some generic ones this weekend.

However, here's a parts thought for you:  LR3 gears

As far as I can tell, nobody sells gears for the LR3/LR4/RRS.  Stock is 3.73 (ish).  Looking around at other power options (4.0V6, diesel, supercharged, etc) and none seem to offer a shorter ratio.  Some have taller gears, but that's not much help.

With the current tire I'm a bit over 10% larger diameter.  While the truck can pull itself around fine, it wouldn't hurt to go to a 4.10-ish gear to regain some lost pep.

I wouldn't do it 'just because', but if/when I kill a diff (and you know I will eventually) I'll probably put in a front locker and that would be the ideal time to also re-gear.

Don,

Let me just say, yes, it has been talked about.  I cannot say more ....

Regards,

Graeme

• DHappel likes this

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

Don,

Let me just say, yes, it has been talked about.  I cannot say more ....

Regards,

Graeme

Keep us posted.  I'm sure it's not a huge market since most don't run that much tire on these things.  But as they age more and more people are willing to experiment with them.

I'm sure somebody would be willing to cut me a custom set of gears.  For a price.

Don

AdvRovr

AdvRovr

NCLR Treasurer

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Lathrop
  • K6ADV
  • 97 Range Rover 4.0

For an LR3, you should probably start with the mommy forums to see what they're doing so they can get to Nordstrom faster.

Chad // Instagram: @AdvRovr
2009 Range Rover Sport // 2001 BMW 330Ci // 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser // 1996 Triumph Tiger 900

FOR SALE: Built 1997 Range Rover 4.0 // 2006 BMW 330i 6MT 

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

For an LR3, you should probably start with the mommy forums to see what they're doing so they can get to Nordstrom faster.

Wrong way - they just swap in the diesel final drive to up the top speed.  If you can't hit 150 you'll never beat out that annoying Susan down the road for the really good stuff.  God I hate that Susan and her 'oh, look what I found on sale...didn't you get one?'

• DiscoDavis and AdvRovr like this

Don

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,767 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Battery replacement.  Went with Interstate MTP49/H8 (thanks Enrique and Anudeep for the suggestion) for my LR3.  Perfect fit.  Used a $20 manufacturer rebate, and got it from Wheel Works in Concord.

Cold weather was having an adverse effect on the 5 year old battery in the truck.

With the new battery, it's a alive!  Good start and good to go!

Tread Lightly Trainer: http://www.treadlightly.org/
SPOT Adventures: http://www.spotadven...?trip_id=178167
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,767 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

Ron,

Personal delivery at an event is free, so that would be $24 actually.  The other vendor's price is reasonable, as shipping from there is probably around $8 or $9

Our next shipment is likely to be arriving during the last week of this month, unless I get lots of orders in the near future and then it will be sooner.

Graeme

Graeme,

Was busy organizing the lunch fundraiser for Tim; you delivered the orders @ Mexxis but totally spaced out.

Broom is holding up the hood when I need to check the oil, and has been working just fine.  Suppose I should finally replace them :)

If you still have 2x front hood struts for $24 and will be @ the BOD meeting this Sunday, I can bring cash.  Let me know.

Otherwise, no worries if you are out; AB has them for sale.  Let me know by tomorrow.  Thanks!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" - Anonymous

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

If you still have 2x front hood struts for $24 and will be @ the BOD meeting this Sunday, I can bring cash.  Let me know.

Otherwise, no worries if you are out; AB has them for sale.  Let me know by tomorrow.  Thanks!

Ron,

We have them in stock, and on the website at RoverWare.US   Best to order them there and use the "deliver at an event" radio-box for shipping.

I wont be at the meeting Sunday, but if ordered by Friday evening, I'll probably be able to get them there for you.

Graeme

RON CT110

RON CT110

NCLR Club Member

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,767 posts
  • 2004 DII
  • 2007 LR3 V8 HSE/HD

ok just paid for it online

YOUR ORDER NUMBER IS: 120

FYI - had problem completing my purchase using Firefox (version 44.0) using Windows 10.  stuck @ the check out process.  Switched to Chrome and no problem at all - completed the purchase.

TomOwen

TomOwen

-

• NCLR Guest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • Atherton, CA
  • KG6DHD
  • 1996 Discovery 1

ok just paid for it online

YOUR ORDER NUMBER IS: 120

FYI - had problem completing my purchase using Firefox (version 44.0) using Windows 10. stuck @ the check out process. Switched to Chrome and no problem at all - completed the purchase.

Using Firefox? On WinX? Wow, living on the edge... ;-)

:lr:
Tom Owen
NCLR Vice President

On a slow transition from Carpool to Trail with the help of this Club

Y2K Toyota Land Cruiser Series 100
; Cooper A/T3s, PacaSport, glitter, hair-bows, jolly ranchers and juice box stains...

@TomOwen

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

FYI - had problem completing my purchase using Firefox (version 44.0) using Windows 10.  stuck @ the check out process.  Switched to Chrome and no problem at all - completed the purchase.

Ron,

Thank you.  Thanks for the heads-up on the Windows 10 and Firefox too.  I had the same thing just after Christmas (just got a blank page), with both Firefox and Edge.  I thought we'd got that fixed .... eCommerce will drive me insane .... wait .... maybe that was what caused it ....

Graeme

yarrover

yarrover

NCLR Club Memeber

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • 2006 LR3 HSE

Looks like those are out of stock now. Graeme, i still din't buy mine :), please order me one for your next shipment. This time i will buy it online and pick up sometime from a event.

Ron - Did you find the LR4 grill for LR3?

Anudeep (YARRover)
2006 LR3 HSE (Buckingham Blue)
with HD Package, BFG KO2's !!

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Looks like those are out of stock now. Graeme, i still din't buy mine :), please order me one for your next shipment. This time i will buy it online and pick up sometime from a event.

Anudeep,

I have more on the way (should arrive late next week).  They are a popular item.  I think there are a lot of lurkers on this forum (and Google indexes it, although not as well as the old forum).

Graeme

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Ron,

We have them in stock, and on the website at RoverWare.US   Best to order them there and use the "deliver at an event" radio-box for shipping.

I wont be at the meeting Sunday, but if ordered by Friday evening, I'll probably be able to get them there for you.

Graeme

Ron,

Hopefully, Don remembered to move these into his van after his LR3 events yesterday.  If so, you should get them at the BoD Meeting.

I note Atlantic British have them on sale this week at $25.95 EACH.   RoverWare normal price is currently $24, per PAIR, as you know.  We won't be having many "special sale" events .... I hope that is okay!!!

Graeme

DHappel

DHappel

NCLR Trip Ambassador

• NCLR BOD Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • Walnut Grove, CA
  • KK6TBH
  • '07 LR3 with stuff
  • '96 D1 Roadster
  • '94 RRC
  • '96 D1

All parts delivered.  I think I even got the right stuff to the right people.  :)

Don

GraemeWare

GraemeWare

general old hooligan

• NCLR Club Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

All parts delivered.  I think I even got the right stuff to the right people.   :)

Don,

We appreciate it, thank you.  Guess we're going to have to work in a discount for your next order ....

Graeme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users